PDA

View Full Version : The Deaf and The Blind.

Three_Nails
16th August 2007, 12:30 AM
Alright. This question hit me today when I was hanging out with my little brother. He is 100 percent deaf in both of his ears. Though equipped with a cochlear implant on his left side, even then he only gets about 23 percent hearing... The rest is all reading lips and such.

I bought Robert Bruce's "Astral Dynamics" - And in hit he described hearing sounds that originated from the astral realm and many occasions said he practiced "Real Time Sight". If I tought my brother how to project, do you think it would be possible he could experience sounds as we would in our energy bodies while traveling the astral proper? And blind people? Do they see?

Flash_hound
16th August 2007, 12:44 AM
Blind people DO NOT see, but deaf people DO hear.
Although I got this from a conversation and I don't know if the deaf person had been deaf their entire life or not. I will find out, I wouldn't get my hopes up but it is very honorable what you are doing.

Three_Nails
16th August 2007, 02:52 AM
Honorable? Bah.... I'm just curious. My little brother isn't the type to sit down and attempt to learn something. He's 16. Around here at that age its all parties, women, drugs... Parties... School sometimes.

Yeah. I know I'll bring it up to him, but I doubt he will go for it. He has experience SOME hearing with the device he uses. But then again, this brings up the question of wether or not an implanted mechanical device will mess with the flow of energy through his body if he DID attempt a concious exit of his physical body.

CFTraveler
16th August 2007, 02:57 AM
Blind people DO NOT see, but deaf people DO hear.
Actually, I read somewhere that this is not necessarily true. It depends on whether they're blind by birth or have ever seen, as children. Apparently those who have been able to see in the past have a reference point to create their environment in dream/projection mode, so it's not so clear cut.

Flash_hound
16th August 2007, 03:02 AM
I was talking from birth, although I'm not sure... I'm pretty sure if you could see or hear from birth you are set as far as projection goes. But I'm not sure if you ahve been deaf or blind from birth if you can see or hear neccesarily.

So I guess I'm unsure about blind or deaf from birth situations...

Actually I'd imagine that a deaf person could see sound, or feel vibrations. The way that a blind person has a better sense of touch when they are projecting.

CFTraveler
16th August 2007, 03:16 AM
I suppose it depends how long the person was able to see and what got stored in their subconscious. My best friend as a child was deaf, and we communicated in 'silent talking' (lip reading) and she told me that she could feel music and could dream music also. In college I had a friend who read to a blind guy I knew and I think it may have been him who told me that even though he was blind in the present he could see as a child and often had dreams where he could see the blue sky, the sun, trees, etc. I don't know how this relates to projection, since sighted people (me, for example) often project blind and then get sight, so I'm not sure how that translates to people that are either completely blind or near-blind. (I used to go to church with a lady who was legally blind but could see blobs of color) so I wouldn't know.

Three_Nails
16th August 2007, 03:23 AM
Well, I dunno. I'm excited about the possiblilties though. I have yet to talk to him about it, but it would be really cool if he could experience somewhat normal hearing during projection. I mean.... I know I prefer dead silence when I attempt to go into trance anyway, right... Less distraction. Hell, he may be good at it for all I know.

CFTraveler
16th August 2007, 03:26 AM
I know I prefer dead silence when I attempt to go into trance anyway, right... Less distraction. Hell, he may be good at it for all I know. Me too. I use earplugs for better relaxation. I don't like sudden noises, and can hear my earhiss better with earplugs. No competition.