PDA

View Full Version : OBE mantras?

Blue Mage
28th August 2007, 06:59 PM
The other day I read an OBE book, Out of Body exploring by Preston Dennet I think, and he mentioned a mantra he read about from Samael Aun Wor: guom-ruom-om-bour-bur-mama-papa... yeah... sounds funny. They say it is good for turning a lucid dream into an OBE. I tried it last night while having a lucid moment in a dream but it didn't seem to work. Anyone else ever try anything like that? Are specific mantras really that "magical"? Naturally, it's all about belief, but doesn't other people's belief count too?

CFTraveler
28th August 2007, 07:19 PM
I guess it would depend in how many people believe what S.A.W. teaches. Belief aside, it is reported that monks in Tibet use chanting to produce an altered state, which is a good platform for OBE. I think this is due to the frequency of these chants, not to any 'magical' property they may or may not have. Kinda like their own binaural beats.
So,
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/fragend/confused-smiley-013.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ps. I just wanted to add a thought that 'crystallized' in my head after I wrote this reply, and it's not directed at you, just as a general thing- it seems to me that magic should work best when you use your own belief when a specific result is desired- it seems to me that your individual subconscious should be easier to access and change/use than everybody else's. So if you used a mantra that made some sort of sense to you, it seems to me it would be more effective than one that makes sense to someone else. I think this because the superconscious that comes through has no real limits except the ones that you impose on them. In other words, the 'gatekeeper' is yours, not everybody else's.
Just a thought, not even an opinion, fleeting, and changeable as usual.

Blue Mage
28th August 2007, 09:48 PM
The mantra I mentioned, if I understand correctly, is not meant to be said out loud but while dreaming. It worked dramatically well for Preston Dennet or so he reported. I figured chanting mantras like "om" out loud is for exploiting frequency resonance.

I'm pretty confused about other people's belief vs. our own, our own rituals/matras/etc. vs tradition. I mean, I can only go by what other people say not having my own experience. People seem to be all about either one or the other without discussing it in-depth. My guess would that it depends on some degree on persons personality, maybe how much they trust authority, etc.

CFTraveler
28th August 2007, 10:11 PM
I agree.

Astral_Ace
29th August 2007, 02:41 AM
I was using Mantras for inducing OBE's a couple months back but I was met with failure. RB's techniques I found were more successful for me, everyone's different though and what might work for some, might not work for others.

astalguitar419
7th September 2007, 09:03 PM
heres your mantra "there is no skin" I say it when i start to vibrate. its a secret of the masters

astalguitar419
7th September 2007, 09:06 PM
unrelated but the mantra kleem if you say it 108 times a day you start to attact girls. it works really well, try it for a few day

sandrofabres
11th September 2011, 08:37 PM
Well, I think that there are some confusions here.

1- In a mantram technique, pronounce is everything, translations are nothing, because the essence of the technique mantram is the power of the sound, not of the meaning of the words. But in this case, the mantram need be in a language that has this objective properties, and moderns languages have not. Because this, mantrans are always “strange” words and sounds. When we are dealing with meanings, we are dealing with psychology, self-suggestion, mental saturation, or, like is the usual term nowadays: “affirmations”. You need believe in affirmations, but you don’t need believe in mantrans. They are different techniques.They can work too, but psychology is a very different thing, because it is a subjective thing, it depends of the subject. There is a tendency to interpret several traditional techniques using the psychology. Sometimes it is a valuable way of interpret the thing, sometimes it is not. Psychology it is not a panacea.

2- Preston Dennet cites the mantram GAOM-RAOM-etc… not GUOM-RUOM-etc…

I live in Brazil, so my language is Portuguese, that is a “close cousin” from Spanish,the language in which the Samael’s book was written. There is no difference between the sounds of Spanish and Portuguese,so, we can pronounce the mantrans in the Samael’s book like they were written,but it is not valid to English people. The English has different sounds to the same vowels, so, if your language is English you need learn how pronounce correctly the mantrans that appears in Samael`s books. Maybe the “mistake” in writing GUOM RUOM instead GAOM RAOM is not a mistake, but a correction, because in the pronounce of GAOM RAOM, the A sounds like the A in CAR, or like U in GUY, the OM is the usual OM from Sanskrit mantrans.

3- I have the book that Dennet used. The title, if someone is interested, is “LOGOS, MANTRAM AND THEURGY”. I have it in Portuguese and I found a pdf version in English, to check it. I wanted check it because I was a instructor in the Gnostic group some years ago, and I never knew that mantram the Peston Dennet cites. I know the mantram "RAOM-GAOM", that should be used in the moment you is awaking,to help to remember the dreams. You wake and mentally stay repeating it, until the memory began to appear. Using it in this way it really works, but it is only RAOM GAOM ( not RAOM GAOM, probably someone decided to invert the terms, because the english language uses several inverted terms, when compared with the portuguese order of terms) I really never knew about the several other syllables the Dennet cites. And it is not present in none of the 40 books from Samael that I have it ( but Samael wrote more than 100, so maybe it is in some other book). Maybe it can be a addition to the book that Dennet read.

The great problem with the Samael books is that they are usually published by Gnostic groups, not by commercial publishers, so,there is two basic problems:
a) when a Gnostic perceive a error he usually thinks that it is perfect, because “the master wrote so, then probably it is right”, and there are several editions that reproduce and add typographical errors like “mantrans”;

b) there are persons that think that are able to correct or even add some material, a few pages more, a few more techniques, that were not present in the original text. A serious edition and correction is a rare work in the Samael’s books. So, maybe this edition cited by Preston Dennet had some add material, but if you read it you see that Preston Dennet had no believe in it, and even so it worked. This shows that mantram technique have nothing to do with believes. The surprising to me was not that worked, but that he was able to pronounce it right. Maybe his edition had some phonetic instruction (it should be mandatory to books about mantrans), what is great.

An other example like mantrans have nothing to do with believes and meanings is other mantran that appears in the same book, the Belilin (It appears like MANTRIC SONG in the page 34 of English edition that is available to download in 4shared.) The Gnostic groups uses this like a “banishing ritual”, usually before to close the room inside a magic circle. It always sound ridiculous to me, like a “sleep song to child”, and I always feel like a idiot chanting it even mentally, but even so, it worked in the situation when I need of it. In the last week I returned of a astral visit in real-time, in a place one block from my home, and I returned to avoid a conflict, but after enter in the body, the vibrations keep going more than usual, which usually means some cleaning happening. After they vanish, I decided to use the MANTRIC SONG to clean the house and sealed it with the circle, to be sure that I will be a good night of sleep.

When I pronounced the first words, the BELILIN words,the vibrations began and spread by the whole body. Look, tha mantric song begins with the word BELILIN, repeated 3 times ( nobody in the gnostic groups know what this word means) and after it there are some normal sentences that are translated to each language. Only the word BELILIN produced the vibrations,the rest of mantram not.

The rule of practice is to repeat the whole mantric song 3 times, that begin and end with the word BELILIN 3 times. So, I was very surprised in to discover that the vibrations began and accelerated while I pronounce this word 3 times, but fade away while I chant the rest of the mantram. When I begin the next repetition, the vibrations began again! One whole block has 6 repetitions (3 in the beginning and 3 in the end), and each block need be repeated 3 times, so I was able to perceive the vibrations to begin and fade away 6 times! I never knew how and why this mantram should be work, (although some friend once told me that he was able to perceive waves of energy expanding from his body and filling the room when he chanted it, but sincerely,I thought that he was only imaginating) but after this I can understand that it accelerates the vibration rate and we emit this energy like a defensive energy.

Then, once more: in mantram technique, PRONOUNCE IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS, meanings or believes don’t.

Sandro- Brazil

drax
9th November 2011, 03:32 PM
What if i record the mantram and play again and again in a cellphone? its going to work?:confused:

sono2
10th November 2011, 04:40 AM
I have also used SA Weor's mantras, & they DO work. My first intentional AP was through the mantra Laaaaaa RRRRaaaaaa Ssssssss, followed by Belilin, which seemed to set my whole body vibrating. I have also used the conjuration Te vigos cosilim. I agree that the pronunciation needs to be correct, & that mantras are a "sound technology" not a matter of belief. Raom gaom does help with dream recall (although for some reason I do not like this mantra at all)

sono2
11th November 2011, 03:29 AM
Just to add a quick link to this excellent example of chanting a mantra (Om namo baghavate vasudevaya)

http://www.youtube.com/user/mokurai81#p/a/u/1/RuGTpNRXMgE

makati
26th March 2022, 06:00 PM
hi
is it laaa raaa sss or just laaa raaa , from the book it seems there is no sss behind
after laa raaa sss then follow by belilin, how many times u read it?
do u know any website teach the correct pronounciation of those ?
tq

CFTraveler
2nd April 2022, 05:07 PM
hi
is it laaa raaa sss or just laaa raaa , from the book it seems there is no sss behind
after laa raaa sss then follow by belilin, how many times u read it?
do u know any website teach the correct pronounciation of those ?
tq Search YouTube for it and will hear it as it's said correctly.