PDA

View Full Version : A meditation.

13th October 2005, 03:32 PM
From time to time, I have practiced various meditation techniques. Here is one I have been playing with recently...
I welcome life... I welcome death... I surrender...
I repeat these short phrases with my eyes closed, while sitting comfortably...

nparker
13th October 2005, 09:52 PM
From time to time, I have practiced various meditation techniques. Here is one I have been playing with recently...

And..? What have to do with Energy Work thematics..? Apologize my ignorance... anyway... but it seems a bit off topic. :D

My best regards...
Sincerely,
Natalia Parker

13th October 2005, 10:09 PM

And..? What have to do with Energy Work thematics..? Apologize my ignorance... anyway... but it seems a bit off topic. :D

My best regards...
Sincerely,
Natalia Parker

Discuss energy work with traditional forms also: Qigong, tai chi, martial arts, yoga.

What could be more traditional than meditation?

Tom
13th October 2005, 10:28 PM
This couldn't be more on topic. Results from the meditation include dropping away negative energy and gaining access to stronger forms of positive energy.

nparker
13th October 2005, 10:34 PM
This couldn't be more on topic. Results from the meditation include dropping away negative energy and gaining access to stronger forms of positive energy.

:oops: I recognize my error..! :oops: Apologies again...

My best regards...
Sincerely,
Natalia Parker

sash
13th October 2005, 11:15 PM
I've found more important than repeating this, is feeling it and being aware of those things from moment to moment. That seems to free up and let go of a lot of negative energy.

Warm Regards,
Sasha

14th October 2005, 04:01 PM
:oops: I recognize my error..! :oops: Apologies again...
No problem. Perhaps what I wrote would be more appropriate in Psychic and Spiritual Development and Experiences. But it seemed reasonably connected with energy work, etc. to me.

In any event, I had just gotten a (virtually free) DVD telling about the Sedona method (http://www.sedona.com/ssl/FreeSignUp.aspx),) and was thinking about what I saw.

(I think one can actually watch it -- or at least part of it -- online (http://easylink.playstream.com/sedonamethod/jack.wvx) as well...)

In any event, I came up with the idea of using some of it as a meditation.

I've found more important than repeating this, is feeling it and being aware of those things from moment to moment. That seems to free up and let go of a lot of negative energy.

I agree. The Sedona Method isn't about meditation. They explicitly state that. But I thought it might be helpful, anyway.

Tom
14th October 2005, 07:11 PM
It is about energy and access to energy and my teacher told me so. I was surprised to hear something so profound on these forums, really.

nparker
14th October 2005, 10:09 PM
Sasha

Since some thoughts are depressing and engage ourselves in a vicious circle (feedback type inner process mechanics) of more and more depression leading sometimes to suicidal attitude, then done the fact about the assertion "thoughts are energy and done its quality then so is how they affect to us", then, meditation is advisable in order to clean them from our mind. This leads to a negative energy cleanup... then Meditation is Energy Work subject related and Sophroniscus's opinion related to suitability of Energy Work Forum versus Psychic and Spiritual Evolution Forum, if valid, nevertheless, shows us how a topic has ubiquitous concerns.

My best regards...
Sincerely,
Natalia Parker

14th October 2005, 11:01 PM
Sasha

Since some thoughts are depressing and engage ourselves in a vicious circle (feedback type inner process mechanics) of more and more depression leading sometimes to suicidal attitude, then done the fact about the assertion "thoughts are energy and done its quality then so is how they affect to us", then, meditation is advisable in order to clean them from our mind. This leads to a negative energy cleanup...

I'm not sure how to interpret all of this. Such is the ambiguity of life...

I suppose it is possible that almost anything can generate negative feedback, especially if it is repeated over and over. This would seem to be true of meditation, no less than anything else.

If something is good and helpful, then I say, do it. But when a practice creates some sort of negative feedback, then maybe it's time for a break...

star
15th October 2005, 04:52 AM
Well, you can't say that not everyone is different. perhaps the repitition is quite helpful for many.

17th October 2005, 03:50 PM
Oh, one thing... The Sedona Method stresses that one shouldn't use it to try to do something one can't really do. So if welcoming life is difficult, one should welcome it as much as you can. The same would be true for death and surrender.

tyciol
26th October 2005, 04:47 PM
Surrender sounds kind of negative... even give in does. I prefer phrasing such as let go, if you're going to do an absence sort of meditation. Focusing on swimming in the waves, rather than leaving the land. After all, we do plan to come back to it don't we? I don't welcome death, for one, but I would like to abandon concerning myself over it over every second, or such stress would only accelerate it. Comfort in security.

26th October 2005, 10:50 PM
Surrender sounds kind of negative... even give in does. I prefer phrasing such as let go, if you're going to do an absence sort of meditation. Focusing on swimming in the waves, rather than leaving the land. After all, we do plan to come back to it don't we? I don't welcome death, for one, but I would like to abandon concerning myself over it over every second, or such stress would only accelerate it. Comfort in security.
What seems negative to one, is negative in his estimation. I would not suggest that you do anything negative.

I would suggest that surrender may be positive, when it is motivated by a positive desire. Thus one might surrender to one's beloved.

But what would I know of such things? You may be right.

Tom
26th October 2005, 11:53 PM
If you let go of something negative then it will fade away. If you let go of something positive, it will increase. This is because the good qualities are part of who you really are and the bad qualities are temporary stains.

27th October 2005, 04:04 PM
If you let go of something negative then it will fade away. If you let go of something positive, it will increase. This is because the good qualities are part of who you really are and the bad qualities are temporary stains.
It seems to work that way for me.

tyciol
28th October 2005, 04:43 AM
I would suggest that surrender may be positive, when it is motivated by a positive desire. Thus one might surrender to one's beloved.In that case, you give yourself to them, give yourself to be in their care, but surrender? What battle are we fighting among those we love?

28th October 2005, 04:15 PM
I would suggest that surrender may be positive, when it is motivated by a positive desire. Thus one might surrender to one's beloved.In that case, you give yourself to them, give yourself to be in their care, but surrender? What battle are we fighting among those we love?

But what would I know of such things? You may be right.

tyciol
29th October 2005, 09:52 AM
But you WERE right though, I just have an apprehensive discomfort with some words so I'm overtechnical about em.

29th October 2005, 10:12 PM
But you WERE right though, I just have an apprehensive discomfort with some words so I'm overtechnical about em.
No one has ever lived more technical than, myself...

Quantitativefool
29th October 2005, 11:02 PM
Haha, there are always people more technical...thinks of Mensa Friend whom is a physics major....

But yeah, it seems you said it right but in a slightly...different manner.

-Stu

29th October 2005, 11:07 PM
But I was technical before being technical was cool.

Tom
29th October 2005, 11:14 PM
The important thing to keep in mind here is that discomfort is an opportunity. It shows something that is important to work through.

31st October 2005, 01:07 AM
And that's hard to remember...

Tom
31st October 2005, 02:34 AM
That's why I remind myself so many times every day. It is like reality checks for me.