PDA

View Full Version : Energy conversion?

MysticSage816
29th August 2007, 04:34 AM
Does anyone think it may be possible to use our physical/energy bodies together to convert one type of energy to another? For example, to change our bio-energy into thermal or heat energy? Is this something along the lines of pyrokinesis/cryokinesis? What about turning thermal energy into light energy, or perhaps turning thermal or bio-energy into electricity? This is just an idea I've been toying with to experiment on once I become more proficient with NEW.

Korpo
29th August 2007, 04:38 AM
Ehm, you do this all the time. It is called the act of living. ;)

Your body is driven by electro-magnetic forces. Energy work seems to be strongly driven EM fields your mind creates.

Heat gets created or removed. From air and food essence heat is created through oxigenation and also other kinds of energy, and through the process of sweating you lose heat.

People with more developed energy body or at certain growth phases of the energy body seem to mess up electric devices all the time.

Holy men are reported to have auric halos.

It is both in the more common and everyday stuff and extends all to the miraculous, I say. Have fun exploring it. :)

Oliver

MysticSage816
29th August 2007, 05:53 AM
Hmm, I know what you were saying but I wasn't really talking about doing it through conventional means such as chemical reactions. Darn, it's hard to describe how I do mean it lol. Something like converting one type of energy to another without using the body, I guess. For example, would it be possible to convert one kind of energy to another at a distance, ie out of your body? I guess first you'd have to be able to sense other kinds of energy more acutely and intimately ... *ponders* Also, sweating doesn't convert one kind of energy into another; it's only a transfer of heat :D

Korpo
29th August 2007, 07:38 AM
Sweating is actually a body process that results in exchange of heat. So we go nitpicking... ;)

What you should look into if you are interested in this is - well - magic. All kinds of serious magic seem to busy themselves with working with energy and what it manifests into. Like Hermetic magic and its handling of the elements.

Be not fooled by the "ordinary" nature of body chemistry. It is just one manifestation of higher elemental principles into our physical reality. It is maybe the coarsest form of these principle manifesting, but if you are truly looking for a principle, it might just pay off to start closest where you mind can already comprehend.

Look for Bardon's "Initiation into Hermetics" for a full introduction into a magic school that might teach you what you seem to be looking for.

Good success,
Oliver

CFTraveler
29th August 2007, 01:11 PM
Thanks for articulating what I wanted to say, Korpo- burning calories is as magic as 'turning bioenergy into heat energy' (in fact, it's the same). Even if you are talking about subtle energies, you have to realize that even nonlocal energy is physical in some way. So your energy body is a body, although subtle.
Real transcendence, IMO is not achieved until someone reaches a level of evolution that no one ever comes back to describe, according to Monroe and others that have reported being told this by their Higher Selves.