PDA

View Full Version : how did OBE change your life?

rtky
24th August 2007, 09:05 AM
Question: how did OBE change your life?

It may be hard to put it in words, but I'm very curious to hear from you all.
E.g.
- did it help your clairvoyant skills (in waking life)?
- how did it change your experience with channeling energy (Reiki, etc.)

Please list anything you can think of.

PS. I'm still working on my OBE skills (nothing yet).

Robert

rtky
25th August 2007, 11:25 PM
Question: how did OBE change your life?

No answer after few days tells me that maybe OBE does not change our lives, or maybe the question sounded too personal. (btw, I was not after very personal stories and diaries)

I still hope it will improve my waking life clairvoyance skills.

Robert

Korpo
25th August 2007, 11:28 PM
Well, well, don't be overeager, rtky. ;)

Give people time.

Also, you are right. Spiritual change can be an extremely personal matter. It might be harder to talk about than techniques or such stuff.

Be well,
Oliver

Blue Mage
26th August 2007, 02:13 PM
OBE's have had a dramatic effect on me. OBE has given me an unshakable faith that there is more than just this lifetime. I think some stuff happened that I don't remember, because after the first time I had an OBE on purpose, I didn't remember very much, but still it was like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. I woke up and realized there is no reason to fear death, and once there is no death to fear, all other fears become meaningless.

It got me to read about topics I would not have before, because before I had just assumed that there could not be anything to them since it is not "accepted science". So I have become so much better informed because of the things I have read, improving my outlook on life, my health, etc. The world makes so much more sense now.

On the negative side, it made me mentally get so caught up with the believer's vs. skeptics stuff. I'd read about something incredible in more than once source and think, "why haven't I heard this before??? why aren't we taught this in school???!" Some days I'd be so preoccupied, my blood boiling with how utterly irrational and ignorant many skeptics are. It's a tricky pitfall since it's about realizing the truth, but still one to be avoided, wallowing in negativity is so detrimental to ones spiritual development. I'm mostly over it now.

Before I was so left-brained and math-and-science oriented (e.g. I work as a software/electical engineer), but now my thinking has just expanded so much. All of sudden one day, with no practice, I noticed I could draw pretty well, much better than before! And I'm so much more creative. It's obvious the right side of brain has become stronger, I went in to get my glasses prescription refilled and found that my weaker eye, the one associated with the right hemisphere of the brain, has become as strong as the other one.

rtky
31st August 2007, 03:12 AM
FYI, I found some answers in http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=8527

Aunt Clair
2nd September 2007, 06:03 AM
OBE has been a way of life for me and has profoundly shaped who I am today .

I recall begin taken as a child to help dead soldiers in Vietnam find the light pillars. Human spirit cannot always see angels but may find live human projectors closer to their vibration so they sense them instead . I saw spirits come to my room and teach me from an early age .

I recall looking for a teenage daughter who ran away from home and finding her in OBE convincing her to come home . She saw me in her dreams .

When I have had surgery I do not always recall leaving the body with anasthesia but I have on occasion and this helped me to be comforted especially in NDEs. When my family members die I am able to go see them in the afterlife realms and they come to visit me and I see them here . I can not feel their hugs in the same way and I see much better than I hear and so I continue to strive to develop more to become stronger still .

As we age , our bodies become infirm but our spiritual energy body becomes stronger and stronger developing with age and with each life we recall too .

Korpo
2nd September 2007, 07:05 AM
As we age , our bodies become infirm but our spiritual energy body becomes stronger and stronger developing with age and with each life we recall too .

I think this does not happen because of aging, but only if we learn the life lessons in front of us. Aging alone is not enough. ;)

Since I know you do understand your lessons, it must have just seemed the same, but the degree to which this occurs varies strongly between people, IMO. :D

As long as we learn our spirit grows and evolves. I just wanted to express this, as I could read it between your lines. :D

Oliver

ButterflyWoman
2nd September 2007, 10:23 AM
Years ago, I had an extremely vivid dream which I now believe was an OBE. I was twelve at the time, I'm now in my forties, and I remember the dream as clearly as if it happened yesterday...

Basically, God came and took me out of my body and we flew around the world, with God showing me things and teaching me stuff. I can't remember the things God told me (I didn't at the time, either), but I believe it's stored somewhere in my subconscious. I also believe that part of what was being told to me was a partial map of my life, places I'd go, etc.

When I awoke, I had no fear of death. I haven't since then. I don't seek death, but I am quite literally unafraid of it. I don't think it's because of anything God said or didn't say to me, but just that on some level I understood that my body was only a holder for the "real me".

I'd say that changed my life.

I can't say that was the first time I'd had a mystical/spiritual type experience, though. That was just the first time I felt I had left my body, and it happened to be in the company of God (no, don't ask what God looks like, I couldn't tell you; I just know it was God ;)).

sono
7th September 2007, 06:55 AM
My tuppence worth -I only wish I had known about conscious astral projection earlier on in life, it would have influenced so many of my past choices - I always "believed" that I was spirit in matter, but to actually FEEL that sense of lifting up out of the body is probably the greatest experience of my physical lifetime. To know theoretically is one thing, but to actually experience something like that changed EVERYTHING for me. . . . . things took on a different perspective; & I have a sense now that nothing can hurt me in any real way. Unfortunately, I cannot project at will, & indeed seldom succeed - but it's worth it, & has made life so much more valuable in every way. I still fight with my belief system & negativity, but I suppose that's all part of living in the material vibration. I often used to find myself at a "school" in the astral when I was a child, & still sometimes do - but it's not the same as actually being aware when you lift out CONSCIOUSLY. Just the other night , I was shown some sort of light-representation of the chakras & tree of life - so beautiful! I took copious notes (!) but of-course didn't manage to "transport" them back to the body. . . . & this brain is still far from trained to remember everything that happens "out there"!

RyanParis
7th September 2007, 11:42 AM
Well, I first started having conscious astral projections as a young teenager, before or after 9/11 (I don't remember) and about three years later I stumbled upon Robert Bruce's site describing my exact same experiences in detail, calling it OBE's, and I was quite surprised.

I had, I guess you could call it, a traditional belief that we have spirits. But to know that I actually subconsciously remember astral projecting and didn't even know I was out of body during the experiences until later reading Robert Bruce's material is another thing all together.

It has definitely been a learning experience. I read a lot of Edgar Cayce, John Edward, Sylvia Browne material now, and the New Testament. I'm more open to people's claimed experiences.

I guess what really hit me after a while is that, hey - we probably live forever, our spirits are just in bodies right now. It has really changed my view of physical death and the afterlife. Now I realize, in all probability, I get chances to come back to earth in the future when the earth is better - to learn more lessons.

I would say it changed my life.

whalesoundervish
16th September 2007, 08:48 PM
I felt like I was pulled into OBEs kicking and screaming. My first few were spontaenous and quite terrifying.
Echoing what others have said, more than anything it jump started my spiritual life. Before that, I had little interest in spirituality.
As a fairly materialistic person, I had to grapple with the notion that I literally am more than this body. It wasn't easy, but it's been a challeninging and beautiful experience for me.
I guess I've never had the mentality that I want to gain any psychic or extra ordinanry powers from my OBE work. Whatever might come, let it come. I'm more interested in how it changes my perspective of the world, my feelings of humanity and myself.