PDA

View Full Version : The Nose

1st October 2005, 07:14 PM
Personally, when using NEW I have found that it is a good idea to spend some time on just about everything you can think of. The nose was a little difficult for me to get going at first, for instance, but it turned out to be well worth the effort!

It is interesting, of course, to consider yoga, and how the nostrils are viewed as the end point of the Pingala and Ida nadis.

For example, see: Sushumna, Ida and Pingala: Nadis of the subtle body (http://www.tantra-kundalini.com/nadis.htm)

Pingala is the right channel. Pingala is red, masculine, hot, represents the sun and is associated with the river Yamuna. Originating in Muladhara, Pingala ends up in the right nostril.

Ida is the left channel. Ida is white, feminine, cold, represents the moon and is associated with the river Ganga (Ganges). Originating in Muladhara, Ida ends up in the left nostril.

kevstar
23rd October 2005, 06:41 AM
Yeah, I've never given much attention to the nose. Maybe I will.

allure
23rd October 2005, 10:07 PM
Pingala is the right channel. Pingala is red, masculine.
Ida is the left channel. Ida is white, feminine.

It popped up automatically the brian hemispheres to me. Its the oppiste way! Right side is feminine, smooth and left side masculine, tense. However, accoring to atonomy, the eyes are connected to the brain the opposite way, so that the left eye is connected to the right hemisphere and the right eye to left hemisphere.

is there any correlation? :lol:

24th October 2005, 04:02 PM
That's an interesting point. From what little I know of it, Chinese (Taoist) thought would have it that the left side is yang; the right is yin. Perhaps this is a point where Tantra differs from Taoist thought.

I will check my sources...

allure
25th October 2005, 12:28 AM
i found something:)
it has little to do with nose:

There are three channels, nadis, in the spine. Pingala, the right, is dynamic, masculine, fire, solar energy and creative. Ida, the left, is passive, feminine, cool, lunar-energy and relaxing.
When these two are in equilibrium, the life energy prana is in equilibrium. And then the Kundalini force can rise up through the sushumna, the central channel, which is the high voltage power line. This is the Royal Way.

and the rest (about kundalini):

According to Indian tradition, man has seven chakras (centres of energy). The Kundaliniforce is said to be sleeping, coiled like a serpent, in the lowest chakra, called the root chakra. When this force is awoken, it begins to rise up through the spine. The awakening occurs through yoga, meditation, breathing exercises etc., and was called "the shorter way to God" by the old practioners. One was well aware though, that it was a risky journey. The energy activates all chakras, and it was therefor important that the practioner performed purification exercises, because if the chakras were filled with impurities, the ravaging of Kundalini was very painful. The purpose of these exercises is to reinforce the nervous system and the glands, so that they can bear the tremendous powers that are activated. This is done through exact bodily movements and positions, manipulation of the respiratory organs, mantras, i.e. sacred phrases, and is finally finished off with meditation.

If the Kundalini fire is triggered in the wrong way, it can get out of control and break down the entire nervous system. The first feeling of ecstasy and rapture, is quickly replaced by lack of life energy, listlessness, depression, agony, disorder and experiences of being attacked by invisible evil powers, or one is hit by the "I am Messiah"-syndrome. At worst one becomes insane, or that the ravage of the Kundalini fire is experienced as if one is burnt up from inside, and it can even cause death, or the opposite: one congeals, i.e. becomes paralysed. Correctly activated, under the control of a Master, Guru, who has gone through the process himself with a happy ending, one can reach the highest God power and get higher consciousness, supernatural powers and peace of mind.
The Kundalini energy "the white Cobra", then has reached the crown chakra, and you have attained samadhi, i.e. enlightenment, and one has been initiated into the Truth. Shakti, the creative feminine force, has been united with the masculine Shiva, the pure consciousness. The individual "I" has been merged into the Brahman, i.e. one has become at one with God, and no longer needs to incarnate on Earth. The coalescence is an enormous inner experience of light.

http://kundalini.se/eng/n_engkni_1024.html
:)