PDA

View Full Version : Thank you and a question

guitarguy68
27th June 2007, 01:20 AM
Mr. Bruce and Mr. Mercer, thanks for the putting these CDs on the market. They're a great help, definately five star material. I've already bought a second copy to give as a gift. I do have one question though: Will alternating between the BWGen from the MAP book and the CDs from the MAP 6 CD set help keep my mind from becoming tolerant to a certain preset, or are the altered state sounds on the CDs the same as those in the BWGen? In other words, are the altered state sounds on CD2 Relaxation the same as either the week 1 or week 2 presets in the BWGen, are the sounds on CD3 Meditation the same as those in week 3 from the BWGen?

BriMercer
27th June 2007, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the good thoughts, Guitar Guy.

I took the liberty of enhancing the altered state sounds for the CD album. They are similar but not quite the same. If you're working with both the 90-day program and the album, I would follow the 90-day program and use the album as suggested in the instruction booklet. As you become more adept at learning to get into and hold an altered state, you can switch to the BWGen if you'd prefer, as it may offer more flexibility.

As for acclimatizing to the sounds, I think this is really only really a concern with those sessions calculated to bring about OBE, in that they seem to be more effective upon first listenings. That said, I think they still will ease listeners into the ideal state for OBE and that, together with the guided instruction and NEW techniques, won't create any obstacles for success.

Brian

Korpo
27th June 2007, 05:19 PM
Hello, Brian.

If I understood correctly, wasn't the random noise (white, pink, etc.) added to the tracks to avoid the brain "ignoring" the actual signal because of acclimatisation after a few sessions?

I think I remember this being said in one of the papers from TMI about Hemisync.

Oliver

guitarguy68
27th June 2007, 06:45 PM
Thanks Brian!

BriMercer
28th June 2007, 04:52 PM
Hello, Brian.

If I understood correctly, wasn't the random noise (white, pink, etc.) added to the tracks to avoid the brain "ignoring" the actual signal because of acclimatisation after a few sessions?

I think I remember this being said in one of the papers from TMI about Hemisync.

Oliver

One of the things I've noticed personally (I've heard the same from others in the early MAP test groups) is that the first time I listened to the presets designed for OBE that I felt definite energy body sensations while just passively lying there. But, after repeated sessions, this became less dramatic. I don't think it's necessarily true in all cases, especially when techniques like relaxation, a clear mind, NEW, voice guidance, etc., are added.

As for the white noise, from my discussions with one of the sound engineers who did some TMI work, I believe the white noise is there to make the sound of the tone less harsh and abrasive to the ear. You'll notice that TMI's HS sounds are usually nearly inaudible and are mostly filled with white noise. But I found through experimentation that actually hearing the sounds had a much more noticeable effect on the quality of my altered state, and thus in the MAP CD album (and the BWGen presets) they are audible.

Hope that helps.

Brian

CFTraveler
28th June 2007, 04:57 PM
Plus I like 'whooshing' with them. :lol:

Korpo
28th June 2007, 06:12 PM
I am not sure if that matches with my experience, Brian. Mind you, I mostly went with Gateway tapes.

I hear the Hemisync signal very distinct and the noise fades completely, and then I know I "hit the state". I always wondered where the signal was when relistening without headphones for checking... ;)

Oliver