PDA

View Full Version : How can you feel for the base chakra?

alwayson4
7th August 2007, 06:47 AM
How can you feel for the base chakra?

Korpo
7th August 2007, 07:37 AM
Let your awareness wander in the center of your pelvis. Clearing out blockages there can help "getting a better view". I stumbled upon a spot that felt not uncomfortable, but hot and energetic when my awareness entered it and I think that was it. This usually indicates a major energetic spot for me, as I found navel chakra and Lower Dantien in a similar way.

Oliver

alwayson4
17th August 2007, 02:36 AM
yes this is exactly what I was looking for, however, I thought RB says that the base chakra is in the perineum.

CFTraveler
17th August 2007, 03:07 AM
It is. He was describing how he found his navel chakra and the lower tan tien. Another way is physically touching the perineum and then meditating on the area and then seeing what you feel.

Tigerzen
21st August 2007, 07:14 AM
When in doubt on a chakra location with myself, especially when it is one that doesn't seem to have much activity, I have found that as long as I am in the general area the energy work is still useful. The base chakra is one I have been giving more attention to lately especially since Robert Bruce says it's important to the OBE process and the functioning of the other centers.

I thought this was interesting... I noticed that the base chakra is often referred to as the "gate of life and death". If you consider the perineum to be the correct location then one could argue that this is so because the anus is related to death and the genitals are related to life. The perineum is a part of a muscle group that has some influence over both these areas of the body.

Regards,
Tigerzen

Korpo
21st August 2007, 08:45 AM
I heard the same terms more often related to the kidney gates, since they regulate the conversion of kidney-stored pre-birth Jing into pre-birth Qi. According to TCM this process is the conversion of your life essence innate to you, which gets mixed with the Qi (post-birth) you take in through air and food and allows your body to grow, live and prosper.

I know that some schools of energy work employ techniques that work the anal muscles, and the 8 orifices of the body play a role in energy work, too, in some schools. However, I cannot remember the after being referred to as "gate of death".

Oliver

Tigerzen
24th August 2007, 02:30 AM
However, I cannot remember the after being referred to as "gate of death". Neither can I. Though the anus does relate to the process of excreting waste and dead matter from the body, I have not seen it called the "gate of death" either.

I'm not too familiar with TCM although I have heard that the kidneys apparently store the prenatal Chi. I have seen them called the "Door of Life" in one of my books by Mantak Chia. Gate and door are pretty much the same imo.

I just read recently that there are secondary centers near the primary base center. Anyone know how someone could feel the difference between a secondary center and a primary center so we know we have the right location?

I imagine it's a not a big issue if we are off by an inch or two anyhow. One of my teacher's said as long as you're in the general area you'll still benefit from the practice.

Regards,
Tigerzen

ButterflyWoman
24th August 2007, 03:58 AM
Another way is physically touching the perineum and then meditating on the area and then seeing what you feel.

There are also a number of muscles in that area that can be tensed and relaxed at will (Kegel exercises). A quick tense will give you a very good idea "where to look", as it were. ;)