PDA

View Full Version : Energy storage center

Xalarian
29th July 2007, 12:31 AM
Hey all, I got a little annoying problem with me not being able to locate or tell the difference between my sub-navel energy center and the major chakra that is close to it. I am drawing energy through legs and arms + energy breathing to develop my energy storage but i fear i may be drawing energy into my major chakra instead - the one that is immediatly below the navel (can't remember name).

I wonder if there is an easy way to tell the difference? When I draw energy to what i hope is my energy storage i get a feeling after my first in-breath that feels like a solid ball sitting below my navel 1 inch inside the body and it throbs (sp?) intensely to the point i have to go up and walk it off.

CFTraveler
29th July 2007, 01:17 AM
Xalarian wrote:
I wonder if there is an easy way to tell the difference? When I draw energy to what i hope is my energy storage i get a feeling after my first in-breath that feels like a solid ball sitting below my navel 1 inch inside the body and it throbs (sp?) intensely to the point i have to go up and walk it off. Well, the chakra that is below the lower storage center is the sex chakra, so if you stimulate that one instead, you'll know you did... :oops: You get the picture.

Xalarian
29th July 2007, 01:20 AM
I see :D

But i'm more concerned about the chakra directly below the navel as it is there i get sensations.

Korpo
29th July 2007, 05:24 AM
I think you refer to the navel chakra and the Lower Dantien.

This is a bit confusing to myself, as this gets portrayed differently in different energy systems.

I don't have studied Indian energy work descriptions intensely, but it seems to me Robert actually "imported" the idea of "storage centers" from Taoist energy work into the Indian concept of the major chakras. One hint to this is that one of the few bibliography references he makes in MAP is one of the books of Mantak Chia, which teaches Microcosmic Orbit Circulation which involves the Lower Tantien/Subnavel Storage.

In Chinese energy work OTOH the chakras play a lesser role and are seen as more prominent energy gates, but working and developing many energy gates is seen as a goal. The chakras seem to reside in that regard all on the Microcosmic Orbit/Small Circulation and get developed, too.

One author, Dr Yang, references a "False Lower Tantien" just below the navel, and the "Real Lower Tantien" in the body exact center of gravity, in the abdomen. The former one has chakra properties to me, and I think it is the navel chakra. It seems to have a limited storage capacity, seems to strobe if getting full, and seems to regulate the Small Circulation. If chakras intersect with the Small Circulation, and I think they do, this would make this the navel chakra for sure.

Furthermore I think there is a spillover from this "False" to the "Real Tantien". So I guess you get some storing effect even when working with the navel chakra.

But I think for practical purposes the actual meaning of Tantien is the most useful: It means "Elixir Field", and is sometimes named "Sea of Chi". These descriptions can be incredibly helpful in identifying it and telling the difference from other energy gates. Because when you get it right, and shift your awareness into the right point, this "Sea of Chi" can be felt.

Also a good way: ALL Tantiens reside on the body's exact center line (from the Crown center at the top of the head to the Base center at the pelvic bottom. This line is the Center Channel and intersects all Tantiens - Lower, Middle and Upper. The Center Channel is part of the regulation of the Tantiens, interconnects with the spine at intervals, and is according to some Taoist belief the thing together with the Lower Tantien that gets created first when you are conceived, and your whole body is built around it.

Hope *any* of this is any help. ;)

Oliver

Flash_hound
29th July 2007, 05:48 PM
@Korpo...

Wow... I feel good that I could follow that...

But I think my response is going to appear to be unintelligent compared to what you just said.
You mentioned where Robert Bruce got the idea of that energy storage center being there, and I think he got the idea from his own observations of the human energy body. It is located in a different position from the navel Chakra it's a little lower and two inches down into you while the navel center is more on the surface.

Korpo
29th July 2007, 06:04 PM
Flash_hound,

Yes, you are right.

Robert's main source for information about the energy body seems to be his own observation, and I did not want to say it's not like that. But I also know he researches literature, and he did not list the book for no reason. I don't know what idea he got from it - maybe more about the role of the storage centers, or the idea of circulating energy, that would be speculation. I think he learns in all ways possible. :D

You mentioned where Robert Bruce got the idea of that energy storage center being there, and I think he got the idea from his own observations of the human energy body. It is located in a different position from the navel Chakra it's a little lower and two inches down into you while the navel center is more on the surface.

Hehe, you don't believe how often I read that description, and it only makes sense for you skinny types and not for me. :lol: Center of gravity is way more exact, as is the center axis explanation, at least for my uses. In the end no description replaces your own intuitions and own insights into this, though. ;)

So - continue to feel good, willya? :D

Oliver

iadnon
30th July 2007, 06:52 AM
Well. I'd see them differently.

The navel chakra is one of the biggest ones in the energy system. Its center is located in the navel, and it extends more than the others (even if I don't know if it overlaps to the sex and solar ones).

Anyway, navel and lower dan tien MUST overlap. It's logical. They're so closed one to the other.

The best approach to work with them is to just think of both system as separate (even if they are not). When working with chakras picture them. When doing with dan tiens, feel them.

Korpo
30th July 2007, 08:20 AM
Anyway, navel and lower dan tien MUST overlap. It's logical. They're so closed one to the other.

I don't think they overlap in that sense, but connect through a channel. Also spatial logic is a bit off with the energy body, because until now I always thought the dimensions were right - and the brain "needs" to think that and always tries to rebalance to find that homeostasis again - reality is to me I always found more inner space. So, to me, bets about the actual overlap are off. ;) I think the brain tries to somehow get the dimensions together, wrapped into what it can understand, but that does not mean it is correct.

I have perceived the navel and Tantien structures as separate, but I know that they might grow with development, and that my perception of these phenomena is shaky, so this does not disprove you in any way. :)

The best approach to work with them is to just think of both system as separate (even if they are not). When working with chakras picture them. When doing with dan tiens, feel them.

I see no actual reason why chakras should be worked differently than Tantiens. I have excellent results for both with tactile methods.

Oliver

iadnon
30th July 2007, 08:28 AM
I meant they are used in different techniques, but the method used to stimulate them can be the same.

For example, in NEW the chakras are directly used. In MCO the lower dan tien is used.

About that 3Dness our brains need you're right, but I prefer to localize the scheme in a 3D model in my body. In fact, the chakras are multiple and there's a version for each plane (a mental navel chakra, an astral navel chakra, an etheric navel chakra...). So, as long as the etheric plane is really close to the physical one, its etheric counterparts must be 3d-located till some point.

The best thing to do it is just to feel comfortable with the tools and their conceptualization you have of them.

Aunt Clair
9th August 2007, 01:21 PM
Hey all, I got a little annoying problem with me not being able to locate or tell the difference between my sub-navel energy center and the major chakra that is close to it. I am drawing energy through legs and arms + energy breathing to develop my energy storage but i fear i may be drawing energy into my major chakra instead - the one that is immediately below the navel (can't remember name).

I wonder if there is an easy way to tell the difference? When I draw energy to what i hope is my energy storage i get a feeling after my first in-breath that feels like a solid ball sitting below my navel 1 inch inside the body and it throbs (sp?) intensely to the point i have to go up and walk it off.

Basically each of the energy storage centres on the spine occur around a pair of chakras . The human is born with at least 7 chakras and 3 stones . The violet chakra floats on the surface of the moonstone until the heavens stone is manifested and then it becomes nestled within that newly lit energy centre.

Stage 1

violet
indigo
----------moonstone @ head
blue
..I..
green
----------sunstone @ chest
yellow
..I..
orange
----------earthstone @ hips
red
But on a child ,these seem like lollipops upon a stick with space between the centres looking something like this;
http://members.iinet.net.au/~curran/energy%20body/13%20golden%20mantle.jpg
with the biggest gap at the neck and the second biggest gap below the navel.That second gap is not evident here in the lotus pose .In fact ithe lotus pose closes it . However on an energy active person the stones become stacked without spaces in between like this :
http://members.iinet.net.au/~curran/energy%20body/10%20a%20tan%20tiens%20chakras.jpg
Therefore the size and relative position of the
stones/tan tiens/dan tiens/energy storage centres is subject to the proportion of that human's frame and the development of the human energy body attained thus far .

Between each pair of stones blooms another like blossoms on a tree ;

Stage 2
http://members.iinet.net.au/~curran/energy%20body/137%20g.jpg
And between each pair of chakras a new one will bud forth eventually . This begins when energy passes both toes to crown and crown to toes . When all the gates are open and a wave of energy rolls up or down the spine at will this growth occurs ;
Stage 3
..................................white
...................................silver
---------------------------lavender
--------------------------------------heaven stone @ crown
purple univ.mind stoneviolet-------------------------------
................................indigo
--------------------------periwinkle--moonstone @ head
...............................blue
aqua stone --------------aqua
..............................green
-------------------------chartreuse--yellow higher self sunstone @ chest
..............................yellow
amber lower self stone-amber
..............................orange
--------------------------salmon------earthstone @ hips
-------------------------red
rose stone-------------------------------------------------
----------------------------rose
...................................gold
...................................black

Human energy body development of the chakras causes a doubled rainbow bridge similar to the previously doubled stones ;
http://members.iinet.net.au/~curran/energy%20body/137%20h%20%20chakras%20doubling.jpg
except that the original chakras are larger than grapefruits and the newly imbibed chakras are mandarin to tennis ball in size .

The energy body continues to develop in a predictable continum. Between each pair of original chakras a smaller one manifested . So too , a stone came between each pair of stones.

Then 4 columns of stones float thru and around the spinal chakral column . When the stones begin this spiral rotation it resembles the double helix of DNA.This image demonstrates relative positions .

The gap in the centre is at the mirror on floor . The energy centres above the mirror are light and the ones bemeath their reflection are as shadow . A single chakral bridge is illustrated here but the colour of the shadowed chakras beneath the mirror are not known to me . And it remains difficult to draw a flat umage of a 3d structure which s dynamic rather than stable .

So this last image is an approximation only ;.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~curran/energy%20body/156%20a.jpg

Flash_hound
9th August 2007, 03:28 PM
I think that intention is the key here. We have to intend for it to go to storage and the energy will move to storage because that is where you told it to go... :wink: "Good energy, heres a cracker". Make sure to thank your energy for helping you out too. :D