PDA

View Full Version : energy blockage

fredhedd
1st July 2007, 04:59 AM
i have been meditating/using NEW for eight years off and on. i have made good progress in many areas. for the last five years my brow center has felt very pronounced. i'm very aware of it throughout the entire day. i haven't done any direct work on it but i think i'm ready to now. if i remember right, the feeling i feel that is so pronounced is resistance. that tells me i need to work on that area.

i have felt this resistance for a long time and i think i actually consciously made the decision to 'fight' the development that was coming to me at such an early age (23 - then). over time i have made it an unconscious habit to resist the development of this center and now it feels as though i have a very pronounced blockage. when i spend time and relax this area the feeling gets even more pronounced.

this is confusing because i assumed the more i relaxed the less i would feel the resistance. it goes the other way. i am very familar with a.d. and n.e.w. but i would appreciate any advice from any experienced person.

i've been cautious to try and not over stimulate or prematurely stimulate this or any center but i'm having trouble telling if i am stimulating or relaxing or what, i don't know. i can post much more information and specifics if necessary. thanks in advance.

bob

Beekeeper
1st July 2007, 06:50 AM
How do you perceive the "resistance" in your brow centre?

The fact that you are aware of having created a blockage there (if in fact you have) is the first step to releasing it. It's no longer an "unconscious habit" because you have brought it to awareness. Since you have meditated and done energy work successfully for 8 years, it seems to me that you should feel sufficient mastery by now to tackle the job without anxiety. Your awareness will be such that you know when enough is enough and when it's worth persisting.

It might be a good idea to jot down what anxieties you've had in the past about stimulating the ajna and then address those rationally by ascertaining their likelihood and having a plan to deal with any eventuality.

this is confusing because i assumed the more i relaxed the less i would feel the resistance.

I propose that the more you relax, the more aware you are of the state of your energy body. It may be that what you're considering a blockage is, in fact, an active chakra.

Korpo
1st July 2007, 08:47 AM
Hello, fredhedd.

I propose that the more you relax, the more aware you are of the state of your energy body. It may be that what you're considering a blockage is, in fact, an active chakra.

I agree with the former but not the later. It is true - energy body awareness increases with relaxation. Getting into a trance or a vibrational state can highlight and intensify energy blockages. The more we relax the more we become aware of the energies.

However, I do think your intuition is correct and it is indeed a blockage. Resistance is usually a good indicator for a blockage. Blockages range from a feeling of "not feeling" over hard and painful to resistance. So I would say it is at least a block.

The blockage can be worked upon best in my experience with Robert's NEW wrap - wrapping the blocked center with awareness and sinking into it. In my experience this can be done extremely well if done very softly.

The interesting question IMO is - why are you so "blocked" to do this step? I mean, you are an experienced meditator and energy worker.

Have you activated the lower chakras?
Have you practised grounding?
Do you feel stable, and emotionally and mentally balanced?
Has energy work and meditation brought you calmness and peace?

If you can answer these questions with "yes", I think there should not be much of a problem. Problems usually arise from ungrounded practises, or from overworking a chakra without working the others, or from working the higher before the lower ones.

Have you any specific other reason to be anxious to take this step? I do not think you can actually be too young as a young adult for this, however you could be too immature. Emotional and mental maturity play a big role in whether you can cope with the experiences you make or not. This is not directly dependent on age alone - a young adult with commitment to work on himself and actually doing the work can be much more mature than a 40-year-old that does not in many regards. The mind grows if we allow it to do and not cling to things.

Older people usually are wiser because of the lessons life teaches us, if they actually learn. If they don't, they stay mental teenager in many ways. So do not primarily worry about age. Do some soulsearching, list the changes you induced with energy work, look at yourself honestly and compare to "former versions of you". And then you might feel able to decide if you can take this step.

If still not sure, there are exercises to help looking, for example the "Soul Mirror" exercise from Bardon's "Initiation Into Hermetics" - an exercise in writing things up, how impressive the name may sound. ;)

Take good care,
Oliver

fredhedd
2nd July 2007, 04:55 AM
i perceive the sensation in a way that seems similar to if someone were to take a metal spoon and press it firmly right between the center of my eyebrows, but slightly higher. at that spot it is most noticeable but the feeling stretches across my entire head and not a second of any day goes by without my entire head 'buzzing'. it's been this way for years.

it's been apparent to me for a few years that i've had a little bit of a natural gift when it comes to some of this stuff and i just assumed that this was an over active chakra. the sensation never hurts but in the past it could be very bothersome. that is why i kind of shut it off as best i could. i figured if it was bothering me i wasn't ready. there is much more to this story but the latest development has brought me here.

i had never had any type of psychic reading done until about six months ago. i went there for help with this problem. i've seen three different psychics since. the last one i saw a few days ago. upon meeting me she told me that she could see what may be some type of blockage around where that chakra is. when she said it something rang true inside me. it felt like she just made a lot of sense and that i had misjudged this sensation for over-activation instead of a blockage. she said there was another small one at the very top of my spine, behind my head.

she really helped and i have been making some good progress since then. i have much tension in my head and neck and shoulders. i know that it's been there for a while but after repeatedly exhausting an extensive list of remedies i had only a little luck. now since she has 'pinpointed' these blockages i have made a little progress.

i read a.d. when i was younger, even before i started meditating and one thing that stuck with me was the warning not to over stimulate that chakra because it could cause problems. i purposely went out of my way to be ginger there but no matter what i did i always had intense feeling there. i thought that part was over developed and i thought i had to work on the rest of my energy body.

but even now trying to relax that part feels like i'm doing the right thing, sort of but still creates tremendous pressure and feeling. i'm trying to be cautious.

i have activated the lower chakras four or five years ago.
i have practised grounding, but honestly not as much as i probably should have
i am extremely stable in every way and always have been.
energy work and meditatoin has brought ieven more ncreased calmness and peace than what was already there.

thanks very much for all of your time in reading this lengthy post, and for your help. it is very much appreciated.

Mishell
2nd July 2007, 05:13 AM
fredhedd,

I found this website when I was looking for a chakra between the heart and throat. I knew there must be one, but had never read about it in any books. http://www.kheper.net/topics/chakras/major_and_minor.html. The website gives a pretty good description on closed, open, overactive, etc. chakras.

Hope you find something that helps. I know what that buzzing feeling in the head is like. It doesn't hurt at all, just feels very spacey.

Good luck.

Oh, and do some grounding. It really really helps.

Beekeeper
2nd July 2007, 06:33 AM
i perceive the sensation in a way that seems similar to if someone were to take a metal spoon and press it firmly right between the center of my eyebrows, but slightly higher. at that spot it is most noticeable but the feeling stretches across my entire head

I agree from your description that there's a blockage there.

and not a second of any day goes by without my entire head 'buzzing'. it's been this way for years.

I still think the chakra is active. I think it's possible for both realities to exist at once. I know, for instance, that I often suffer soreness in the scapula, neck and jaw, indicative of blockage linked to the heart chakra, but I also have very distinct activity in all the main chakras, including the heart. If this test (http://www.eclecticenergies.com/chakras/chakradotest.php) is accurate, then all my main chakras are activated. I have projected through the heart chakra, as well. Admittedly, I'm only speaking from my observations and I'm not as immersed in energy work as Oliver.

Korpo
2nd July 2007, 08:31 AM
Mishell,

There's multitude of major and minor energy gates in the energy body. Could you describe the location acurately in anatomical terms? I might forward you a scan of a chart in PM that might help you in identifying the location then.

Be well,
Oliver

PS - I looked at the site, and somehow this guy seems to have a very random approach to information, citing everything he comes over. He claims at one point that in Taiji you focus on the "sky point", which is not true. This "sky point" may play a role in correcting posture, but is no focus in Taiji. In Taiji movement starts from the pelvis/Kwa and the practitioner directs energies from the Earth or into the Earth through his rooted stance. So I wonder what other citations on this site are not very good, either... *shrugs*

Korpo
2nd July 2007, 08:48 AM
fredhedd,

BeeKeeper is right - an energy blockage does not exclude chakra activation - I'd rather say the degree of activation is determined by the amount of blockage. So, the more blockage you remove, the more your chakras become active. Like removing dirt from a mirror - it still reflects light if dirty, but less. I have read that without chakra activity you are not alive, so it's all a matter of degree, not one of black and white.

Your answers to my questions seem to indicate that there's nothing to be afraid of. You seem to have all the prerequisites for safely continuing. The 3rd eye is not dangerous. It is intimately involved with thought and higher awareness. The risks come from imbalancing a system, or overstimulation, but I do not think from your description that this is the case.

It is quite common to store stress in the neck region - the region you described is the Atlas vertebra (the one the head rests on and where the spine connects). It is not uncommon to be blocked there. The Chinese call this region the Jade Pillow, because the head rests on this region.

From my experience, when energy flows blockages get pronounced. Most blockages are more like constrictions of energy flow, not preventing it. When energy flow becomes stronger, exceeding the limited capacity that the blockage allows, the blockage is "triggered". The nervous system relays a feeling of uneasiness, strength, tension, not being right, strongly dependant on where the blockage is located. Head blockages often trigger headache sensation, pressure/tension or similar things. If this happens in energy work it is to my experience a "description" of what the blockage feels like to the body, but magnified by the extra attention we pay in trance and by putting more awareness in your energy body.

An example: I worked on my throat in energy work, and felt a choking sensation even while breathing deeply and calmly. But my body expresses the nature of a throat blockage by throat constriction, and the magnified effect felt like choking while it really wasn't.

I think you can start working with your 3rd eye blockage. Just be gentle, that's why I recommend "Etheric Wrap", it allows for gentleness, much more than "Bounce", "Sponge" or "Tearing" do. Ground the energy you get when the blockage lessens, and I think you should be fine.

I can give you a bit more detailed energy work instructions if you like. I mainly focus on blockages in mine.

Hope this helps,
Oliver

Aunt Clair
9th July 2007, 04:45 PM
Here is a link to open the blockages # 5 and other suggestions to practice clairvoyance in meditative trance ;
http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewto ... highlight= (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=8257&highlight=)