PDA

View Full Version : Muscles tightening during energy absorption

Sapient
21st August 2007, 01:54 AM
when i focus my body on drawing energy through my lower chakras into my navel point i sometimes feel as if my physical body muscles are tightening a bit is this normal? i can relax them again its hardly noticeable that i am doing it at all ..

kiwibonga
21st August 2007, 02:11 AM
Could it be that you're doing it wrong?

Sapient
21st August 2007, 02:21 AM

Well maybe? .but i can feel what NEW tells me to do very precisely..maybe im trying to hard?

Sapient
21st August 2007, 02:23 AM

Actually i can feel the energy so no..i think it was the way i was sitting..etc ..fully relaxed helps the problem sorry for this ignorant post..

Tom
21st August 2007, 02:50 AM
Before you hit yourself over the head, maybe you should read about bandhas from Hatha Yoga's pranayama. They involve light muscular contraction timed with your breathing to raise energy, to move energy up the spine, and to remove the knots along shushumna.

jalef
29th August 2007, 08:24 PM
i experience the same and i think its natural. there are even some energy sensations that can only be felt if i tense a muscle. the enrgy and the physical body are linked so i think a certain amount of interaction cant be prevented.

star
30th August 2007, 12:26 PM
See? No worries. I spent all night raising energy into my lower legs and feet while I played games, every so often a toe or two would tighten and I would just spend a half-a-second to relax it.

What some don't seem to see is the physical body is also a conduct for your energy, as mentioned above.

wstein
31st August 2007, 01:15 AM
This happens to me when I am trying to 'shape' energy by aligning my physical body. As long as you are not cramping, I don't think its a problem. A brief stretch afterwards is recommended.

Aunt Clair
2nd September 2007, 06:16 AM
Before you hit yourself over the head, maybe you should read about bandhas from Hatha Yoga's pranayama. They involve light muscular contraction timed with your breathing to raise energy, to move energy up the spine, and to remove the knots along shushumna.

I agree . Perhaps your body instinctively was helping you to pull the energy into the male kanda and the earth stone energy storage centre .

Korpo
2nd September 2007, 06:59 AM
I actually think muscle contraction is more a sign of stored tension than anything when encountered in energy raising.

Muscle contraction that actually helps energy flow in a truly beneficial way is encountered in Taiji and movement Qigong, but that never crosses a degree where it feels tense or even strong. The energy flow itself is diminished when feelings of strength start - this is the sensation you get when you block up channels, forcing more energy through less "space".

It may feel good in a superficial way, but deeper down it seems to be a sign of getting a sensation that tells you something similar as a blockage. Blockages can feel like strength, too. But true strength is effortless. Smooth running of energy does not feel strong, but airy, empty, just an awareness of the flow, not strong, no contractions. Even cool.

Smoothly flowing energy makes me feel calm, relaxed, like a cool wind. An airy presence. Strong, hot, and any hint of tension or contraction are signs that at least more cleaning is needed.

However this will fix itself over time with persistent energy work, and if you try to stay relaxed. Never overexert your "energetic muscles" and they grow in relatively short time to the strength of the truely effortless.

Oliver