PDA

View Full Version : Question About the Five Tibetan Rites

jtowson
9th July 2007, 10:34 AM
Hello, all.

I've been reading through through this and that on the site and forums trying to suck up as much information as I can on... everything!

My recent motivations have been energy work for healing, and I came across various threads and various people mentioning their practicing the 5 Tibetan Rites.

I fear I may be asking a question that might have already been answered many times, and have done my best to search around to figure out what it is, but came across some mixed information. So, if that's the case, please don't get angry at me!

So, my questions are:

What exactly are the Five Tibetan Rites?
Can you recommend a good reference (site, book) on the subject?

And I suppose most importantly:

Can you recommend it for a beginner? To give a little background, I'm quite the analytic type, and currently have a lot of stress in my life, which has kept me from really being able to concentrate on things. (Not my first attempt, but) I've recently been working my way through NEW, and am finally starting to make some momentum with it. Trying to meet my challenges head-on, am interested in exploring many different methods and such.

Anyway! Any advice and tips will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Justin

journyman161
9th July 2007, 10:43 AM
Go here (http://www.mkprojects.com/pf_TibetanRites.htm) for a printable version of the exercises. It has an explanation, the exercises & at the end, exercises to do if you are overweight, out of exercise practice or just for warm up so you don't strain anything.

Start with the warm ups & see how you go. If they're a strain at all, start with 2 each, & build up slowly over a period of a few weeks until you can do 2 each of the full exercises.

Recommended, for anyone capable of reasonably normal movement