PDA

View Full Version : Energy Grounding Practices- question

CFTraveler
11th August 2007, 07:05 PM
It's hard for me to explain, but lately I've been stuck in a position in which I have to stand in a specific spot for a long period of time (or so it seems to me) and I've been frustrated at the time. So what I've done to pass the time and to calm down is to ground my negative energy (anger) and I've done it (instinctively) by visualizing cleaning light (or cooling water, depending on what's going on) going in through my crown, through my body and out the back of the heels into the ground. This is very effective for me, but I'm afraid I'm turning a part of the house into a 'negative energy dumping ground', I'm afraid I may be impressing the area with a pissed-of version of myself, and can see where this can be a problem in the future.
Anybody got any knowledge or ideas on how to overcome this?

Mishell
11th August 2007, 07:48 PM
I do something similar to ground myself and release negative energy. I send the energy into the earth but it makes me feel guilty. Poor Earth Mother, you know what I mean? :? So I don’t know how to answer this question because it is my question too. :roll:

nikaem
11th August 2007, 08:12 PM
Using the plank technique around your whole house could maybe help.

CFTraveler
11th August 2007, 08:16 PM
I do the plank technique occasionally, but I never thought of it extending past the ground. But it is an idea to do it when I'm in the situation.

Korpo
11th August 2007, 08:18 PM
I think you two worry too much. [EDIT: I mean CF and Mishell]

I do that kind of thing every day, and it is good way of getting rid of stuff, and releasing stuff inside. It's a very important component of my energy work.

It also seems to be part of the nourishing nature of Earth. Compare it to telling your own mom your sorrows as a child. Mom understands. :D

Worry about something else - what happens when it stays inside you? :shock:

Also I would not worry about the spot. Perhaps you can visualise it, if you are still worried that is, of sending that energy straight down to the Earth core. Surely that will leave the spot clean. ;)

The important thing is letting go of that anger and that energy associated with it. (And I'm not too good at that either) What's the alternative? The anger could stagnate within you, block, and then manifest again and again in similar situations, making you go automatic, making you put anger into the world without any better reason that you did not let go of your anger than some kine of metaphysical worry... How does that sound? :lol:

As long as you're not switching to a more advanced mode of meditation you have practically no choice or alternative to a practice like that you described. In the advanced levels of my meditation school the energy gets imploded into nothingness, becoming devoid of content and resolves fully. But somehow you have to get there, and this releasing stuff downward is an important part of getting there.

Rant, rant, rant, yadda, yadda, yadda. :roll:

:lol:

Oliver

CFTraveler
11th August 2007, 08:59 PM
Korpo wrote:
I think you two worry too much. [EDIT: I mean CF and Mishell]
What? Me, Worry?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/13/Neumanbw.gif

Flash_hound
11th August 2007, 09:36 PM
As korpo said if you direct the energy down into the earth's core it is recycled and put back into the world as positive energy. :)

cheya
12th August 2007, 08:41 PM
When I was in Peru, they taught us that Pachumama, who we might call Mother Earth, actually FEEDS on negative energy! That means she needs it to survive and thrive! That's kind of hard to grok at first, but when you think of it as compost, that is how the world seems to work best, each system feeding off the ah... awful offal... ( :-) of the previous user of the energy. Hard to think of our negativity as a gift to her, the food she craves, that she turns into beautiful energy for us to use again.
But when you get used to the idea, it really improves the chi flow all around. What we call negative energy is a wonderful gift to her!

journyman161
12th August 2007, 08:55 PM
Think of it as a flow - She sends out positive building energy, we use it & return it for recycling. Similar to the blood in our veins - leaves the heart as clean, oxy-charged life giving blood & returns all dirtied for cleansing & renewal.

Korpo
12th August 2007, 09:29 PM
cheya, that's quite interesting.

Whether we send energy down to Earth or into our own Tantiens, I believe both has a transformative function. I think the energy loses that quality, either through the transformative and regenerative powers of Earth, or through development of the Tantien, who I think of not only as storage, but also a transformator of energy (amongst other things).

CF,

coming to think about it - the spot you do the grounding in, how is that? Is it light, exposed to sunlight? In that case I would not worry about negativity at all, at least IMO that should "clean up the leftovers". :)

Oliver

ButterflyWoman
12th August 2007, 11:34 PM
When I was in Peru, they taught us that Pachumama, who we might call Mother Earth, actually FEEDS on negative energy! That means she needs it to survive and thrive!

Interesting. I also am reminded of the way that plants take what we breathe out as waste (carbon dioxide, particularly) and use it to thrive, and then produce oxygen. It's very symbiotic.

Perhaps the earth generates a great deal of positive energy and needs the negative in the same way? Remember, "negative" isn't necessarily "bad". In electrical terms, it's just the opposite of positive. We humans need as much positive energy as we can get, but that may not be the case for everything in the universe. ;)