PDA

View Full Version : About Siddhis and ajna chakra

Diego
26th August 2007, 10:43 PM
Hello everybody, im new here.

Well, I wanna know if its true mediting in the ajna chakra I can get siddhis like anima or another siddhis?

Sorry for my english.

Beekeeper
27th August 2007, 10:08 AM
Just to clarify terms so Diego gets more response:

Siddhi is typically defined as "a magical or spiritual power for the control of self, others and the forces of nature."

http://www.angelfire.com/realm/bodhisattva/siddhi.html

Anima Siddhi - The ability to decrease the size of one's body and become smaller than the smallest particle. Through this siddhi one may enter into stone or change the density in one's body, enabling one to pass through solid matter.

http://www.angelfire.com/realm/bodhisattva/nine_siddhis.html

The ajna chakra is the chakra between the eyebrows.

Tom
27th August 2007, 02:11 PM
Yes, you can gain siddhis through meditating with the third eye. Kriya Yoga uses both the third eye and Kundalini for this purpose, although it is the most powerful of accomplishments (another meaning of siddhi), liberation or enlightenment, which is the main goal.

If you want to change the size of your form and pass through solid matter, it says in the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali that it is easier to do this through pranayama. Something to keep in mind is that it is generally accepted that this actually takes the form of astral projection rather than literally changing the qualities of the physical body.

Korpo
27th August 2007, 02:41 PM
Usually this is considered as one of the possibilities of Shen Gung (the "spirit work") or of saints or people close to being saints and high magic. There are accounts of similar feats in "The Holographic Universe".

However there were no hints how these people came to have these powers, it seems they were more or less born to have them. Their attitude seemed to be one of joyful children towards their own blessings.

In the end, is that really of any importance. The stage at which you gain these siddhis it seems to me you would know how to get them. At least if they are meant literally.

Oliver

Diego
27th August 2007, 06:45 PM
And all this about thje minor siddhis and major siddhis and karma is true as well?

Ajna Chakra is situated within the Sushumna Nadi and its corresponding centre in the physical body is at the space between the two eye-brows. This is known as Trikuti. The presiding deity, Paramasiva (Shambhu), is in the form of Hamsa.

There is Goddess Hakini (Sakti}. Pranava xdvng (Om) is the Bijakshara for Ajna Chakra This is the seat of the mind.

There are two petals (Yoga Nadis) on each side of the lotus (Chakra) and the vibrations of these Nadis are represented by the Sanskrit letters:?xdvng (Ham) and (Ksham). This is the Granthi Sthana (Rudra Granthi).

Ajna Chakra is of pure white colour or like that of the fullmoon (on the Purnima day). Bindu, Nada and Sakti are in this Chakra. This Chakra corresponds to Tapo-Loka. The corresponding centre in the physical body is at the Cavernous Plexus.

He who concentrates at Ajna Chakra destroys all the Karmas of the past lives. The benefits that are derived by meditation on this Chakra cannot be described in words. The practitioner becomes a Jivanmukta (liberated man while living). He acquires all the 8 major and 32 minor Siddhis. All Yogis and Jnanis too concentrate to this centre on the Bijakshara, Pranava ! (OM). This is called Bhrumadya Drishti (gaze at the space between the two eye-brows).

??

Tom
27th August 2007, 06:58 PM
If all you are doing is concentrating on your third eye you will probably end up with a headache and little else to show for your efforts. You will need to pick a good technique and stick with it.

Yes, you can go all the way to full enlightenment just by working with the third eye. It may be told simply but the actual doing is very difficult. It is safer to work with the navel chakra, by itself, than ajna / third eye. You should factor in how much disruption you are willing to have in your daily life and possibly your health before you decide to go forward with meditation on your third eye, especially if you have people who rely on you.

CFTraveler
27th August 2007, 07:17 PM
I agree with Tom, me being one that was plagued by 3rd-eye headaches.

And all this about thje minor siddhis and major siddhis and karma is true as well?
I guess everybody's truth is different. But that's another thread.

Diego
28th August 2007, 02:04 AM
what tecnique could I use to open the ajna chakra?

Tom
28th August 2007, 04:12 AM
what tecnique could I use to open the ajna chakra?

What I'd suggest is Kriya Yoga initiation and practice. Not only do you get to emphasize the third eye, but you get to work with Kundalini. There was a free class online by Carl Schmidt that can get you started while you are looking for an oppourtunity to receive the initiation.

Diego
28th August 2007, 04:45 AM
Once that i develop last chakras (6 and 7) nothing would b impossible with me?

Or its an exaggeration?

Sorry if i make stupid questions :oops:

Beekeeper
28th August 2007, 08:32 AM
Diego, there are many records of it being true but it may sound easier than it actually is. What is most likely is that you'll see an increase in your psychic abilities.

Korpo
28th August 2007, 09:47 AM

Take note that there may be more than 7 chakras - two above the head have been reported by reliable people (for example Aunt Clair) and 4th Tantien as well.

BTW, tell us a bit where your interest stems from. Do you want to go straight for Siddhis because you think they are cool, or just a general interest, or do you have a pressing need to achieve a specific one?

Take good care,
Oliver

Diego
28th August 2007, 08:03 PM
im not searching an specific one.

Im interest in them because i want to know how it feels, or what can i do, and to be different to the rest of people.

That's why i want to devolp siddhis

Tom
28th August 2007, 08:35 PM
im not searching an specific one.

Im interest in them because i want to know how it feels, or what can i do, and to be different to the rest of people.

That's why i want to devolp siddhis

No one starts out for the "right" reasons, and this really is as good as any. The way things usually go is that by the time you get what you are looking for, you will have changed so that you no longer want it.

Lama Yeshe suggests that if you want to get the siddhis and get them quickly you should focus on the third / navel chakra. That would be because this is the power chakra. The book by Lama Yeshe "The Bliss of Inner Fire" goes into sufficient detail that you can get started.

Diego
28th August 2007, 08:56 PM
In the third chakra?. But in Kundalini Yoga of Sivananda says that is on the third eye/6 chakra.

I repeat:

He who concentrates at Ajna Chakra destroys all the Karmas of the past lives. The benefits that are derived by meditation on this Chakra cannot be described in words. The practitioner becomes a Jivanmukta (liberated man while living). He acquires all the 8 major and 32 minor Siddhis. All Yogis and Jnanis too concentrate to this centre on the Bijakshara, Pranava ! (OM). This is called Bhrumadya Drishti (gaze at the space between the two eye-brows).

Tom
28th August 2007, 09:28 PM
Yes, interesting, isn't it? :)

Another approach still would be to work with the microcosmic orbit meditation from chi kung, which develops all seven main chakras in a balanced way by draining energy from where there is too much to the places which need it most. It would develop the third eye and the third chakra without having one overdeveloped at the expense of the other. That way you won't have to gamble on one being better than the other.

Diego
1st September 2007, 09:31 PM
How can I improve my concentration?

To me, it's very difficult keep my mind in an one only thing.

0range
16th October 2007, 06:18 AM
for concentration..the more you do it the better you'll get. just meditate thats really the best advice. there are many concentration meditation exercises one can do, pick one that you like. visualize a candle, or focus on your breath, or pick a mantra like I AM

Tom, who is your guru? I am interested in kriya yoga myself and am being initiated into it soon by Yogiraj Gurunath of Hamsa Yoga Sangh. did you have to pay a dakshina to the guru? i am a little weary of paying, but feel its worth it for what i shall receive. One thing about bandhas, do you feel that they thoroughly prepare the front channel for awakening? I do spinal breathing but occasionally do microcosmic orbit to work the front channel as well, and i'm wondering why there isn't more emphasis on the front channel in kriya

star
16th October 2007, 07:37 AM

Take note that there may be more than 7 chakras - two above the head have been reported by reliable people (for example Aunt Clair) and 4th Tantien as well.

BTW, tell us a bit where your interest stems from. Do you want to go straight for Siddhis because you think they are cool, or just a general interest, or do you have a pressing need to achieve a specific one?

Take good care,
Oliver

There are many outside the body, some have very wild functions. :)

Martin
17th October 2007, 06:54 PM
Star, would you care to enlighten us, or at least send a link? :lol:

Tom
17th October 2007, 07:30 PM
There is an article where this table comes from:

http://www.iamuniversity.ch/Anchoring-Activating-and,957?decoupe_recherche=chakra

http://www.iamuniversity.ch/IMG/jpg/22chakras.jpg

star
18th October 2007, 03:27 AM
Hmm, I actually can't think of any internet links that hold that info. Although the subject isn't that important. Since its better than some arn't accessed anyway.

Martin
18th October 2007, 12:32 PM
OK, Ok. But when you started about 'wild functions' I just couldn't stop myself from asking. :wink:

Tom
18th October 2007, 03:49 PM
I've read a few times that the main 7 chakras are personal chakras and that the others are inter-personal, meaning that you connect to the larger scale of things through them. Other people, the planet, the solar system, the galaxy, the local cluster, the universe. A bit like in astrology, where the inner planets are fast moving and vary wildly from person to person and the outer planets are going to be in about the same place on the chart for entire generations of people.

star
18th October 2007, 04:55 PM
You can jump between lives with one of them. At least that was the theory when we were discussing what it does. Its outside the body round the back of most people. Then I don't think you'd consider planes chakras, but you can use them to increase power. I need to do more research on planes before I try to explain it though.

CFTraveler
18th October 2007, 05:06 PM
This is really interesting, guys.

iadnon
5th March 2008, 10:30 PM
Hi:

Well, I have not read all the messages, so, maybe, I'm going to echoe some other's information.

When I do a complete NEW session, and I do the head exercises (as described in R.Bruce's last book on energy work), I start to have flashes from a near future. It's not like that TV Shows crap (as in Charmed). It's just like to think about things, and they happen in some days. And they are conscious and pointed out thoughts, not just flash-thoughts. I think that my ajna just aligns with "another" wave length.

If I stop doing the exercises for one day, the effect decreases evidently. I've assumed that that's one of the so called siddhis. It's just funny, and it only occurs with ajna.

star
6th March 2008, 09:52 PM
It depends on how your energy body works, and what sort of structures already exist. Also in part your mental and physical state will depend on this sort of thing and many, many varied variables - My mother could feel death, know when and how. That was just a natural skill.

LuXFluX
12th March 2008, 01:28 PM
Chakras outside the body sound like the assemblage points described by Don Juan. Try a google search. I think he said there were 6 main energy vortexes in the body, and something like 700+ assemblage points outside the body.

Excaliber
14th May 2008, 07:26 AM
You can jump between lives with one of them. At least that was the theory when we were discussing what it does. Its outside the body round the back of most people.

RB mentioned this at the end of his last workshop, when there were only a number of us left. He said he's played with this particular structure a bit and it was what Don Juan referred to as the 'assemblage point'. I wont tell his stories for him though :wink:

fascinating stuff!

i like the chakra chart Tom, i need to remember to use those mantras and see if i notice more of an effect.

I've read a few times that the main 7 chakras are personal chakras and that the others are inter-personal, meaning that you connect to the larger scale of things through them. Other people, the planet, the solar system, the galaxy, the local cluster, the universe.

i like this, seems to ring true somewhere inside me.

if only i could open my 'super galaxy cluster chakra' :D
i'd probably throw a party after something like that, beer and food are on me.

CFTraveler
14th May 2008, 01:55 PM
If you can open your super galaxy cluster chakra the party'll be you!

Tom
14th May 2008, 02:31 PM

This quote is much shorter than the previous one so I will refer to it. As I was saying, the main 7 chakras are personal chakras and the ones above them are trans-personal chakras. Think about this ... whose "super galaxy cluster chakra" are you talking about exactly?

Excaliber
14th May 2008, 03:23 PM

This quote is much shorter than the previous one so I will refer to it. As I was saying, the main 7 chakras are personal chakras and the ones above them are trans-personal chakras. Think about this ... whose "super galaxy cluster chakra" are you talking about exactly?
I'm talking about "our" theoretical Trans-personal super galaxy cluster chakra :lol: , in which would belong to something my feeble mind cannot even comprehend. that "we" would belong to. It would be trans-personal in-so-much as it be-longs to all our persons and then some....

it is still my chakra though (assuming it exists), since from my perspective i am the center of the universe

Think about this ... whose "super galaxy cluster chakra" are you talking about exactly?
better answer... God's

now i'll be thinking about this all day, i hope my mind dosn't explode, or would it implode?

Tom
14th May 2008, 04:41 PM
My suggestion is to be aware of the trans-personal chakras while focussing most of your efforts on your own personal primary and secondary chakras. Your ability to channel energies from the trans-personal chakras will determine your access to them. As a secondary goal you can use energy to form threads connecting your personal chakras to trans-personal chakras. Alternating preparation with tapping into the energies will give you the greatest possible benefit. Preparation consists mainly with transforming or removing anything inconsistent with the energies you will be drawing in. Unfortunately, it is very possible to remove the energies which will be of benefit to you and to bring in things that are not in your highest possible good. The ego maintains itself by making things which are harmful appear to be of benefit and the reverse - so that you get rid of what is useful. This is insanity, but it is a variety we all have to some extent so it appears normal. As a general rule, the path consists of giving up lesser pleasures in favor of greater bliss. There will be a considerable amount of resistance involved. Learning to work through resistance is vital. The funny thing is that with all these words I just spat out it feels like I didn't really say anything meaningful.

star
14th May 2008, 05:28 PM
In my experience I have seen chakras in areas not previously written, that there can be more ex: 2 heart chakras (Both main chakras) and chakras around the body including behind and in front or off in wierd directions. Also energy structures that can be "plugged" into the body to create desired effects such as added energy when working with specific energies. An example of that is a plane of the four elements and spirit in which I have had added into my energy structure, it feeds more of that sort of energy into me when I need it.

Another example of an energy structure that can be added with a specific purpose is an astral bracelet that my HIgher Self gave me to assist the spirits of past lives to stay with my body when I channel or need them for some purpose.

Excaliber
15th May 2008, 03:49 AM
what you wrote rings true though tom,

regarding resistance and the ego getting in the way it seems that every time i try to give up a habit or character trait that isnt in the best interests of my spiritual advancement the universe seems to throw me a double dose, almost as if saying "are you sure you dont want this in your life?"
and if i have the willpower to resist what i know i dont need or want but a part of me enjoys, then its a major release of sorts, like an energy block dissolving and at one level it is an energy block.

very interesting star,

i have not experienced any chakras outside the body like what you describe. Energy structures yes, but nothing i would call a chakra.
(i have spent the last year getting rid of negative structures in my energy body developed from my youth and will no doubt spend the next year doing the same)

i do like those structures/constructs you spoke of. it just goes to show that the possibilities are endless.

Korpo
16th May 2008, 08:28 AM
Excaliber,

indeed all of the habitual patterns manifest as energetic blocks "somewhere", existing at different vibrations in your different energy bodies, shaped by what you hold on. Every pattern, everything you hold on, every change you resist creates an energetic block where you inwardly try to exert a counter-force to natural flow. The intensity of discharging a subtler block such as a strong, maybe core, belief, can be quite a "ride" for the other energetic systems touched by it.

There are also some reports of chakras above the head, sometimes referred to as the 8th and 9th chakras.

Oliver

Aunt Clair
18th May 2008, 09:30 AM
I have read and learned so much from the deceased Dr. Joshua David Stone who developed I am University online and who authored many books and methods of mystic projection . But I am not sure if he authored that chart .
http://www.iamuniversity.ch/IMG/jpg/22chakras.jpg
In any case I disagree with it . I feel that the colours of the energies are correct but the placement is absurd ..merely stacked like pancakes . The energy body grows in balance as above so below , as on the front as on the back , as on the right as on the left . Perhaps the author percieved the growth of each centre and the colour of each subsequent manifesting one they placed one over the other .The body would never grow straight up . The ancient and universal archetype of the tree is apt . The roots grow and the canopy grows in like measure . As the canopy widens the root ball does too .

platinum there is a silver white chakra above the crown
and a silver stone on the upper right side , the moon stone is platinum blue , these are akashic in energy

blue gold chakra secondary chakra seen by looking through the front to that one developing in the rear supposed by many to be a chakral layer , I thought so too until the secondary stones were fully manifested .

violet gold secondary chakra secondary chakra seen by looking through the front to that one developing in the rear supposed by many to be a chakral layer , I thought so too until the secondary stones were fully manifested .

'magneta this is a tertiary stone on the earth level at the right and base area of the energy body

pink gold econdary chakra seen by looking through the front to that one developing in the rear supposed by many to be a chakral layer , I thought so too until the secondary stones were fully manifested .

multi white this is the alpha star point and otherwise named os or aperture above the crown

light violet white this is a secondary chakra above and behind the violet chakra that appears behind the body

light golden white econdary chakra seen by looking through the front to that one developing in the rear supposed by many to be a chakral layer , I thought so too until the secondary stones were fully manifested .

violet pink there is a stone that lights up in the canopy which has been called the I or eye stone , it is above the heaven stone

shimmering gold this stone appears on the right side of the body at the level of other fire stones

pink orange this is a secondary chakra between and behind the red and orange chakras it is in the rear amber star stone

pearlescent this is a stone above and to the left of the chartreuse heaven stone

blue green / this colour aqua is the mother stone behind and below the chartreuse one

seafoam green this placement and colour although I say chartreuse heaven stone, I agree with but it is a stone/tan tien not a chakra

left stones rear stones canopy chakra front stones right stones
magenta I stone /?
white
chartreuse green heaven/emerald
left stones /rear stones/ basal spinal chakras/ front stones/ right stones
lavender
violet
aqua mother/ivory cloud/ violet blue
indigo
periwinkle platinumblue moon / silver
blue
purple universal/ sapphire/ aqua
green
yellow green yellow sun/ gold
yellow
amber star/topaz / orange yellow
orange
orangered salmon red earth /ruby
rose father / ebony red
rose
left stones / rear stones/ sub spinal chakras/ front stones/ right stones

I know little about these side stones beyond their colour and elemental nature . As the magician develops the energy body the new centres are imbibed with light and become manifest . But they must ripen before we can project into or out of them .. Each stone affords a unique energy when the core ripens . Each stone affords a new aspect of self to project out of .Since the body grows in patterned symmetry it would seem that a pair of chakras would be nestled within each side stone too . Each column is one complete hermetic set ;
so on the front chartreuse air , platinum water , yellow fire , salmon red earth
and on the rear aqua air , purple water , amber fire , rose earth

the colours of the phalanges herald the colour of the stones
the colours of the right hand are the colours of the front primary stones
the colours of the left hand are the colours of the left secondary stones
the colours of the right glove are the colours of the right column
the colours of the left glove are the colours of the left column
the colours of the phalanges on the feet are the colours of the stones in the qlippothic hanged man beneath us as our reflection

In conclusion any perceptions of energy body growth that is not balanced in elemental nature and symmetrical vertically and horizontally is suspect .

Tom
18th May 2008, 05:56 PM
It was the first thing I could find fairly quickly. :)