PDA

View Full Version : fastest easiest meditation for improving energy/frequency...

astral_neophyte
10th August 2007, 02:45 AM
...of projections....?

I know some people that do Pranayama breathing and other's that simply meditate quietly (Zen style).

Just wondering if anyone has basic meditation THEY do that they find helps this have better focus, duration or just better experiences overall in their projection...

...I've had a severe slump the last few months and I'm doing the steps in Robert's book as well, but meditation can't hurt too..I think I would take to that even better then the energy work....

Thanks for any help.

- Brett

astral_neophyte
12th August 2007, 09:31 PM
I take it nobody does meditation here for this express purpose?

If so, please enlighten! I'm thinking about taking some local yoga classes for example...I'd like to be able to know what to ask about if I do, what to try to find otherwise, etc....

Korpo
12th August 2007, 09:38 PM
I don't know, astral_neophyte, it is possibly just hard to answer your question.

Many Eastern schools of meditation did not worry about OBE until after enlightenment. It surely comes a bit late in Taoism - where you attain the body of individuality, or spirit body, enlightenment and break the cycle of incarnation in one go. Then you have matured into the spirit world. At the same time you should be able to OBE in excessive amounts, but usually manuals don't go into that.

Meditation is for finding inner peace, not necessarily about boosting OBE capacity. But by undoing your inner conflicts and settling your mind it does wonders for your energy body in the long run, and should help a lot with OBEing.

This is a bit of a puzzler for me, though, because I meditate with energy and body awareness as focus, so this comes naturally as a benefit. I cannot say anything about meditators with other meditation objects like mantras.

Oliver

Tom
12th August 2007, 09:40 PM
Alternate nostril breathing works best for me, and with the 1:4:2 ratio. At the moment I'm stuck using the multiple 2:8:4, as I haven't used it for over 2 years. It just seems like I haven't had the energy to meditate or even just to get my work done at work. To count out your inhalations and holding your breath and exhalation, you can count to yourself "1 Om 2 Om 3 Om 4 Om ..." to get the additional benefit of repeating the mantra "Om" whie you count out your seconds. Inhale through one nostril, hold, exhale through the other nostril, inhale through the second nostril, hold, and exhale through the nostril you started with and you have a complete round. You would traditionally use your thumb and ring finger on the same hand to block the nostrils. 10 rounds per day is a good start, but I'm doing it for 10 to 15 minutes and I have to take a break 3 to 4 times during that time to breathe normally for a bit. This helps me to have enough energy to get through my work day and it helps me to get my meditation to work.

Three_Nails
13th August 2007, 06:12 AM
My meditation is a series of things. First, I focus on my breathing. I'll imagine all of my inhalations carrying a vivid rainbow of positive energy and all of my exhalations expelling a dark, grey matter... After I do that, I imagine all of the tension in my legs as a blue energy and as I exhale, I imagine that tension floating away. It is about this time in my relaxtation that I'll find I imagine myself in my "Happy place" the place I feel most relaxed (Which I find helps greatly in my road to trance). After I do that for a good while, I'll Imagine myself slowly falling down a well, away from the light (to bring down my brain frequency and further help me enter trance). its not scary, I just imagine myself floating away from light... After I do that, I go back into breathing and relaxation techniques... By now I'm in a trance. I haven't gotten farther than this. I've actually snored I've been so relaxed and in such a state.

Try the whole visualization of energy thing. It really works for me. "IN with the good... OUT with the bad"

astral_neophyte
14th August 2007, 03:37 AM
excellent replies everyone! I'm going to give all of this a shot, I really just need to get some material to meditate comfortably...a mat or bench or something...the place where I have to meditate in my current apt (my room) isn't too comfortable and I don't want to get in the habit of using my bed for this....

Any suggestions for this are welcome too, or more basic techniques...I really just want to accomplish getting into trance....closest I've ever gotten was upon waking up in the morning and hearing myself snore.....but it was brief (I ended up going OBE, so I can't complain) I just want to be able to do this starting out fully awake....

(I always fall asleep, lol)

Three_Nails
15th August 2007, 06:45 AM
Honestly, I always lay down in a comfortable place because that is what is available to me.... One occasion though, in the morning, I used a recliner and reclined about halfway... Sitting up made me more comfortable and it supported my back and arms more naturally, thus making light trance enterance easier for me...

Who knows? Give it a try...

Also! I have a friend who meditates sitting comfortably in indian style atop a blanket... He dims the lights around him (Sometimes lights incense... To each his own, if it helps him relax, it helps him relax, right?), and then, to keep himself from falling asleep places his elbows on his thieghs and holds his hands in front of him as if he where holding two balls of energy. He imagines all of the energy in his body going toward these balls and focuses on them and them only... That mixed with breathing excercises has put him into trance while sitting up. He cant fall asleep because his hands fall and wake him up. Look up stuff on how to get to the "Hypogonic State"

Pneumaphor
24th September 2007, 06:30 PM
astral-neophyte,

There is a technique I know that can save you a lot of time and effort meditating. As you begin your meditation, turn your eyeballs upwards to their limit, straining the muscles used to do so. Hold them there, straining for 17 seconds. This causes an automatic shift down in brainwave frequency. I do this for most meditations as it is VERY effective and harmless.

Korpo
24th September 2007, 07:15 PM
Pneumaphor,

something similar is recommended by Robert. He calls it the "Brow Center Trigger".

Are you really sure about the straining?

Oliver

Mishell
24th September 2007, 07:25 PM
Pneumaphor,

something similar is recommended by Robert. He calls it the "Brow Center Trigger".

Oliver

Straining, yes. This is an actual techinque with a name (that I do not remember. It is an abreviation, if that triggers someone else's memory.). I heard about it on a Coast to Coast show. It is used for people to contact the deceased.

Pneumaphor
1st October 2007, 05:17 PM
Pneumaphor,

Oliver

Yes, the straining is at least 50% of the method, it is essential. I don't know if I have ever contacted the dead with this but I have used it enough to know that it works wonders. It can be used right before a speech or important task to clear the mind as well. It can be used as a replacement for the "count to ten" self defusing that is so popular. I have pondered that the phenomenon of rolling one's eyes, that I do not remember ever having indulged in, thinking it characteristic of women (I'm a male), may actually be an instinctual self-preservative response to superficial stress. If so, this link needs to be highlighted in some of the modern gesture studies as it may assist many in not only understanding themselves more, but also reducing the epidemic of stress related disease which seems so pertinent an issue today.

Mishell, thank you for helping to clarify this, I have been too busy to get to the computer for a week. I've missed it too. I do not remember where I read this but I know that I got it from one of the many books I have. I will try to locate the book that I got this method from and post the title but no promises since it's been years since I learned this method.

Heh, on a light note, my nephew was asking for help learning to meditate last week and I told him to do this method for 17 seconds. He went into light trance and told me that he felt "drunk." I would have burst out laughing if I wasn't so intent on impressing the importance of meditation on him. It was truly funny to watch such a high strung, usually restless 17 year old take on the momentary appearance of a practiced yogi! :lol:

I'll refresh myself on the "Brow Center Trigger" and get back soon.

CFTraveler
1st October 2007, 07:15 PM
:roll:
I don't do it because it gives me headaches.
I do roll my eyes a lot, but not because of third eye trigger reasons. :lol: