PDA

View Full Version : Kundalini Books

Flash_hound
31st July 2007, 08:03 PM
Anyone have any suggestions for a good book on raising your Kundalini? I would be very appreciative :-).

Rhone
1st August 2007, 02:58 AM
I would also like to hear suggestions for good Kundalini books.

Unfortunately, the only (supposed) Kundalini book I've read isn't one I would consider "good". Kundalini & The Chakras: Evolution in This Lifetime. It's full of new age fluff and light, generic energy visualizations. I was thoroughly disappointed by it.

Chris_com28
21st August 2007, 04:37 PM
I have a really good book that explains the chakras and kundalini quite well. It's called Theories of the Chakras. I've read quite a bit about chakras in books and the Internet and this but is the best source of infromation I've found so far.
As far as kundalini awakening goes it's also fairly good. It describes his own personal experiences of awakening, which is vital if you're going to write a book about how to awaken it. He also provides the reader with a lot of pranayama exercises. He describes excercises for the whole of the energy body, like stretching arms, legs, hands and feet. He also tells of the bandhas required for stimulation the Mulahudra for kundalini awakening.
Basically a very abreviated version of his guide is stretch the limbs, do spinal stretches (for the sushumna) Mula bandha, pranayama & visualisation. Unless someone else makes a recomendation I would go with this book.
It also goes into the old texts refering to chakra theory and tries to coroborate it with Traditional Chinese Medicine. Well worth buying in my opinion.

Rhone
21st August 2007, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, Chris. I'm intrigued by your description and the few reviews of it on amazon.com. I'll likely take a look at it when I get a chance.

jtowson
21st August 2007, 11:14 PM
Robert Bruce is apparently working on a book on kundalini as well. I don't know when it's supposed to be out, but when it does, I'm definitely buying it!

boris
22nd August 2007, 03:50 PM
yeah im going to wait for Robert's work on kundalini, his methods cant be beat.

Chris_com28
24th August 2007, 09:22 PM
Your welcome, Rhone. I also found a book called Living With Kundalini. I haven't fully checked it out yet but it sounds as good as Theories of the Chakras.