PDA

View Full Version : mantras for chakra activation

sono
14th August 2007, 08:25 AM
I wonder whether what I do just before I start meditating could be of any interest to anyone - maybe an Adept would be so kind as to comment as to its true usefulness or otherwise?

I sit in half lotus, using ujjayi beathing for a few minutes; then with astral awareness hands, not physically, form the traditional mudras for opening the chakras - I do this in line with the chakras. . . . & visualize the colour of the chakra at the same time, and mentally repeat the traditional Hindu mantra associated with each chakra, starting at the base of the spine & ascending( lam, vam, ram, yam ham, om & hree). Lately I have found myself in very deep trance when I go to meditation proper. When coming out of meditation, I have found snapping the fingers (as advised by Clairvison school) helps to bring me back.

I'd really appreciate a clairvoyant's opinion on all this ( maybe Aunt Claire?) - does the prior "build-up" practise actually have any effect on the astral body? Or is it always different for different poeple?

Thanks very much!

Namaste

asalantu
15th August 2007, 09:58 PM
Hi sono...
¿Can you provide reliable websites URLs in order to download .mp3 files containing mantra vocalizations..?
Thank you very much.
Sincerely
Ángel

sono
16th August 2007, 04:39 AM
I'm really sorry, Angel - I don't know of any sites that provide these mp3s, I learnt the mantras from a yoga teacher years ago. . . . .but the sounds are pronounced with a nasal final consonant, if that helps at all.

Con abrazos

asalantu
16th August 2007, 05:24 AM
. . . . .but the sounds are pronounced with a nasal final consonant

Con abrazos

Hi sono...

I've a theory about nasality of sounds and their effects on human psychic capabilities.

May be is only a fortunate coincidence but since air is prana charged and through N.E.W. procedures is possible to stimulate secondary energy ports at both left and right nasal cavities, then there are at least the possibility that alternating nostrils, Ida and Pingala channels (remember, Ida and Pingala are twin channels to right and left of Sushumna channel) leads to reliable chakra activation.

Now, sono, ¿your studies has some to do with this approach..? ¿Your studies at some level include nostril switching..? May be, nasality of sounds has some to do with Robert Bruce's Tactil Imagination approach, at least when practitioner is at beginner stage.

Moreover, when practitioner is familiarized with nasal sensations (quasi-tactil introductory help in order to adequate rehearsal of them) then nasality is put away and tactil imagination comes to first level (N.E.W. direct application).

Sincerely,
Ángel

sono
16th August 2007, 06:54 AM
I don't know for sure what effect nasality would have on psychic ability, but what you say does make sense. I do alternate nostril breathing when I do Yoga in the mornings, but I again, I can't say whether or not it opens psychic abilities; I am not very psychic myself. Perhaps an advanced person like CFTraveller or Aunt Clair would be willing to help you on that? Personally, the most effective means I have found so far is NEW.

But some years back when I was studying music (I used to be a singer) the excercises to place the voice entailed humming & nasal sounds meant to place the voice in the mask of the face, & at that time I did have many "psychic" experiences, including a precognitive dream (the only one I've ever had, but it was very intense & really upset me because even though I took precautions to prevent its coming true, it still happened)

CFTraveler
16th August 2007, 02:55 PM
sono wrote:
advanced person like CFTraveller Thanks for that sweetie but I'm just a babe in the woods.

But some years back when I was studying music (I used to be a singer) the excercises to place the voice entailed humming & nasal sounds meant to place the voice in the mask of the face, & at that time I did have many "psychic" experiences, including a precognitive dream (the only one I've ever had, but it was very intense & really upset me because even though I took precautions to prevent its coming true, it still happened) I think you just answered your question. Or his question. Or statement. (Haven't had my second cup yet.)

asalantu
16th August 2007, 06:59 PM
But some years back when I was studying music (I used to be a singer) the excercises to place the voice entailed humming & nasal sounds meant to place the voice in the mask of the face, & at that time I did have many "psychic" experiences, including a precognitive dream (the only one I've ever had, but it was very intense & really upset me because even though I took precautions to prevent its coming true, it still happened)

Hi sono...

About repetition of mantras (is thought from mine) has much to do with meditation since previously to vocalization there are a drive thought. Then once and again (and again... and again...) a drive thought is exerciced. Repetition isn't possible without focus. And reliable effect requires, too, to clear mind from any strange thought (and that's meditation mechanics... isn't it..?). Then from a student viewpoint we could conclude that meditation is reliable way in order to master vocalization.

Furthermore, above nasal cavities there are a brain structure called amygdala. Since amygdala are near brow chakra and subbrow storage center, then, is feasible to support hypothesis related to triggering of your precognitive dreams through suitable stimuli (unkowingly or not) derived from vocalization exercises.

For more info about amygdala subject, look at http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=294

My best regards,
Ángel

sono
17th August 2007, 04:42 AM
Thanks for the redirecting to the amygdala posts - I have read about this before (always a bit thrown because I think someone has mispelled the spanish for tonsils!! :lol: )

I am slightly concerned with mantra usage, that one might begin to do the repetitions mechanically, so although I do use mantras I change them every few weeks. Am sure that different sound waves impact on the physical brain structures as much as on the etheric ones.. . ?

asalantu
17th August 2007, 06:53 AM
Hi sono...
Several comments in colour red are included at your reply.

Thanks for the redirecting to the amygdala posts - I have read about this before (always a bit thrown because I think someone has mispelled the spanish for tonsils!! :lol: )

I am slightly concerned with mantra usage, that one might begin to do the repetitions mechanically

Comment: Is my thought the secret of mantra effectiveness is to put all our attention in them, despite the temptation of to become them in mechanical acts. No only are sounds, an specific style of thought must to precede them. Exercising in order to gather sensation of air flux at nasal cavities, in pursuit of the effect of to reinforce stimulation mechanism of ganglia through its energetic counterpart (as with tactil rehearsing) is a target of merit.

, so although I do use mantras I change them every few weeks. Am sure that different sound waves impact on the physical brain structures as much as on the etheric ones.. . ?

Comment: From a physical viewpoint sound waves carry energy with them. Together waves an air flux must to be considered. And, of course, air has energy (ki, prana).

sono
17th August 2007, 08:38 AM
Would you mind sharing your meditation techniques, Asalantu? You seem to have some interesting ideas/experiences/insights?

Namaste

CFTraveler
17th August 2007, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the redirecting to the amygdala posts - I have read about this before (always a bit thrown because I think someone has mispelled the spanish for tonsils!! :lol: ) I had the same thought when I first read about them. I have always wondered what the name for amygdala is in spanish, since it's already taken for tonsil (amigdala).

I am slightly concerned with mantra usage, that one might begin to do the repetitions mechanically, so although I do use mantras I change them every few weeks. Am sure that different sound waves impact on the physical brain structures as much as on the etheric ones.. . ? Frankly, when I first did mantras I had no idea that they were for a specific meaning or usage- we were taught (so many years ago) that the reason for a mantra was to use to empty the mind, so that any word would do as long as it wouldn't trigger an association. So I guess if you're trying to evoke a certain feeling via vibration, doing them 'automatically' probably won't make any difference. So, http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/fragend/confused-smiley-013.gif

asalantu
17th August 2007, 06:53 PM
Hi CFTraveler...
Look at my comments, please...

Thanks for the redirecting to the amygdala posts - I have read about this before (always a bit thrown because I think someone has mispelled the spanish for tonsils!! :lol: ) I had the same thought when I first read about them. I have always wondered what the name for amygdala is in spanish, since it's already taken for tonsil (amigdala).

Comment: Word "amigdala" (or "amygdala") designates all structure of human body whose geometrical shape is similar to an almond. There are two amigdalas near throat as there are two amigdalas above nasal cavities inside brain structure.

I am slightly concerned with mantra usage, that one might begin to do the repetitions mechanically, so although I do use mantras I change them every few weeks. Am sure that different sound waves impact on the physical brain structures as much as on the etheric ones.. . ? Frankly, when I first did mantras I had no idea that they were for a specific meaning or usage- we were taught (so many years ago) that the reason for a mantra was to use to empty the mind, so that any word would do as long as it wouldn't trigger an association. So I guess if you're trying to evoke a certain feeling via vibration, doing them 'automatically' probably won't make any difference. So, http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/fragend/confused-smiley-013.gif

Comment: If explanation about mantra structure and purpose was as simple as a mean for to get a clear mind, why not to use a general mantra as easy (of to remember) as: OM. My opinion about this is (and is not my will to impose it to anyone but to promote healthier discussion) mantra sound structure has a reason behind and it is to build a complex wave pattern with a definite purpose. Similar reasoning has behind hemi-sync patterns. They acts like an aid in order to emulate inside brain receiver a brainwave pattern characteristic of a gifted individual. Is a back-engineering strategie applied to human brain behaviour.[\quote]

My best regards...
Sincerely,
Ángel

CFTraveler
17th August 2007, 08:31 PM
Ah! Thank you.