PDA

View Full Version : Meditation/Trance Experiences

Flash_hound
15th August 2007, 11:34 PM
What are some experiences that you have experienced while meditating?
I personally (and this goes towards minor experiences) have had repetitive falling sensations...

But I am talking big things, like lights, or voices, or flashes of inspiration. I'm just curious and thought it would be a fun discussion to start of this new sub-board

DM*Cubic
22nd August 2007, 08:44 AM
A lot of people hear a tone, or a buzzing sound, or even something akin to music when they meditate. The other night I was meditating and began hearing what sounded like a chorus singing, not in words, but in pure notes, as if someone were playing the choral preset on a synthesizer. In some spiritual literature, references are made to the so-called music of the spheres, the sound produced by the vibrations of the sephiroth of the tree of life (or the movements of the planets in space, whichever one is up to you, I guess). Either way, it was pretty darned cool.

Korpo
22nd August 2007, 09:02 AM
When I'm having a "good ride", the blackness behind my eyes expands and grows. The sounds of the external world soften. Quiet and clarity start to happen. The sound in my ear changes and fades, or possibly rises in frequency? :?:

Sometimes this continues until the external world, even if on a train, is no longer taking up any attention. My mind knows it is there, just at the edge, but my mind has attained focus on itself and my body.

At one time I could touch a depthless blackness surrounding me. It had no dimension, nothing could hide in it, it was like absolutely nothing existed in it, it was just around me and it could absolutely frighten me, because absolute emptiness, no feature, nothing cannot frighten. We are frightened by what lurks in the shadows or at least uneasy about it, but this emptiness was simply empty, and it made me curious.

I once fell into a dream/trance state while falling asleep where I could see my mind behaving like a giant railyard. Everywhere memory was rearranged, thoughts sent from A to B, and I was watching it from a detached, half-lucid point of view.

Sometimes I meet a state of half-consciousness, where I am barely aware that I am not aware. One of my meditation manuals suggests that this is the state where I meet the "holes in my perception", the moments when I am not aware, and they dissolve. My observation is that after every of such episodes my energy work has become more powerful. It is not "not being aware". It is like "barely being aware". Like still having some focus on something that but you could not say what.

I have felt how the mind extends in the Middle Tantien to obtain a description of what I feel. The mind extends into the heart center and the words describing my feelings flow out. It was a sensation like growing a tentacle from my mind's center and tapping it into a ball of energy or softly touching the surface of sea of energy.

I have observed thoughts as "touchable items", as blobs in my mind's eye, shadowy blobs I could touch with my awareness and that then emit words. I could hear an ego voice beside emitting a stream of thought words to judge the thought.

Oliver

BirdOfPrey
19th June 2008, 02:20 PM
I usually feel dislocated during my meditations. I started meditating again last night, using an 'improved' beginners technique and even after a year of no meditation, I felt dislocated after a few minutes. The technique I use is counting/naming passing thoughts(Impatience, worrying, etc.), and I always have experiences as if my body is in a different posture than I normally sit.

It usually starts with either my left or right hand 'moving' back, and in some cases I've felt as if my head was on it's original place, but twisted and my body was hanging half outside the physical body. I've felt like I was being pressed against a wall(Or the wall against me, since I felt not pressure, except on the front side of my body), or someone pressing me in my back. I've felt like I floated towards the ceiling and back.

I also had 2 times 'flashbacks' about school(happened 6 years ago so) where I was viewing a short and incredibly fast going streams of images related to my classmates and my schoolbag(No idea where that came from). The most trippiest experience I've had was my body going in certain sections totally numb, with the numbness expanding. It was probably my first vibration, but I didn't know what I was doing back then(Experimenting with Sigil magic) and it freaked me out so much, I didn't meditate or attempt anything for a year.

So yea, I had some good trips :).

With Love,
Bird of Prey