PDA

View Full Version : OBEing while in a dream?

Gettydave
12th October 2005, 04:31 PM
This thread is about a dream I've had just last week. I can't even begin to understand it by it's subject is related to conscience OBEs and was wondering if I might be able to get some input and feedback on it. I'll give as much information and detail on it as I can.

Just as some background information, I came across the matter of OBEs and APing on another forum board and it took my interest, mainly for the possibility that (with limited but expanding knowledge on the subjects) I could leave my body and travel through out the cosmos... without being barred down by not being in any form of a space program and with current limitations on modern space travel. I've been doing my best to keep up with MAP day by day (Still on Week 1 if that helps) and also followed it's suggestion to pick up a book on the subject of APing and OBEs. Currently, I was only able to find "Journeys out of the Body" by Robert Monroe (No luck in finding "Astral Dynamics", I may have to order it). I still do not know for sure if I'm able to have a lucid dream. I think I normally do because in a majority of them - I do recognize the dream-world around me and consciencely react to it, I'm not passive in them at all.

On to the dream. It was a Saturday night and I had completed my last parts of MAP for the day, shortly after took a shower, and read about 1/4th of "Journeys out of the Body" before falling asleep around 1:00AM. Now, around 6:30AM ~ 7:00AM is when I awoke from this dream so I figure this took place in that roughly 6 hour time frame.

(This is what takes place in the dream.)
The setting seemed to be with a building that you'd find in the downtown area of a city like Chicago, London, etc... and was on the first floor. I knew this because I could see outside to the road and buildings across the street through the front windows. In the room seemed to be a few couches and chairs. I noticed a male laying down on a couch and another male in his mid-40's who imposed the idea that he was an 'instructor'. I was sitting in a chair tfacing the front door with the man on the couch to my 9 o'clock and the 'instructor' to my 11 o'clock and a wall to the right of me.

The 'instructor' began conversing with me on how to meditate (for lack of a better term). I then closed my eyes and saw an entity who looked to be a human female in traditional hindu clothing. She seemed almost radiant - there was alot of light flooding in from behind her. At once I opened my eyes and the instructor tells me to hold my hands in a specific manner in my lap with my legs crossed while sitting in the chair. (Palm up, one hand on top of the other in a parallel format) I close my eyes again. At this point the same picture of the female comes back, only this time I feel vibrations. Crazy as it might sound, but I feel them in the dream. I begin to feel lighter and lighter. I decide to try and stand up from the chair... when I did, it felt like I jumped out of the chair and instantly had vision of the room around me but I didn't recall opening my eyes. In the dream, it felt like I had exited my body... and that's all I could conclude from how it felt because it didn't fell like I was constrained in anything. I specifically remember moving over to the couch and going through it and then back again. At this point I was 'floating' right next to the 'instructor' and I looked over to saw my body... that's when I woke up.

I know it was alot to read and thanks if you've made it this far :). Anyone have any thoughts?

Apex
12th October 2005, 06:03 PM
I'll propose a new theories.

The human female could be a number of things.
- No one significant
- Someone with their aura
- Your guide
- A random entity
- Insert your thought here

You're really the best judge of the significance of her, since you know all the things you were experiencing when you saw her. Did you feel threatened? Curious? A warm feeling? A familiarity with her? Nothing?

Vibrations felt while dreaming are fairly well known of, but it's a matter of whether they were just in your dream or whether they were a reflection of what your physical body was feeling at the time.

I figure two things could have happened. You could have dreamt it all, and had an OBE inside a dream, but not a real one. The other possibility is that you had an OBE in reality, but that you experienced the dream setting due to reality fluctuations. If this is the case, the instructor could be an assistant of sorts, helping you along with your progress. Ask yourself the same questions about the instructor as you did about the other being you saw.

This experience seems to have aspects of both a projection in real life and inside the dream. This leads me to think you actually had an OBE but that your subconscous altered the state of your environment to match your dream. I think this because you gained astral sight within the dream, before actually leaving your body.

stargazer
11th December 2005, 01:38 PM
Sounds like it was a great experience, nonetheless!