PDA

View Full Version : Burning calories

magic
16th October 2005, 07:08 PM
When performing NEW and moving energy trough your body does that require real energy from the body as in burning more calories, I´m weightlifting so I have to eat a lot, I´m just wondering If I have to eat more if I´m doing NEW energy work too ??

Tom
16th October 2005, 07:51 PM
It would make sense that anything based on energy would require food, because the NEW system is not really clear about where that energy comes from. Food is only one way of taking energy in. NEW is another. When you place your attention somewhere, you draw energy into tha point. It does not come from the food you eat. We are actually surrounded by energy at all times and in all places. It is like the atmosphere and taking in air by breathing. The more experience you have from something like NEW, the better you will get at perceiving energy directly both in yourself and outside of yourself. At that point it becomes much clearer where the energy comes from to do NEW. You will not need more food to do NEW.

Apex
17th October 2005, 02:03 AM
Astral Dynamics says that energy is gathered naturally, daily, through the secondary energy centers. The energy itself comes from the environment and possibly other people.

kevstar
23rd October 2005, 05:48 AM
I'd say that, I agree with the other two, and energy is sucked up from the atmosphere, though NEW might burn some calories, but you don't get all hot and sweaty doing it, so it would probably be negligable.

In other words, don't worry about it.

tyciol
28th October 2005, 04:59 AM
NEW requires thinking, and thinking burns up glycogen and such things (the brain can burn 20-40% of calories sometimes I think, depends), so yeah, it will, but I'm not sure if it would be less or more than any regular thinking, which varies a lot anyway. Beyond that...

I'm not sure. Creating energy requires it, yes, but RB's description implies that while you can get energy from food, it doesn't sound like the kind you burn if you can also get it from breathing and grounding and all that. Some kind of 'life energy' I think, which may be related to the sunlight and water and soil all food comes from.