PDA

View Full Version : I died

Shannanigans
31st August 2007, 09:16 PM
I had a dream that I was riding my bike and I got hit by a car and lay dying on the street
Nobody would move me because of a head injury so they called all my loved ones to me. They were standing around and I was able to say goodbye
I must say, it felt so real, even to the point where I started gasping for my last breaths.
Does this sound like a premonition? I am a little freaked out because I bought a bike at the beginning of summer and now I am going to be paranoid whenever I ride it

Mishell
31st August 2007, 09:43 PM
:? That would scare me a little too.

I was wondering if you saw this from the first person or if you were an outside observer.

Korpo
31st August 2007, 10:19 PM
Hey, Shannanigans.

Don't take dreams at face value. Perhaps it has to do more with your attitude to death?

How do you feel about your family - have you unfinished business to settle?

How about the act of saying goodbye - did it make you feel better to do so?

For a real premonition there are some things missing:
Is it really likely they could fetch your family like that?
And why should they not be capable to move you with a head injury - you get a toby collar and they transport you.

Please be careful when driving your bike if it was a warning. And wear a helmet.

Take good care,
Oliver

ButterflyWoman
1st September 2007, 08:05 AM
I had a dream that I was riding my bike and I got hit by a car and lay dying on the street
Nobody would move me because of a head injury so they called all my loved ones to me. They were standing around and I was able to say goodbye
I must say, it felt so real, even to the point where I started gasping for my last breaths.
Does this sound like a premonition? I am a little freaked out because I bought a bike at the beginning of summer and now I am going to be paranoid whenever I ride it

Actually, it sounds to me a bit like a past life memory.

Shannanigans
1st September 2007, 10:57 AM
:? That would scare me a little too.

I was wondering if you saw this from the first person or if you were an outside observer.

Yeah I did...I was experiencing everything first hand, which is what got my attention because usually I am an observer

:? Hey, Shannanigans.

Don't take dreams at face value. Perhaps it has to do more with your attitude to death?

How do you feel about your family - have you unfinished business to settle?

How about the act of saying goodbye - did it make you feel better to do so?

I love my family and I can't really think of anything I would want to tell them except that I love them and goodbye...the act did make me feel better, I just felt very sad to be leaving them. I knew I was dying in my dream and I was OK with it...just a little sad. The reason they couldn't move me was because the back of my head was split open and I was bleeding everywhere...I think it was me who asked them to get my family because I knew I was a goner.
I will be wearing my helmet for sure from now on! Well...in 3 months it will be a snowfilled landscape so biking is almost done until next year anyway

:?
Actually, it sounds to me a bit like a past life memory.

I thought that too but all the people I was saying goodbye to were people I know in this lifetime

ButterflyWoman
1st September 2007, 11:13 AM
I will be wearing my helmet for sure from now on!

Maybe that's what the dream was about, then. Something startling enough to make you pay attention to things like wearing your helmet? A sort of "what could be" that you can prevent.

Shannanigans
1st September 2007, 11:21 AM
you are probably right
I never wore it before but I will now
so perhaps it WAS just a warning

Beekeeper
1st September 2007, 11:26 AM
Shannigans,

It may have been a warning dream or simply a symbolic dream. We can die in our dreams as we transition through stages of our lives. I've died in many dreams and I'm still here, so I wouldn't worry beyond ensuring my riding safety if I were you.

As a slightly different spin on the past life scenario, it could be a parallel life event you experienced in your dream.

Shannanigans
2nd September 2007, 01:36 AM
Interesting idea about transition Beekeeper
I am going through somewhat of an emotional transition so perhaps it means my old self is "dying"?
the parallel life thing is kind of freaky