PDA

View Full Version : "Bursts" of energy, any thoughts?

ButterflyWoman
23rd August 2007, 01:54 AM
I guess I'll put this here in this forum because I was meditating when this happened. I think it could just as easily go into Energy Work or even Healing...

I had a bad day yesterday, physically/mentally, as I had a flare up of my chronic pain/fatigue condition. I've been doing energy work and trying different kinds of healing to try to combat it (plus I have some physical things that I do that help, certain mineral supplements, for example). Anyway, it flares up periodically and then I just have to deal with it, and so that's what I did.

I haven't been meditating as much as I normally do because of things going on in my life that have thrown my whole routine all out of kilter, long story on that, but I decided yesterday that I simple HAD to get back into it, and that perhaps I could do something about the pain/fatigue once I was in a good trance state.

So I put on a sleep mask and a pair of earphones and some music suitable for meditation (and for drowning out any noise around me) and I went to it (I don't normally us the sleep mask, but it was appropriate this time). I went into the trance easily, and got quite comfortably deep.

Then I had the very strange sensation of being in the presence of... I can only say a deity. I have experienced that which I know as God many, many, many times since I was a small child, but this seemed a bit different. I was listening to Indian music, so perhaps that's why I had the image I did, but I felt as if it was some sort of personification of Shiva (note: I am not at all Hindu, though I've done some basic reading on Hindu beliefs and if I were to take a Hindu deity as a personal patron, it would definitely be Shiva). I tried to ask the "presence" about their identity, etc., but it was an overwhelming, comforting, extremely powerful and definitely male presence, dominating (in a good way, nothing opporessive) and I felt rather submissive, plus I couldn't really think clearly in the presence, anyway.

I got the impression... not verbally, but somehow I just sort of understood, that the visitation (as it were) was about healing, and so I just kept "still" and waited. In not too long I felt a series of "bursts" of energy, in my torso. First in my belly, then somewhere in the middle, then to my left a couple of times, then up in my chest and then a couple times on my right side. Every time these "bursts" happened they were followed by a brilliant "tingling" sensation that reminded me of some sort of internal fireworks or a shower of glitter (glittering light). It felt weird, but very, very pleasant, and I was in no way concerned by the sensations.

When I came out of the meditative trance I did feel remarkably better. The pain was quite managable and I was much more alert (although the alertness is a normal outcome of meditation for me). Today when I got up, although I have some stiffness in the neck and back and a slight headache (probably from the position in which I was sleeping; I was quite contorted when I woke up and actually had put one of my own arms to sleep!), I'm nowhere near as bad off as I was yesterday. I don't have that "dragging" feeling I get, the one that just forces me to go back to bed.

I can take most of this as just yet another unusual experience that may or may not eventually become clear as to what it was about, although I do think there was some healing going on.

What I'm most curious about is the "bursts" of energy. I've never felt anything like that before. It was very, very interesting and felt pretty amazing. I could perceive it "sparkling" and it definitely tingled.

Thoughts on any of this will be happily considered. I'm interested to know if anyone has any vaguely similar experiences or any thoughts or insights. :)

DM*Cubic
24th August 2007, 08:26 PM
I think that when we experience an energy blockage, we strap a lot of baggage to it by consciously or unconsciously reacting negatively to the problem. Not only do we have an actual blockage of energy, then, but we get stagnant negative energies attached to it. I think that when these energies are finally released, it's like a dam breaking; all that stagnant energy that needs to be reintegrated with the rest of the body's flow comes rushing out. This is obviously very palpable in itself, but it probably also creates a shockwave effect by suddenly forcing nearby energy passages to widen to accommodate the sudden pulse.

This can be a good thing to keep in mind when clearing up blockages - sometimes the problem is not an inability of energy to flow in, but an inability of energy to flow out. I've gotten through a couple tough blockages of my own by visualizing a sudden, explosive release of tension like the ones you experienced.

Here's hoping your healing continues well!

Regards,
Chuck

Korpo
24th August 2007, 08:48 PM
The energy in the blockage is used by a conflict you keep up. Ceasing the conflict releases the energy.

An energy blockage is actually a conflict, negative emotion. The congealing of the energy into a frozen, non-flowing state turns the positive effects into negative ones. The Taoists for example believe in their Five Element Theory to have found five such opposite relationships for emotional energy.

IIRC, Robert takes of blockage energy is disharmonious energy in "Energy Work". The problem is not the frequency of the energy, but its quality.

Also Bruce Frantzis recommends drawing this energy into the ground, or to the Dantien, and only after a cleansing practice (expanding it either to the edge of the aura or letting it into emptiness and therefore reverting it to consciousness without content).

This is one of the reasons why it is not wise to force things. Work on the smaller problems and your capacity for working on bigger problems grows. I know I had days of strong energetic flows when I got rid of an old prejudice I had strongly attached to. Releasing such a strong block of subtle energy can temporarily unsettle the energy system and require good grounding to get back into a new equilibrium as quickly as possible.

I personally end all cleansing sessions by sending all surplus energy below my feet. It avoids agitation or energy blocks reforming. Proper neutralising and grounding practices made the difference for me for being comfortable with and stabilising the results of energy work. Especially during growth phases.

Take good care,
Oliver