PDA

View Full Version : To brush or to sponge?

akashic610
23rd July 2007, 02:25 AM
I guess I can't really go with one or the other just yet since I've only been working on my feet and hands. But I find it a lot easier to stimulate my feet with sponging rather than brushing. I'll start out with brushing the underside of my feet with body awareness like all of RB's tutorials say to, and then sponge them right after. I don't get any significant sensations until I begin sponging, and it's a lot easier to feel my feet with my body awareness when I sponge. Is it ok to do just sponging or should I brush and sponge?

Also, when I do sponge my feet, rather than an actual sponge, I imagine an energy ball, like the one you create to practice with between your hands in the book Energy Work, going back and forth through my feet. I make it big enough to go through the entire foot without missing a spot. Is this okay?

Thank you for the help.

CFTraveler
23rd July 2007, 03:51 AM
Whatever works for you.
I have been doing NEW now for around 2 years in August, and I still do all of them. Sometimes brushing gives me that 'tickle' that is so special and sometimes the sponge gives me the feeling that the energy ball just doesn't, and sometimes the energy ball will go through my head 'just right'.
So there's no wrong answer to your question. Do what works, and if it gets boring, do something else. After all, the sensation is what matters.
I like to mix it up. :lol:

ButterflyWoman
23rd July 2007, 03:57 AM
that 'tickle' that is so special

Heheheh. For some reason, that just really gave me a giggle. Not sure why. :)