PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with meditation and energy work

MysticSage816
30th August 2007, 12:36 AM
Well, one recent thread described the problem of not being able to meditate without having energy reactions going on. The problem I have is the opposite! :shock: When I meditate, I get too calm/relaxed to do energy work, and when I do energy work I can't calm down or be in a trance. Any idea of how I could be able to do energy work in a more relaxed state? Thanks!

James

wstein
30th August 2007, 04:14 AM
Try an active meditation rather than a sitting (still) one. I suggest a Buddhist walking meditation or Tai Chi. Also try creating energy balls while lying on your back.

star
30th August 2007, 12:38 PM
It might take you a while to balance. Just do something small. Take a few breaths. Move some energy in your big toe. Take a few breaths move energy in your second toe. take a few breaths, breathe energy into your two toes.

Try baby steps?

Korpo
30th August 2007, 12:40 PM
Do movement Qigong. Or Taiji, but a few "simple" Qigong movements might be easier to learn. Then you don't get "too calm".

Oliver

CFTraveler
30th August 2007, 01:19 PM
Well, one recent thread described the problem of not being able to meditate without having energy reactions going on. The problem I have is the opposite! :shock: When I meditate, I get too calm/relaxed to do energy work, and when I do energy work I can't calm down or be in a trance. Any idea of how I could be able to do energy work in a more relaxed state? Thanks!

James And if you're like me, you'll do energy work in the morning to wake up, and meditate in the evenings to relax. No reason why you should have to do it all at once.
I do 'moving meditation' in the morning sometimes (some taichi and qigong, only a few moves) and I find that it complements energy work.

DM*Cubic
30th August 2007, 09:45 PM
You may want to try an energy work technique that doesn't involve NEW and is more passive. I would imagine that pranayama (energy breathing) might work for you. Imagine that the air around you is glowing with positive energy of whatever color you find most invigorating. Breathe it in using your diaphragm to inhale deeply (but not uncomfortably so), feeling the energy within the air saturating your abdominal energy storage center. When you progress in this practice, you will actually be able to feel the energy from the air rushing through your skin and into your energy body.

If you want to know more about pranayama, I suggest you research it yourself, and maybe talk to Tom - he seems to know a lot about Indian energy practices. My exposition of the practice is a mere caricature of it, given how involved it can get.

Regards,
Chuck