PDA

View Full Version : headaches

Moogle_Assassin
17th October 2005, 02:09 PM
Anyone got a good NEW technique for headaches? I am on the 4th day of a bad one.

sash
17th October 2005, 02:46 PM
Interesting.
I was going to post here about headaches earlier, but thought there might not be much info about it available.

Using NEW energy, seems to attract more to the headache rather than remove it, in my experience anyway.

A technique I have been experimenting with is swirling sensation around where the pain is using the water element, or alternatively imagining rain dropping/showering running down along your scalp as healing energy (water element also). These have resulted in somewhat relief but not complete alleviation.

Also, if headaches are a result of prior energy work (especially in the third eye area) I would recommend not meditating or doing energy work in that area until the headache subsides and that energy area is given time to stabilize.

Sorry I could not provide more helpful info, this obstacle is one I am facing myself too.

Warm Regards,
Sasha

17th October 2005, 11:21 PM
I urge you to pray to Blessed Alphonsa of India. Her intercession is very powerful, for she suffered herself. I shall pray as well.

Blessed Alphonsa, praise the Lord...
For His mercy endures forever!
See Blessed Alphonsa in Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blessed_Alphonsa)…

Moogle_Assassin
18th October 2005, 12:33 AM
thats allright, its just a headache. I was hopeing for more of a home cure that I could do my self.

Apex
18th October 2005, 02:22 AM
Prayer is a home cure.

Moogle_Assassin
18th October 2005, 02:23 AM
I ment I don't need people praying for me. I want an energy technique so not only am I healing my self, but I am practicing healing.

Quantitativefool
18th October 2005, 03:05 AM
Ahhh

Well, I'll pray for you anyways.

But for a technique, just try basic meditations, those seem to go well, also, if you are familiar with quantum-touch or any form of energy manipulation, put your hands on opposite sides of your head and run energy into it for 3-5 minutes. It's usually pretty relaxing and stuff..

Good luck and best wishes,
-Stu

Celeborn
18th October 2005, 03:22 AM
I agree, using NEW on your head while you have a headache has only made them worse for me. However, if the headache is stemming from somewhere else in your body (such as a back problem) then by working on the problem with NEW you should be able to get rid of the headache.

I think training yourself in full body relaxation and light trance is much better then NEW for headaches.

I am of the opinion that many forms of headache are energetic in origin, and not biological. I believe this because of how easy it is to empathically feel other peoples headaches just by being near them. Also I have had some experience with pulling a headache out of someone else and into myself. I do not recomend this however...as it was VERY difficult for me to remove this style of headache afterwards on the few ocassions that I have used it.

This ability seems to suggest that headaches have a primarily energetic nature (which is supported by how we know that stress effects them).

sash
18th October 2005, 03:55 AM
An alternative to NEW might be searching for the root cause of the headache, like all illness or disease has. If you have any idea where it originated from more specific advice might be available.

Also, more energy-related responses might be available if a similar post is included in another forum other than healing. I had a thread like this on the pulse, asking for help from moving energy stuck in my third eye elsewhere, as this is my primary source of headaches - however this is not the same for everyone and I've found many physical body solutions (ie, massage, acupuncture etc) are effective against "traditional" headaches.

Another note on healing headaches, is that I've found one effective method is when someone pulls the headache from you but then acquires it themselves, which is one reason I have against asking for healing as such.

Warm Regards,
Sasha

26th October 2005, 06:49 AM
Moogle_Assassin,

I have gotten rid of my nasty migraines by doing a combination of NEW and Pranic Healing (books written by Choa Kok Sui). Neither of these individually got rid of my headaches but the combo gets rid of them and keeps them away. If I start to get one, I can make it go away immediately with these technqiues.

I cup my hand or my astral hand (or imaginary hand) and scoop energy away from the part of my head that hurts using a motion like you are dusting crumbs from a table and throw it on the ground and imagine that light green fire disintegrates it (remember to extinguish the imaginary fire with imaginary water). Pranic Healing also recommends throwing "dirty prana" into salt water and then flushing it down the toilet. Anyhow, scoop 5 times and throw and do this several times. Run you hand under running water for a while afterwards or spray with alcohol.

This combined with the Full Body Circuit, circulates the energy in the energy body. Adding energy only increases the headache. The headache is there due to blockage. Circulate the energy consistently to help remove the blockage. If I don't have time to concentrate on the full body circuit, I just imagine the energy from the head being dragged down to the subnavel store area a few times.

Hope this helps, let me know if it works.

Mira

Dragon's Daughter
26th October 2005, 01:23 PM
Ok, got some techniques for you. Seek if they work.

From Donna Eden's book, Energy Medicine:

How to Rid Yourself of Chronic Heaches:

The following Headache Isometric Press helps overcome and prevent headaches (time - about 2 minutes):

1. Sitting, relax your shoulders. Tilt your head to the right, bringing your ear close to your right shoulder.

2. Place your right palm against the right side of your head. Take a deep breath in as you press your hand and your head against one another. Push hard while holding your breath.

3. Slowly but completely releasing your breath, drop your hand and stretch your head closer to your right shoulder. Repeat 2 more times.

4. Repeat on the left side 3 times.

5. With your head straight, place the pads of your fingers on the bones at the bottom of your head. Take a deep breatk in and isometrically push your fingers and your head together.

6. Drop your hands into your lap and open your jaw as you release your breath, jut your jaw out, pulling you lower teeth up to your top jaw. Release your breath, open your mouth and let your jaw relax.

7. Tighten your jaw one more time. As you release your breath, let your head drop forward on your chest.

8. Take a deep breath in, with the pads of your fingers pushing your head upward as your head continues to push down. Release your fingers with your outbreath and allow your head to drop further downward. Repeat twice. On the last time, as you let your breath out, lock your fingers behind your head and allow your elbows to pull your head downward.

If that doesn't get rid of it - PM me, I have more on how to relieve allergy headaches, sinus drainage, tension headaches... So you might need a different technique.

I hope it helps!!

Dragon's Daughter

26th October 2005, 09:37 PM
Moogle_Assassin,

I have gotten rid of my nasty migraines by doing a combination of NEW and Pranic Healing (books written by Choa Kok Sui). Neither of these individually got rid of my headaches but the combo gets rid of them and keeps them away. If I start to get one, I can make it go away immediately with these technqiues.

I cup my hand or my astral hand (or imaginary hand) and scoop energy away from the part of my head that hurts using a motion like you are dusting crumbs from a table and throw it on the ground and imagine that light green fire disintegrates it (remember to extinguish the imaginary fire with imaginary water). Pranic Healing also recommends throwing "dirty prana" into salt water and then flushing it down the toilet. Anyhow, scoop 5 times and throw and do this several times. Run you hand under running water for a while afterwards or spray with alcohol.

This combined with the Full Body Circuit, circulates the energy in the energy body. Adding energy only increases the headache. The headache is there due to blockage. Circulate the energy consistently to help remove the blockage. If I don't have time to concentrate on the full body circuit, I just imagine the energy from the head being dragged down to the subnavel store area a few times.

Hope this helps, let me know if it works.

Mira
Yes, the Microcosmic Orbit, storing energy in the navel should help remove pressure from the head.

journyman161
27th January 2007, 08:22 AM
A couple of practical methods for dealing with headaches...

Method 1:
With your thumb & forefinger, find & press the junction (on the other hand) of the thumb & forefinger. Press in the V where the bones meet. Press firmly, enough to almost cause pain. Wiggle your fingers on the spot a little, like you're massaging it. Do this for at least 30 seconds - a minute is better. Then swap hands and repeat.

Method 2:
Place the fingernails of your right hand under the fingernails of your left hand & push for 1 minute. Again, push hard enough to almost hurt.
Change over hands so the fingernails of your left hand are pressing under those on the right hand for 1 minute.
Then place your thumb behind your upper front teeth, on the gum, & pull firmly outwards as though you're trying to flick out your teeth. Do this for 1 minute.

These methods work on any headache that doesn't have an ongoing physical cause. I haven't had any astral ones but I would think, as they rely on pressure points, they should work for those as well.

CFTraveler
27th January 2007, 04:28 PM
Put your feet in water as hot as you can handle without burning you. Or get a foot massage. That has relieved many a headache for me.

chrystalpaths
28th January 2007, 11:16 PM
Lapis Lazuli is especially good for these bad headaches. I also use the accupressure and dark with warmth.

2nd February 2007, 12:41 AM
Put your feet in water as hot as you can handle without burning you. Or get a foot massage. That has relieved many a headache for me.
You think with your feet?

CFTraveler
2nd February 2007, 02:39 AM
You think with your feet? And what does this have to do with thinking? :?

When you heat the feet, the blood flow will go that way relieving the pressure on the head. This doesn't improve some headaches, but it has worked on 2 out of 3 of them for me.

2nd February 2007, 03:29 PM
You think with your feet? And what does this have to do with thinking? :?

When you heat the feet, the blood flow will go that way relieving the pressure on the head. This doesn't improve some headaches, but it has worked on 2 out of 3 of them for me.
I was really just joking. I have the greatest respect for reflexology and really agree that foot work can help headaches.

I would also note that I use my whole body to think. In fact, I probably could profit from thinking on my feet, since they are a source of pain to me.

Hmmm... That makes me wonder. Maybe if I massage my head it will help with my foot pain. What do you think?

journyman161
3rd February 2007, 05:26 AM
Hmmm... That makes me wonder. Maybe if I massage my head it will help with my foot pain. What do you think?:grin: Maybe if you do it with your feet??? :lol:

9th February 2007, 02:19 AM
Hmmm... That makes me wonder. Maybe if I massage my head it will help with my foot pain. What do you think?:grin: Maybe if you do it with your feet??? :lol:
You always come up with the best ideas...

Pathedpe
4th March 2007, 10:28 AM
if something causes a headache, I simply breathe slow and deep the color BLUE..... usually takes a few deep breaths for the headache to subside, but it works much better than any pill