PDA

View Full Version : My First and Need Some Pointers?

gpmabob36
9th July 2007, 03:03 AM
Hey,

So this happened about a month or two ago, and I'm still trying to figure out where I went wrong and what I should try next time. First of all I never saw a thing, which now I know was from astral blindness. I also never fully separated from my body, but I will go through what I experienced to verify what happened and what I should do next time around.

So I woke up in the morning on my stomach and was very tired to decided to try and sleep again. But then I remembered reading that the morning hours are sometimes the best times to try and project. So, being a complete and utter beginner, I was shocked to get the results I did considering I thought it would be a lot harder than it turned out to be.

I didn't try any deep breathing techniques, I didn't try and induce vibrations, I didn't try to focus on my chakras or anything. All I did simply was try and stay awake. THAT'S IT! I just cleared my head and reminded myself from time to time of the sound of my bedroom fan beside me, or the birds outside, and that was the end of it. Pretty soon, vibrations did kick in and I was shocked at how violent they were slowly becoming.

Soon after, I heard a very loud crashing sound. At first I thought it was otuside my window, but then it got extremely loud and it was obviously coming from inside my head, because my dog was sleeping right next to me and didn't react at all. Seconds afterward, the vibrations and the crashing stopped, immediately, and in unison. Afterwards, there was total silence. Not even the sound of the fan or the birds. I felt weightless. My only test to confirm what I was experiencing was pushing my hand into my mattress and waving it around, which was an amazing feeling.

Now, back then I didn't know about astral blindness, so as I tried to open my astral eyes, my physical left eye opened, and I snapped back. I heard the fan and the birds again and the bed underneath me.

So now a few questions. I've read that you should try and project during the vibrations. But is this always the case, because it wasn't until the vibrations and noises ceased that I felt like I was ready to go. I was just trying to see before attempting an exit, which led to the process being terminated. What would you recommend?

Also, when you try to float out of your body, do you literally think your way up, like "Now let's float up, slowly..." or something like that, or do you induce the feeling by imagining it? And how would you imagine it?

Obviously, I just want to get everything down to the detal so that next time I'll be fully prepared to go. Thanks!

Angelo

Beekeeper
9th July 2007, 03:20 AM
Angelo said:

So this happened about a month or two ago, and I'm still trying to figure out where I went wrong and what I should try next time. First of all I never saw a thing, which now I know was from astral blindness. I also never fully separated from my body, but I will go through what I experienced to verify what happened and what I should do next time around.

More energy work should correct astral blindness and ensure more complete separation. I actually suspect blindness occurs when we've already projected just a little earlier and lost memory of that projection. It also occurs if you're a bit unwell and have taken medication such as antihistamine.
Some people find it effective to demand vision with a statement like "clarity now" or "vision now." This has certainly worked for me in lucid dreaming.

So I woke up in the morning on my stomach and was very tired to decided to try and sleep again. But then I remembered reading that the morning hours are sometimes the best times to try and project.

Most of mine have occurred in the morning hours after a decent sleep.

So, being a complete and utter beginner, I was shocked to get the results I did considering I thought it would be a lot harder than it turned out to be.

It's a good start but it's still a beginner's start.

I didn't try any deep breathing techniques, I didn't try and induce vibrations, I didn't try to focus on my chakras or anything. All I did simply was try and stay awake. THAT'S IT! I just cleared my head and reminded myself from time to time of the sound of my bedroom fan beside me, or the birds outside, and that was the end of it. Pretty soon, vibrations did kick in and I was shocked at how violent they were slowly becoming.

Soon after, I heard a very loud crashing sound. At first I thought it was otuside my window, but then it got extremely loud and it was obviously coming from inside my head, because my dog was sleeping right next to me and didn't react at all. Seconds afterward, the vibrations and the crashing stopped, immediately, and in unison. Afterwards, there was total silence. Not even the sound of the fan or the birds. I felt weightless. My only test to confirm what I was experiencing was pushing my hand into my mattress and waving it around, which was an amazing feeling.

A fairly classic AP experience. I've put hands through the mattress; it is cool!

Now, back then I didn't know about astral blindness, so as I tried to open my astral eyes, my physical left eye opened, and I snapped back. I heard the fan and the birds again and the bed underneath me.

You probably needed to be a little deeper in trance before you tried. There's an approach called the eye-pry method, I think it originated in the Saltcube forums (http://www.saltcube.com/out-of-body/chat-forum/viewForum.jsp?f=0) where you simply use your fingers to pry your eyes open.

So now a few questions. I've read that you should try and project during the vibrations. But is this always the case, because it wasn't until the vibrations and noises ceased that I felt like I was ready to go. I was just trying to see before attempting an exit, which led to the process being terminated. What would you recommend?

Your own experience has already given you the answer. You may find yourself projecting without the vibrations in any case.

Also, when you try to float out of your body, do you literally think your way up, like "Now let's float up, slowly..." or something like that, or do you induce the feeling by imagining it? And how would you imagine it?

In my experience, you just desire it and it happens.

Obviously, I just want to get everything down to the detal so that next time I'll be fully prepared to go. Thanks!

Good luck. Keep us posted and remember to share what you learn with those less experienced than you.

BriMercer
9th July 2007, 08:28 PM
I agree with Beekeeper. You may not have been relaxed enough. In my experience, it doesn't necessarily take too deep a trance to project, but you must have the proper state of relaxation. Any fear you might have experienced during the exit sensations might have caused you to tense up just enough to prevent full separation. It definitely appears by the symptoms that at least a partial projection took place. It may have only been necessary at this point to direct your attention away from your physical body and holding it there to have been successful.

Vision problems can clear up once you get a certain distance from the physical body. Demanding clear vision is certainly an option if you are three meters+ away from your body and still you're having trouble seeing.

Excellent first steps.

Brian

gpmabob36
10th July 2007, 12:14 AM
Hey all,

What excellent timing I have, because this morning I had my second experience after a few months of the one I posted on this board. And it was all an accident!

I was sleeping, but I woke up during the separation process, beyond a lucid dream. I was fully awake of the vibrations and the noises and my sped up heart rate, and before I knew it, it all stopped and I knew I was ready to go for my second time.

I did my little test of pushing my hand through the bed and it worked, so instead of trying to open my eyes like I did last time, I proceeded in placing my hands on the bed and pushing myself up, literally feeling myself lifting out of some kind of covering (my physical body, obviously).

I got as far as almost stepping out of the bed. I tried a command like "Vision Now", and the blackness did happen to light up just a tint, but it was still nearly pitch black. I wasn't away from my body so I didn't expect to get full vision. Then, I don't know what happened. All I know is a thought passed my mind, like I was about to start dreaming, and before I knew it, I woke up on my bed.

So there you have it. Something else to mention: during the vibrations I tried to imagine myself floating up and oddly enough I did feel as though I was trying to pull up, feeling lopsided at one time from head down to my feet. Hopefully I will soon be able to open my eyes!

Angelo