PDA

View Full Version : Small Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder

SaiyanPrince
6th August 2007, 09:16 AM
I have been trying to just avoid it when I figured out I had it but it does not seem to go away no matter what I do. Its not serious but I need to get rid of it because it affecting my training too much.

Here is the cause. Last year I was playing video game in my older brothers room almost every weekday and before I left his room I had to check so that his things would be in its original positions so that my brother would not find out I was in his room. I feared that if I didn't change the volume, channel and stuff like that I would get in trouble. So I did this for months and eventually the obsessive-compulsive disorder got stronger and now I have re-curring thoughts about the past like what happened that day? or What time was it when I did this? stuff like that.

I'm going to try to just avoid the thoughts now, but I need your advice on what I should do? please...

ButterflyWoman
6th August 2007, 10:35 AM
OCD generally responds well to anti-depressant medications, as it's a similar chemical issue (serotonin being imbalanced).

That's the standard medical answer.

I'll leave it to others to offer a spiritual and/or energetic kind of answer, because others here will know far more than I do about the metaphysical side of these things.

Beekeeper
6th August 2007, 10:57 AM
Tell your brother what you did and see if alleviating the guilt leads?

SaiyanPrince
6th August 2007, 11:34 AM
OCD generally responds well to anti-depressant medications, as it's a similar chemical issue (serotonin being imbalanced).

That's the standard medical answer.

I'll leave it to others to offer a spiritual and/or energetic kind of answer, because others here will know far more than I do about the metaphysical side of these things.

Hey thanks! thats good information.

SaiyanPrince
6th August 2007, 12:02 PM
Tell your brother what you did and see if alleviating the guilt leads?

Haha, na, that stuff is done with, I never had any guilt about that. The trouble happened after all that was done with, at first it was just months of repeated compulsions(actions), I was not obsessive(unwanted thoughts) at that time, it was just a routine. Then my uncle came over my house when I had very low energy one day and started talking serious stuff to me about work, freinds, etc. After he left I started forgeting what he said so obsessive thoughts started forming and I like just sat in one spot everyday trying to remember every single thing he said and thats when the disorder really started, it led to other obsessive thought for months.

The thing is I only have obsessive thoughts when I have low energy, which is rare, but its still annoying and I want to get rid of it completely because it gets in my way, you guys understand what I mean?

Korpo
6th August 2007, 12:06 PM
SaiyanPrince,

perhaps you want to see a doctor about this and tell him about it? A doctor might know best what kind of therapy might be advisable.

OCD in its more serious forms can be a big handicap in life, so it would be wise to act early to avoid any risks.

Take good care,
Oliver

SaiyanPrince
7th August 2007, 12:24 PM
For some reason ever since the day I posted this topic, my OCD has went away, I think its the reason why I decided to actually seek help when I needed it less. I know it's contradicting my topic but I don't seem to have any signs of OCD right now, it might come back later though and if it does, I will fight it...

Anyways, thanks for the help everyone :D

Korpo
7th August 2007, 12:27 PM
BTW, the best way to "fight" might to be relax. Try to learn that.

Be well, SaiyanPrince. :D

Oliver