PDA

View Full Version : Strange Dream

Apex
11th October 2005, 08:31 PM
This post of mine concerns a dream of mine I had last night. It was not lucid however, so I decided to deem it a 'spiritual experience' and put it here. [now we have a dreaming forum so I went ahead and moved it-CF]
I don't usually post things like this, but it was interesting enough that I figured you guys would enjoy reading it.

Anyhow, the dream was a unique kind. First of all, it had two levels of depth to it. I was dreaming inside a dream. I'll try to keep it clear below.

Second Level (dreaming in a dream)

I was at my parent's place, reading on the couch. Out the window across the room was a view of the front lawn. On the lawn was a pine tree (which isn't there in reality), the kind that is more cylindrical than conal that grows pretty much straight up (not sure what kind of tree that is offhand). Anyhow, it was about 8-10 feet tall. While I was reading, all of a sudden the tree spontaneously caught on fire. Huge flames engulfed it for a few seconds, as I watched in awe. After those few seconds, it went out and returned to its prior state, unharmed. For some reason, the thought was placed into my mind that it was 'an extreme aura', although it was not what I actually thought.

What the hell was that? I said to myself.

Then I woke up from the dream inside my dream.

First Level

I woke up and my first instinct was to write my experience in my notebook before I forgot it. I can't remember whether I did this or not in my dream (which happens a lot, instead of writing it in reality). It was a powerful experience for some reason so I was rather anxious. Anyhow, I checked my email and a friend of mine had forwarded me a news article from cnn's webpage. It said that a tree somewhere in the world had a flame burning above it for no apparent reason. It was also a pine tree. People were going nuts trying to figure out what was happening. Cue religion fanatics, doom proclaimers, the works.

Awake (for real this time)

I woke up and made sure I was really awake this time. I wrote this stuff down as quickly as I could so I wouldn't forget it. The anxious feeling I had before transferred over to reality, although it passed after a few minutes.

I figured I'd post the experience here and see what you guys thought of it.

1st December 2005, 01:14 AM
I can definetly relate my friend.