PDA

View Full Version : Sore Back Healed Using NEW?

Sweetie
28th July 2007, 12:23 AM
I just wanted to share something that happened since I have begun practising NEW again after a break.
I was sitting propped up on the bed doing my Day 3 MAP exercises. I had hurt my back a few weeks ago, jarred my coccyx, which hurt like hell for weeks.
So I topped off the days relaxation exercise by bouncing energy through my lower back. I was really relaxed and felt sleepy so I turned on my side and went to sleep (which I know is naughty, conditioning to sleep after exercise etc, etc).

Anyway, I only had a short nap and when I awoke I could feel energy still running through my spine, quite strongly. It felt really good and continued independantly for about 5 minutes after waking. My back felt a whole lot better that afternoon and healed pretty quickly after that. I'm now on Day 14 and havent had anything so dramatic happen since Day 3 but I think I found a blockage on my right thigh. At times during the day I get the strong sensation of heat along the front of my thigh, but it isnt warm to the touch. Theres no pain, but the warm feeling is pretty intense. I have done extra sponging here and it seems to have abated.

I'm having trouble feeling anything at all through my hands and arms, but my feet are fabulous! LOL I can get a good warm tingly buzz going in about 5 seconds and can now feel the energy movements when drawing up through the legs like a motion of water rippling upwards.

Still my motivation sucks.. I'm behind with my MAP and tend to just do some NEW or breath awareness when the mood takes me. I do some form of NEW daily though I know I should do so much more. Someone give me a motivational kick up the a*se :lol:

Korpo
28th July 2007, 07:28 AM
Hello, Sweetie.

I might get this wrong, but it seems to me you are enjoying NEW well enough. So, about the motivation: Perhaps you might want to stray from the MAP program and intensify your NEW first before continuing?

Being well versed in NEW is good for healing yourself, and a well-developed energy body is like money in the bank for the sake of projecting. And to me personally energy work is just a great thing that I love to do.

Energy work and breathing are the ingredients of energy meditation, which can also do your personal development quite a load of good, and if you enjoy them it's surely worth exploring them.

Only a thought, okay? ;) I just know I started out doing MAP and then started intensely studying energy work and meditation for over a year now. Call it acquiring a taste for sth I did not know before.

What you said about healing your back is very good to hear, indeed.

I'm in the process of realigning my lumbar spine through blockage work. I might even have one or several slipped disks, I cannot truely say. I just know that elongating and rebalancing the muscles and tendons, and restoring the energy flows surrounding the spine, and within the spine, does me a great deal of good in terms of life quality and healing.

I wish you further success,
Oliver

CFTraveler
28th July 2007, 04:54 PM
Well, last night (long story in itself, I'll tell it if you want to) I slipped and fell and hurt my back. I was in a lot of pain, but don't think I hurt myself too badly because of the way I fell (flat on my back, no bending or twisting on the way down) but as you can imagine, was in pain for a good bit of the night. Not liking or tolerating most pain killers, I took two ibuprofens last night and went to sleep. Of course, I woke up in the middle of the night in deep pain. I sat up in my recliner (my 'projecting recliner') and did energy raising for about half an hour and went to sleep, pain free. (Full-body circuit).
I don't know if it's the combination breathing with energy flow up my back, but that always works for me for pain relief.
All Hail the Full Body Circuit!

Flash_hound
28th July 2007, 05:27 PM
I had serious neck pain for like 2 years and once I started with NEW and doing spinal bounces and such that neck pain abated... Although my neck pain has returned once since then it was minor and was from over studying and craning my neck. That being said I haven't experienced neck pain for like one in a half months *knock on wood*.

Anyway, I started out wanting to do projection REALLY bad. But somehow that has turned into my adoration of energy work. Like seriously, I LOVE IT, it's very fun for me. It's almost an adventure "what sensation will I feel next?" And finding that your want to project has waned and a new want to do energy work has replaced it is perfectly normal I would think. Especially because energy work has more immediate benefits... And I don't know... I just really like doing energy work and can completely understand where you are coming from.

I highly suggest you go and get Energy Work by (our favorite energetic author) Robert Bruce. It's amazing.

Sweetie
28th July 2007, 05:44 PM
I might get this wrong, but it seems to me you are enjoying NEW well enough. So, about the motivation: Perhaps you might want to stray from the MAP program and intensify your NEW first before continuing?

Good point to make. I do enjoy doing NEW, I think its repetition and the idea of sitting and doing energy work etc when a book tells me to that I have trouble with. I get bored quickly and tend to flit from one thing to another very quickly. I believe its a typical Gemini trait and I get frustrated with myself for it LOL I will see how things pan out over the weekend then decide whether to keep up with MAP for now or not.

Energy work and breathing are the ingredients of energy meditation, which can also do your personal development quite a load of good, and if you enjoy them it's surely worth exploring them.

I have been meditating for about a year now and have realised the benefits I have gained from it. I have been 'looking inside' of myself and have begun to notice the changes in my personality, outlook on life and attitude to others. I'm a lot more self-assured and can for the first time ever say 'I love myself.. I'm not such a bad person really!'
(Just like to mention here.. thanx for the kind words in other thread Korpo and Beekeeper *Group Hug* :lol:

I'm in the process of realigning my lumbar spine through blockage work.
I wish you every success with this Oliver.

Korpo
28th July 2007, 05:53 PM
Thank you, Sweetie. :oops:

Oliver

Sweetie
28th July 2007, 05:55 PM
CFT I don't like to take pills for pain relief either. I put up with the pain for about 3 weeks before I applied NEW.. it was like a last resort thing before taking tablets. The relief was instantaneous and I've only had the odd twinge of pain since. Hmm and how was it you fell? I love long stories :D

Flash_Hound wrote : I highly suggest you go and get Energy Work by (our favorite energetic author) Robert Bruce. It's amazing

I have it and its a great book! Thats where I read about the 'energy ball' bounce technique I used on my back. I bounced energy up and down my lower spine building up speed, then imagined a smallish ball bouncing through the area from just below my navel through my body and out my back. Good stuff!

CFTraveler
28th July 2007, 06:21 PM
CFT I don't like to take pills for pain relief either. I put up with the pain for about 3 weeks before I applied NEW.. it was like a last resort thing before taking tablets. The relief was instantaneous and I've only had the odd twinge of pain since. Hmm and how was it you fell? I love long stories :D

You know I don't know how to talk in short sentences either, unless I'm grumpy.
Well, last night we were watching tv in the back room, with the door open ajar to the porch, when all of the sudden the cats ran in like they were chased by something. Then our son, who was taking a shower started yelling, about the cats. So I ran to see wtf was going on, when I went through the kitchen, there was a water-slick (tile floor) in which I slid and fell on my back (flat on my back- the impact was full flat and in the back of the head). So I lay there on the floor stunned, and then my son came out of the bathroom to say that (he could see it from the shower window) Oliver (yes, I have a cat named Oliver) fell in the pool and was swimming laps (or trying to figure out a way to get out.) By the time he called the alarm, (making me go to the front towards the bathroom, instead of the back where the pool was) the cat had already gotten out of the pool, had run in in terror and had been followed by Coco (our other cat), running then into my bedroom, leaving a water trail that I skid(ded?) on, so now the cat is wet in my room, my son is standing in his birthday suit (dripping from the shower)all over the living room, not knowing where to turn, I'm flat on my back sort of afraid to move, and my hubby was in the other side of the house looking for towels to dry the cat (and a good portion of the house) unaware that I was on the kitchen floor waiting for something to happen.
I guess you had to be there. :roll:
It was like some sort of sitcom at the time, but now my back hurts.

Korpo
28th July 2007, 06:30 PM
Oliver (yes, I have a cat named Oliver)

Disney has, too. ;)

*purr*

Oliverrrr ;)

Korpo
28th July 2007, 06:33 PM
Not to ignore the fact you were hurt as well, but I hope you have either a rope or a board at the edge of your swimming pool so my namesake won't drown because he cannot get out? Slippery pool edges are often hard to climb for animals who fall in.

Didn't you say your back was alright again, or did you only diminish the pain?

Oliver

CFTraveler
28th July 2007, 07:31 PM
I have steps on both of the edges and the edge itself is flat. My cats fall in all the time and always get out. Oliver particularly is a very strong swimmer (he can swim laps across the pool two or three times) and always gets out. Coco is the only one I worry about. She is very little and skinny (delicate) girl. I'm curious about the rope. How do you do that?

Ps. it hurts now, but not unbearably. If I can sleep at night then I don't worry about it much.

Korpo
28th July 2007, 07:36 PM
So it's mostly a bruise? If so, try Etheric Wrap on it, may reduce the swelling. It has a certain inflammation- and swelling-reducing effect.

About the rope: You would take a really thick hemp rope, and tie it to a peg next to the pool, and let it hang in. Creatures with claws like cats can make their way out that way, I read.

It seems to be a popular solution in Australia. I think I read people do this so Koala don't drown in their pools?

My sister's neighbour put a wooden plank into the pool so her cats don't drown. :)

(Sorry, I *am* a cat person)

Oliver (not the cat)

Sweetie
28th July 2007, 09:30 PM
Wow CFT! What a chain of events! I'm glad no-one was too badly hurt (cats included) It does sound like you had a nasty fall though. Using etheric wrap sounds like a good plan. I hope you are pain-free very soon.

Sweetie
20th August 2007, 12:31 PM
Just a wee thing I thought I would add...

Last night I meditated with the intention of getting into a nice deep state to work on some energy blockages (big toe on my left foot tingles and pulses whenever I meditate). I got pretty deep, deeper than I ever been I think. Went to work on my toe, thought Id finish off with a few minutes of full body bounce. Was feeling good when I noticed a pulsing/wriggling sensation in my lower spine (the area where I hurt myself previously). It was a pleasant feeling and whenever I ceased bouncing the feeling would slowly fade, but start bouncing again and there it was. This went on for abuot 5 minutes, til those darn pesky kids of mine distracted me and brought me to full wakefulness :D

Korpo
20th August 2007, 01:52 PM
Sounds like you make progress. :D

Oliver