PDA

View Full Version : Do the astral planes include fictional realms?

LadyBow8
30th July 2007, 04:24 AM
I've only recently gotten interested in astral travel.

I know a friend who has been doing it for the past 3 years or so, and she claims that she is able to meet with a fictional character. The idea seemed really intriguing and weird, and I just wondered if it was at all possible. I read that how you percieve the astral world is dictated by the individual mind of the person doing the projecting. And I guess...if you're thinking about something then it can happen? I'm just totally curious about this. I think it would be great to see people or places I would have never been able to in the real world.

Chris
30th July 2007, 06:04 AM
As most fictional realms (from books, films, stories etc) have a lot of minds focusing on them - usually with a lot of emotional energy too - fictional realms could easily exist in the astral.
J.H.Brennan recounts a danger of the astral using an example of such fictional realms - that is the astral can be a lot more exciting than waking life, and so thoughts of it start occupying the mind to the detriment of waking reality - so accidents can happen through lack of awareness when going about day-to-day activities. Although tbh, how difficult it can be to project, I doubt very many people will have this issue as a true problem :). Anyway, Brennan talked about someone who put so much energy into such a fictional realm, that it gained self-momentum, like an increasingly strong thought form. He went to a psychiatrist to help him over the issues this was causing, and due to the energy behind the fictional realm, the physiatrist started to get increasingly occupied with it too.
Although the above is slightly OT, it’s still an interesting story :grin:.

wstein
31st July 2007, 12:45 AM
From a purist standpoint I'd say not. However, it is very possible to create thought forms (projections) on the astral and so a being would be able to place a fictional character in the astral (see separate discussion about making things permanent).

That being said, the very same techniques used for travel to the Astral and RTZ can take one to many types of places (planes) including wholly fabricated places. Creating one would require a fair amount of effort from many beings, but is quite doable.