PDA

View Full Version : trance problems

magic
20th July 2007, 04:51 PM
Recently I´ve had problems getting into trance, I´ve done the relaxation and deep breathing and mental falling technique and even bineural beats but
the trance state wont happen.

Could anyone list things that you should avoid doing or things you need to do before that I´m forgetting?

/magic

CFTraveler
20th July 2007, 05:04 PM
First off, how long are you doing the relaxation work and the trance-inducing techniques?
It is possible to be in trance and not know it. Technically, if you are lying down or reclined in the same position for an hour and not move or feel terribly uncomfortable, you are in trance, albeit a light trance.
There is a feel to deep trance- a certain warmth, lack of feeling in your extremities, and a propensity for your imagination to be more real. If you are having all these symptoms, you are on the way to deep trance- the problem may be that you're clicking out when you get there.
If you are having mild hypnagogics and are hearing intermittent astral noises, you are in a light trance.
If you are trancing too late in the am, chances are you are waking up too much and not staying in trance (which is what is happening to me lately, for the most part.) If you are trying late at night while tired, chances are you are passing out.
You may have to change the times you are trying to trance, or the way you are practicing.
Do you mind describing the entire process of your practice, and the time you are doing it? That way we'll have a better idea of what the entire prob. may be.
Cheers, CF.

magic
20th July 2007, 05:18 PM
Hi, thx for the reply CFTraveler.

Now that you mention it, I might have been in a light trance then cause
I had some hypnogogic images that I had to get rid of.

Perhaps I need focus a bit more on relaxation work cause I do them quickly.
I then try the mental falling technique, last night nothing happened so I gave up. I usually do the a few hours before my normal sleeping time.

I did eat some candy a few hours before, could that might be the cause.

I remember now that RB mentioned that you can project from a light trance, It just don´t feel like that when you are in that state.

/magic

CFTraveler
20th July 2007, 05:59 PM
magic wrote:
I had some hypnogogic images that I had to get rid of. Why did you feel that you had to get rid of them? Were they scary? Hypnagogics are great tools because they let you know you are on the verge of trance deep enough for projection, and if they are 'real' enough you can use them to get out.
When you have hypnagogics, the trick is to observe them without losing consciousness, without letting them turn into a dream. You can phase right into the vision screen and that can be an invaluable practice. If you engage your awareness with them without emotional involvement in them (fear, excitement) they can help you get into the trance state, and can even help pull you out, if you are fearless enough. (Not for everybody, I know.) So don't fight your natural tendencies, but 'go with the flow'.

magic
20th July 2007, 07:56 PM
yeah, I´ve actually got "someone" that helped pull me out before.

I guess I rly want to explore the rtz and I wan´t a real obe exit, but maybe I should try this method again, could this lead me to the rtz or is it usually astral realms?

(my last experience was like this: I was pulled out with someones hands, this wasn´t scary but I was happy to break free of the body. I found myself in a twister and then in an elevator, when I got out from it I found myself in a dark street, I thought I should try to fly up to a street light, I was almost near to be able to grab it but then I lost my flying powers and crashed into the street, I felt that the crash had somehow depleted my energy cause I awoke.
I immediatly knew when I woke up that I had obe´d and that it wasn´t a dream.)

CFTraveler
20th July 2007, 08:29 PM
The two times I was helped out I ended up in the astral, not in the RTZ, but I think that using hypnagogics is useful for practice- even if you don't end up in the RTZ you get used to getting out, and this helps you overcome fears and experiences that could be startling.
Some people say that one type of projection is easier than the other, but I have come to discover that some people have a natural propensity to do one over the other, so they're better at one type because it's more 'natural' to them, for some reason.
I've been a natural 'RTZ OBE'r most of my life, but am getting better at phasing, so just keep doing what you're doing, the better you get at whichever is more natural to you, the more control you'l achieve to do the other type.
Of course, this is my advice based on my observation and opinion.

magic
20th July 2007, 08:36 PM
thx, I think I will try to look and listen to the hypnogogic images and see where they will lead me?

/magic

CFTraveler
20th July 2007, 10:17 PM
You're welcome- I hope some of this helped.

Psychonaut1984
16th October 2008, 09:48 PM
I couldn't sleep so I tried all morning to leave my body again. I was able to actually get further in the trance with the regular trance setting, verse the energy body loosening... I noticed with the energy body loosening I got more dramatic hypnogogic images, like big black blobs, almost like a lava lamp... I don't know if that is an indication of a better quality trance or something.

This is going to sound weird but usually I can tell if I'm in a trance after the hypnogagic imagery when my physical body feels like a rubbery, sticky, empty shell. I was so close this morning I tried to roll out, I tried several techniques but I couldn't actually get out of my body. It seemed like it was just my head that was really stuck. Finally I tried to lift my head, and I got that typical lightheaded rush, I thought for sure I had actually left my body for a split second but then realized I also lifted my physical body. I tried again several times but gave up. I haven't had a full nights sleep in a few days and have been sick so maybe that had something to do with it.

Mr. Bruce says that you can achieve an AP with a light trance. For me its 100000 times easier if I am in full sleep paralysis mode, because if I try to lift out I know I am only lifting my energy body. [I love that weird rubbery velcro feeling when you seperate that way.] I rarely get sleep paralysis, and my self induced trances whether it be with or without the brainwave gen, I feel mostly paralyzed but always a few notches down from actual complete paralysis. Am I doing something wrong? How do you seperate if you aren't fully paralyzed?

Also, I notice the past two times I tried to seperate, when I pulled my astral hands out, I get a slight burning sensation wherever my astral body is stuck/peeling from to my physical body. In this case it was mostly the middle of my arms because I couldn't pull my astral hands out far enough.

CFTraveler
16th October 2008, 10:29 PM
Mr. Bruce says that you can achieve an AP with a light trance. For me its 100000 times easier if I am in full sleep paralysis mode, because if I try to lift out I know I am only lifting my energy body. You can achieve it, but very few people can right off the bat- it's 'more' possible with lots of experience, or being gifted at this, IMO. So I agree that it's much easier when you're fully deeply tranced.

Psychonaut1984
17th October 2008, 03:17 AM
The two times I was helped out I ended up in the astral, not in the RTZ...

I was very tempted to ask for help, and I started to actually but then it occured to me that I don't know who I am calling out to. Is it safe to yell for help, and if so how are you supposed to phrase it?

CFTraveler
17th October 2008, 01:33 PM
Well, I didn't articulate it as a sentence, because it was more like telepathic communication. I think I extended my hand to the figure and they grabbed and pulled. Then I flew away. I didn't stick around because one or two times I was accosted right after. But they didn't follow.
So, it's up to you if you want to take the chance, because you can get attacked this way.

Psychonaut1984
19th October 2008, 08:21 AM
Well, I didn't articulate it as a sentence, because it was more like telepathic communication. I think I extended my hand to the figure and they grabbed and pulled. Then I flew away. I didn't stick around because one or two times I was accosted right after. But they didn't follow.
So, it's up to you if you want to take the chance, because you can get attacked this way.
I don't get it... why would something help you into the astral just to give you grief, unless it intended to actually attack you? What do mean when you say they accosted you? Did they telepathically be like "hey you, now that I pulled you in why are you here? How dare you!"

CFTraveler
19th October 2008, 05:35 PM
One of them tried to sexually assault me, but I escaped. (You don't want me to explain anymore, do you?) Another one grabbed me by the wrists in a threatening manner, and I didn't stick around to find out what it wanted. I just flew away. Most of the time it's ok, they just help and I go away.
As to motivation, I don't stick around to find out. Like I've said before, this technique is not for the faint hearted.

Think about it this way- if someone is a projected double, then you can try to guess as to motivation- human motivation is pretty much easy to figure out, being human ourselves. But an interdimensional manifestation isn't always going to be predictable or even fathomable- so to figure out motivation there has to be some common ground, and I'm not about to hang out and find out.

Noctambulant
25th August 2009, 03:24 PM
Greetings,

I need some help. I've been practicing trancing for 3/4 weeks. 4 times a week 3 times a day' but it won't work. Well , it feels that way. On several occasions I had some strange moments as if my consciousness was flowing through a thick wall of waves. After that it gave me a feeling that my mind was in some void , my lips felt like they were swollen it was really weird. I have experienced this void like feeling many times in my life. And in the trance practive weeks I experienced it for 4 times or so. But the last week nothing happened.

Before trancing I do one full routine relaxation technique after that I clear my mind with breath control. Then I proceed to the mental falling technique. I think I have some problems with focus while doing the mental falling technique because when I focus on the scenerio in the elevator for example I often loose control of the falling vibrating feeling in the stomach. But even when I succeed in that I stil can't get into a trance state.

I tried doing 2 or 3 full routine relaxation techniques but it feels the same when I do one full routine so I stick to the one routine. My breath control for shutting my internal diologue is good so I don't think thats the problem.

CFTraveler
25th August 2009, 03:31 PM
Hi Noctambulant.
When you say you can't reach trance, what exactly happens? Do you feel you're still awake, or do you pass out? Do you categorize trance as MABA?

Noctambulant
26th August 2009, 11:24 AM
Well, while doing the mental falling technique my mind is clearly awake but for my body I don't know although it feels kind of strange when I'm trying to move a limb for example. And when I stand up it sort of feels like its all going slow. And because I had those 4 experiences I thought thats the state I need to get into ( void like feeling). MABA?

CFTraveler
26th August 2009, 03:15 PM
Mind Awake Body Asleep, or Deep Trance. It sounds like you're going into light trance. Have you reached the energy body loosening section of the program yet?

Noctambulant
27th August 2009, 02:07 PM
No, I stopped at week 5 because I wanted to master trance first. When I'm doing the mental falling technique I often loose my focus on the scenerio and then I get random images in my mind. Are these hypnogogics and does that means I'm in a trance state?

CFTraveler
27th August 2009, 02:11 PM
Yes. You did master the trance state. Now move on to the next stage.

Noctambulant
27th August 2009, 03:08 PM
hehe , ok thanks for the help