PDA

View Full Version : OBE by rocking...or Lucid Dream? Who cares it was FUN!

mandy71480
5th August 2007, 09:17 PM
Thanks journeyman161 for encouraging me to post my story over here as well!

Using a method I found on these boards, I believe I was able to have my first conscious/willed projection this morning. I am still a bit confused about it all, however, so I will be perusing the boards today looking for answers to some of my questions so hopefully I can better understand and respect what it happening. I tend to "fill in the gaps" when I think about something like a dream sequence too long, so I'd like to write out what happened to me this morning before I muddy it up with my imagination.

I woke up around 7 am with the intents of setting my alarm for 20 minutes from then. I started repeating in my mind while focusing on the swirling colors behind my eyes "When my body falls asleep, I will separate from my body. " After a few minutes I started to drift away from my focus and I'd have to fight to get it back, but then I realized the drifting away was me falling asleep and it was a good thing, so I just quit fighting it.

Always when I am falling asleep, I feel rocking at my feet. This happens whether I am consciously tryng to project or not. I never considered it to possibly be part of the "process" til I read about rocking being one of the sensations you might feel when you're ready to project. I started to feel the rocking again and I was in a dream sequence (or so it seemed.) I was on my bed with another person, an unknown man, and I knew I was dreaming (Lucidity, I suppose) and I started rocking my "body" back and forth in my dream til all of a sudden I was sliding off the bed and I stood up on my feet. I said to myself "this is it, I am projecting!" I walked around the bed to where my body should be lying and I looked at it, but I was scared to. Instead of seeing myself, I saw a baby lying next to me. It creeped me out but I knew if I got scared I would get pulled back to I just kept walking forward. I told myself I wanted to go see Josh, my "estranged" husband in the den, which in my parents house where I am is now a dining room (but it used to be a den a long time ago) and Josh doesn't even live here. But I kinda floated down the hall and sure enough there was Josh sitting on a couch where a couch used to be in the den. I wondered if he could see me so I looked at him and called his name, he looked back at me and I smirked because I wanted to show him I could float and I could project (he teased me for believing in it) and I started floating up to show him. Right at that time the alarm went off (as planned) and I woke up happy as a kid in a candy store. It was SO much fun!

Now, since I am an astral noob, I have no idea what any of this means. Which is why I need to read read read today!! I can live with the fact that it may have just been a Lucid dream, because I still got to float on my own (my most favorite thing to do when dreaming) AND I got to remember it! Plus I feel one step closer to a real projection (if that wasn't it) since I was able to make it through this first experience with little to no fear.

Thanks for allowing me to share my experience. I hope to have many more willed OBE's!

CFTraveler
5th August 2007, 09:33 PM
Hi Mandy. If your avatar looks like you, you look like an old friend of mine did years ago.
You obe'd, probably went into some reality fluctuations and probably interacted with the projected double of your 'estranged' hubby.

Beekeeper
6th August 2007, 11:14 AM
Nice work, Mandy! I wish you many more. :D

mandy71480
6th August 2007, 11:38 AM
Thanks all! Yes, that is a picture of me! :)

I tried this technique again last night and this time I heard the wooshing for the first time and let me tell you- it scared the bejeezes out of me!! I got so startled awake I could feal my heart pounding in my chest. But now that I know what it sounds like I can better cope with it in the future. Strangely it was a familiar sound, like sometime, somewhere, somehow I had heard it before.

Korpo
6th August 2007, 11:42 AM
I tried this technique again last night and this time I heard the wooshing for the first time and let me tell you- it scared the bejeezes out of me!! I got so startled awake I could feal my heart pounding in my chest. But now that I know what it sounds like I can better cope with it in the future. Strangely it was a familiar sound, like sometime, somewhere, somehow I had heard it before.

Actually that sounds like the vibrational state (it can be quite "noisy") and the heart center accelerating. These are normal phenomena accompanying OBE.

Have a look here under Heart, Sensations and Vibrations: http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=8159

Further good success,
Oliver

Beekeeper
7th August 2007, 03:44 AM
As you recall more of your explorations don't be surprised if other happenings are familiar even though you think you're experiencing them for the first time.