PDA

View Full Version : HEMI SYNC CDs - training tool?

rtky
1st September 2007, 02:54 AM
This may be a very basic question (apologies), but i did not see any answer anywhere yet.

Are hemi sync cds a "training tool" to achieve OBE?
I mean we practice with it to achieve OBE faster, then once OBE is mastered cds are not necessary?

Robert

HeavyFlea
1st October 2007, 05:38 PM
Hemi-sync uses 'binaural beats', google that and check out the wikipedia link that will describe it in full.

Basically it's using two tones in each ear to produce one central frequency. The idea is to match the frequency with what the brain naturally does when in altered states.... such as relaxation. (Certain frequencies are associated with relaxation, obe, etc.)

Robert Bruce's Mastering Astral Projection also uses binaural beats, but hemi-sync is Monroe's baby and been around a long time. I believe the Gateway series or the Gateway Voyage program is more the training tool while other hemi-sync discs will play the tones for a certain outcome and you can listen to them... probably more useful after Gateway.

I'm actually going to order the Gateway discs myself... perhaps I'll do some kind of review.

Deadliner
9th October 2007, 12:57 PM
The Hemi-Sync Gateway program is developed by the Monroe Institute as a product that appeals to everyone who wants to practice OOBE on their own. It is based on experiments they have been using extensively at their facilities in the institute. At some time they came to the point that they can sell this program to everyone who's interested.

Using the Gateway program on your own, is quite different than going to Monroe Institute and do the program there. That is, IMHO, because when you go to a place specifically designed to induce OOBEs, have personnel deal with you and attend talks about OOBEs, be part of a group that studies OOBEs and experiments daily, all this helps induce an OOBE since the psychological factor plays a tremendous role.

But most important to me is the fact that when someone is experimenting at the Institute, they bio-feedback, which is absent when you're practising in your own home. Biofeedback means that you're place in a dark, silent room and you're wired. A monitor person in the other room tracks your heart beat, respiration rate, EEG sign and mind frequencies etc, so to guide you into the experience. That means that you can take your time to relax, to enter the trance and all the other stuff that is required.

I've never been to the Monroe Institute of course. All this information is based on what I've read in Monroe's books. When I first tried the Gateway program, I was a bit disappointed by it since it didn't help me a lot. I think the main reason for this is the lack of biofeedback or any form of adaptation of the excercise to the individual's needs.

For example, in the beggining of every excercise there is a series of steps to do, then relax yourself and reach Focus 10, which is the entry point to the rest of the excercise. You are given a few minutes to do this, which I find is not enough. So when Monroe speaks again to guide me in the rest of the excercise, I am not prepared for it and it usually fails to work the way it should.

In this point I have to mention (in case it's not known) that all the Gateway excercises are guided ones. That is, there is a voice in the tape that guides you what to do. The voice in the first waves is that of Robert Monroe himself, although I've read that in the last one or two waves it's another one (perhaps Monroe died before completing them? I don' know). Guided excercises are good, in a way, since you're being directed in what to do, so you're not alone out there.

Something else about the Gateway program that should be mentioned, is that not all excercises are directly related to OOBE. Many of them are intended to enhance your well being, to improve yourself etc. It's a bit disappointing IMHO to buy the first two waves and find out that you're not yet directed to go OOBE. There are some first separation excercises in wave III, if I am correct. Studying the names of the excercises, it's not too clear when you're supposed to exit your body.

Having said all this, I do not condemn the Gateway program nor do I say that it's not good or it's not working. Personally, the program has helped me achieving a trance state and maybe have a spontaneous kind of OOBE here and there. I haven't used it a lot, I'm still in wave II, so maybe someone more experienced could share info with us.

Now, when you have learned and mastered the tools that are provided in the CDs, then you do not need to listen to them in order to perform the excercises yourself and have the desired experiences. So once you have trained well, you're supposed to be going OOBE without needing the CDs. However, if you don't listen to them then there is no brainwave entrainment, it's just you in the silence. It would be nice IMHO if the CDs included a pure binaural beat track to use when you're on your own.

Regarding brainwave entrainment, I also suggest the use of BWgen (Brainwave Generator) for Windows users of SBaGen for Mac (and Linux I think). There are free presets available on the internet that are supposed to induce trance and help OOBEs, and if you buy Robert Bruce's book you also get the companion CD with BWgen presets. Listening to pure binaural beats can be quite effective at times.

I know it's a bit risk since you can't try before you buy (at least not legally), and that mostly goes to the Gateway program which is rather expensive. If you're interested into it, I can give you more information about the excercises that are included in each Wave and their corresponding descriptions, so you know a bit more of what you're interested to buy. You can always PM me about it.

I hope this helps a bit!

HeavyFlea
10th October 2007, 01:15 AM
If you go to the Monroe institute for Gateway it's the Voyage and the Cd's is called the Gateway Experience.

Both are expensive, but relatively for the experience gained it's not all that bad. Money probably better spent than a new 60" plasma or something like that.

I have heard that it's important not to have expectations when entering the program. Everyone's experience is different, depending on what you need. It's not necessarily a program for OBE's. There's a cd set called Journey's out of Body, named after the book that is designed primarily for that. (also hemi-sync) Or Robert's stuff is great for astral projection / OBE's.

I have the CD's now, I'd much rather go and experience it at the institute but with travel costs etc. It's a little much, but someday I will go. I read the combined energy of all the participants has an compounding effect (as suggested by Maureen Caudill in her book)

So far I'm working on Wave 1 and been having weird dreams and remembering details like I never have before. If I have and OBE, great, but I'm trying not to 'pre-load' my brain with expectations that could possibly taint my experiences. They actually say on the website not to come expecting an OBE.