PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever experience this type of thing ???

carlebrisson
28th August 2007, 07:05 PM
The winter before last, I had started the home gateway program and regularly did my daily exercises following each lesson until I felt I was ready for the next. A few months down the road, I was entering Focus 12 (freeflow I believe) and something happenned that completely terminated my experiments.

One Saturday afternoon, I was feeling slightly tired and decided it would be a good time to lay down and do a few gateway exercises. I proceeded into my small soundproof studio booth (where I practice my meditation) and I started with WaveII "Intro to Focus 12". I was able to get completely relaxed during this session and was ready for the next exercise "Problem Solving". During this particular exercise, everything seemed "normal". I was alert and had not even dozed off (as I often do when I'm too tired) and approximately halfway through the exercise I felt something hit me twice on the right leg between my knee and ankle. It felt as though someone was in the room hitting me with a cushion. This was not a dream nor did it feel like a dream. It felt so real that it scared the hell out of me. I immediately propped my head up and opened my eyes only to see a closed door at my feet and nobody else in the small room with me. When I realized that nobody else was there, my heart started pounding and I got out and told my wife what had happened.

This put an end to my experiments for a long time because the reality of this experience kept me from attempting any further sessions.

This was nearly 2 years ago and I have since convinced myself not to fear this experience and believe to some degree that I was simply sent a message that I was not ready to pursue my journey or that I had things to work out before proceeding any further.

Comments anyone ?

CFTraveler
28th August 2007, 07:33 PM
Only one and this is only a guess. Is it possible that you were experiencing dweller-type symptoms? I have a similar phenomenon when I feel but not see someone pick me up and carry me like in the romantic movies. I can feel a body there, but can't see it. I'm usually in the mind-awake body asleep state and completely aware of what is going on. This used to scare me but now I feel secure in that I won't be harmed. I do think this may be a HS or projected double 'effect'.
I wonder if the general feel of it is the same for you?

carlebrisson
28th August 2007, 07:45 PM
Interesting...
It all happenned so quickly for me and only that one time. I can't really relate it to what you've experienced. All I know is that it was the spookiest thing I've ever experienced. Very reassuring as well for me since I now have some firm personal evidence that there is more going on out there than we are consciously aware of.

dkane
29th August 2007, 12:00 AM
Hi Carly,

If your getting into projection I would get used to it :)

I find my guides are usually waiting for me when I project, and sometimes they do stuff like that to wake me up . I can usually tell which guide Im with that night by the way they "wake" me up. So guides will gently hold my hand, and softly squeeze it- others will right out burts into the room and jump up on down on me. Im quite use to it now, and there is no fear of it. Though I admit that it does actually wake me up sometimes simple due to the shock of someone jumping on me when Im asleep lol!

I projected the other evening to find myself looking at a what looked like a little African boy wearing a pinstripe suit from the 1920's- Ive seen him many times during dream state lessons and projection tests-so i think he is a guide I havent been formally introduced to yet. Anyway I asked my higher self or guide i was with to meet my master guide. The little African boy promptly said my master guide was behind me but I couldnt meet him just yet because I wasnt ready- The boy then said my master guide had something for me and I reached behind me to feel a jumper with a cat inside it. The master guide then placed it in my arms for me to play with for a while.

If I had freaked out about seeing a 3ft African boy dressed up as a 1930's pinstriped gangster 1 ft away from me-then I wouldn't have had such a great experience.

Fear is the first hurdle to overcome-after that everything is simply a matter of investigation.:)

Oh- I think the gift was a clue that the Master guide is actually me. If you have read Monroes book Ultimate Journey he goes through this discovery of him helping himself multiple times. The gift of a cat was a clue for this for me (plus multiple other things to long for this post).

If I was teaching me- I would jump on my bed to wake me up too ;)

imbrium
23rd November 2007, 03:02 AM
One Saturday afternoon, I was feeling slightly tired and decided it would be a good time to lay down and do a few gateway exercises. I proceeded into my small soundproof studio booth (where I practice my meditation) and I started with WaveII "Intro to Focus 12". I was able to get completely relaxed during this session and was ready for the next exercise "Problem Solving". During this particular exercise, everything seemed "normal". I was alert and had not even dozed off (as I often do when I'm too tired) and approximately halfway through the exercise I felt something hit me twice on the right leg between my knee and ankle. It felt as though someone was in the room hitting me with a cushion. This was not a dream nor did it feel like a dream. It felt so real that it scared the hell out of me. I immediately propped my head up and opened my eyes only to see a closed door at my feet and nobody else in the small room with me. When I realized that nobody else was there, my heart started pounding and I got out and told my wife what had happened.

This put an end to my experiments for a long time because the reality of this experience kept me from attempting any further sessions.

This was nearly 2 years ago and I have since convinced myself not to fear this experience and believe to some degree that I was simply sent a message that I was not ready to pursue my journey or that I had things to work out before proceeding any further.

Comments anyone ?

Hi carlebrisson

I am a little late in coming accross this post but would like to reply nonetheless. The first time I experienced an obe, I was ready, very ready and as a result of my willingto explore I believe a being came in to my bedroom put his head against mine and pulled me out of my body which resulted in a lucid dream. This I believe was a "dweller on the threshold" experience.

About 6 months after this I had another dweller experience in which I was being carried by another being who had a paper bag over his head, we walked and walked he was opening one door after another down a corridor. It was not pleasant and I was shouting at the top of my (astral) lungs for him to let me go. I woke up. I was scared for months and similar to you put it out there that I didnt want to do any more astral work. I struggled with the fear on the one hand and on the other my hard to quash passion for astral discovery for about 3 months.... the turning point for me was when I wrote to the being (just in a paper letter) and let him know my fears and asking him to be gentler with me. Slowely my trust came back and now I am back in my rhythm again....

I hope this helps,

imbrium

carlebrisson
10th February 2009, 04:36 PM
Thanks to all who replied to this post. I had forgotten about my post since my discovery of My Big Toe (Theory of Everything).

http://www.my-big-toe.com

I have since read the book and now everything makes sense to me now.

Anyone interested in learning more about OBE and consciousness in general should really check out Tom Campbell's book. I highly recommend this book as a must-read.

There are also lectures on youtube if you want some insight as to what Tom is all about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxECb7zcQhQ

Carle