PDA

View Full Version : YOUR kidding me!!!!!!

seniraesda
1st September 2007, 10:44 AM
I ordered Energy work of Amazon about 6 weeks ago... and ive just now recieved a sorry-for-the-delay message... Now it tells me the estimated time of arrival will be JANUARY 2008.....

Is there anywhere i could order it sooner? none of my local stores have it.

Rhone
1st September 2007, 01:27 PM
Weird, I had a similar experience trying to get the book from a local Borders. I saw, from checking their inventory on-line, that they supposedly had it in stock. When I went to the store, they said they had received it but it wasn't unpacked and put on the shelf yet. They let me "reserve" it, making it sound like they would hold it for me when it was unpacked and call me to come and get it.

I called a few days later and found out that what they really meant was they were ordering another copy for me, and the copy they already had was bought by someone else after they shelved it. I called a few more times over the next few weeks, every time being told that it was strange that they hadn't received my copy yet, but it should be there any day now. I originally ordered it back in the middle of June, and now it's September!

Fortunately I managed to find the book at another book store further away, but I haven't called to cancel my order with Borders because I'm curious to see if it will ever arrive. The funny thing is, I thought to myself "I should have just ordered it from Amazon", but now they're not delivering to you.

Anyway, since Amazon is screwing you, I suppose you have two options:

1. Ask a local book store to order it for you (which didn't work out well for me; though I've had a local new age book store order a book for me before, and they received it quickly).

2. Order it from somewhere else on-line. Try http://www.abebooks.com -- they list on-line book sellers in order of price, and you can often find prices lower than Amazon.

Tempestinateapot
1st September 2007, 05:36 PM
I received my book from amazon.com in early June, and had ordered it in April. If you decide to get it from somewhere else, I would recommend canceling the order at Amazon. Otherwise, you will end up with 2 copies when Amazon gets their next shipment in.

Blue Mage
4th September 2007, 12:00 AM
That estimated date of arrival is probably not accurate. I orderd the energy work book from amazon less than a month ago and it came in a timely fashion, as have the rest of the books I have ever ordered from amazon. They probably just lost your order and now it's on its way.