PDA

View Full Version : Maya?

Chris_com28
8th September 2007, 08:49 PM
Over a year ago something very strange happened to me. To this day I still don't know exactly what happened. I can guess at what happened but not why. I'm not specifiaclly asking for answers. I think I really just want to mention it to someone who understands.

It started of with being in a good mood. Back then it wasn't really common as I have depression. Anyway I had got back from indoor climbing lessons and was feeling paticually good as I have vertigo. When I got back I had this strange thing of thinking of the good behind everything that happens to me.

Later I was watching TV and was still in a really good mood. I never really laughed that much at a comedy, even if I thought it was really good. I also watched a few really good TV programs, any I need to explain my state more at this time.

I also had incredible amounts of energy. I usually just laze about procrastinating but during that time I was doing anything that had to be done. I also wroke up early every day full of energy. What followed was even stranger.

I mentioned on another topic that I had phonophobia. Basically it's a sensitivity to certain sounds. Anyway I noticed it didn't bother me as much but when I found it too much I would focus on my higher chakras (heart, throat, anja & sarashara).

I noticed that when I done it I entered a really strange altered state. I became aware about how the world was an illusion. This reality became about as real as a dream. It's a strange feeling when it happens. I felt like this reality was in a giant bubble with everyone trapped in it. I also felt that my real self what outside of this bubble. Like when you're dreaming an are aware of it. You feel that you're basically in the earth (or deep in something like that) and your real self is out of that place. Actually how I used to OBE was that technique. When I was dreaming I becasme aware of my real self and I would end up in my bed trying to float out of my bed. It's also very similar to how I escape from nightmares.

Anyway this ended after about 5 days. I suddenly had a really bad feeling in my gut. This led me to sleeping all day and when I woke up I developed a flu. I also would like to add that during my strange exerience I had this strange feeling in my gut. It seemed very much emotional realted. It's like there was this deep emotional distrubance that I somehow awakened.

Anyway, this ended and I was very disapointed, but after my flu a got a bit better. So a while ago I was reading a Wikipedia article about the sarashara chakra. I literally knew nothing about it. I read something there about it representing detachment from illusion. I think that best describes my experience. Since then I believe that what I basically had done was activated my crown chakra. I have never experienced anything as extreme as this and have been wanting to experience it ever since.

Think of it what you will. I actually feel quite crazy writing this out but I feel someone here may help me understand it more.

Korpo
8th September 2007, 09:46 PM
Hello, Chris_com28.

What you may have felt is that the world as we know it actually is illusion, but there for a purpose. You're not trapped, but more like here to learn. And the "outside self" is your Higher Self assisting you in learning the lessons.

You became more aware of the circumstances you are in. That surely is a sign of growth. Very often spiritual growth is accompanied by glimpses into states you have not yet attained but will along your path. Later on you may stabilise and fully access these experiences you describe, but the glimpses are important as well. They make us go on.

Take good care,
Oliver

ButterflyWoman
9th September 2007, 02:40 AM
I was reading a Wikipedia article about the sarashara chakra. I literally knew nothing about it. I read something there about it representing detachment from illusion. I think that best describes my experience.

I was quite intrigued and had a look in Wikipedia. Couldn't find anything about this. Possibly the article has been removed or merged... ? If you've still got the link, I'd love to see it.

Oh, and I don't think you're crazy. No crazier than I am, anyway. I've not had precisely the experience you have, but have had a couple that were quite similar, one very recently (walking around actually seeing that reality as we think of it is illusion, kinda cool). So, hey, doesn't sound like crazy talk to me!

Rhone
9th September 2007, 01:16 PM
The Wikipedia article is there, Chris just misspelled Sahasrara (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sahasrara).

Don't get too excited, though; it's just another word for the crown chakra.

Chris_com28
9th September 2007, 01:23 PM
I know, I guess trapped isn't a very good descripion, though it does feel like that sometimes. I've always had the cognitive understanding of the maya (mostly of how you should always a certain amount of detachment from reality) and how life is just a lesson. I guess I've been overdue for a spiritual understnading of it. Though I wish I was able to bring back new answers.

It's interesting. As I was typing this I realised that what I experienced was also my higher self. I never really thought about it to then.

You became more aware of the circumstances you are in. That surely is a sign of growth. Very often spiritual growth is accompanied by glimpses into states you have not yet attained but will along your path.
That is very true. Over the years I've come to accpet that my problems are all pretty much my causing. I was responisble to what I done to myself. I also feel like I'm affecting reality with the things that I hold on to. My big challenge at the momment is learning to let go of all the pain I hold on to. I really wish my higher self would help me more with this.

Well the experiences will reapear. Though I'm going to have to work hard. I'm determined to at least make some progress in this life.

Thanks for the replies. It helps a lot to have people understand your experiences. Good luck with your journey as well.

Chris_com28
9th September 2007, 01:29 PM
I was quite intrigued and had a look in Wikipedia. Couldn't find anything about this. Possibly the article has been removed or merged... ? If you've still got the link, I'd love to see it.
I see it's not as easy as it once was to find. It's a shame because Wikipedia has quite an interesting collection of article on chakras.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sahasrara

Oh, and I don't think you're crazy. No crazier than I am, anyway. I've not had precisely the experience you have, but have had a couple that were quite similar, one very recently (walking around actually seeing that reality as we think of it is illusion, kinda cool). So, hey, doesn't sound like crazy talk to me!
That's good. I guess it's always hard describing something very personal to you that has such an affect on you. I'm interested in reading your experience if you care to share. It would be interesting if other people post thiers here as well, though it was origionally for me to understand what happened then.

ButterflyWoman
9th September 2007, 02:28 PM
Oh, I've written about some of them here. I've actually got a whole catalog of unusual (well, unusual to most people; not so unusual to folks here ;)) experiences, starting from a very young age.

The most recent was after reading a post here on enlightenment and I suddenly realised that in order to progress I had to give up my resentment and bitterness for the rather painful life I've had to endure (or lives, if my apparent past life memories are to be believed), and the way to do that was to just accept that all of it, pain and otherwise, was necessary to make me able to accept enlightenment.

So I did. :) Just like that, I just sort of saw my goal (unity with God, to put it succinctly) and I knew that it WAS worth any price, even multiple lives of pain and anguish, if that pain and anguish shaped me into a vessel capable of receiving enlightenment. Seeing that was what made me able to just release all of that resentment and bitterness. Just gone. Pretty amazing (and years of psychological counselling couldn't do anything nearly as good as that!).

I was immediately filled with bliss and I walked around seeing how we leave energy trails (sort of like "mouse trails" on a computer) and how the material world is an illusion and how we're all co-creators with God. I had some insights on the nature of God, or, rather, on the nature of humans trying to conceptualise God (the basic thing is that God is MUCH bigger, better, and way more awesome than any human mind can comprehend). I could see God in EVERYTHING. Every cell, every molecule, every sub-atomic particle, it was amazingly beautiful. I couldn't stop smiling. :)

The bliss did wear off, as it must (you don't get a lot done when you're seriously blissed out, I've found), and I can't really see the energy any more, though I remember well enough what it looked like. I also can't really see most of that other stuff, but I'm happy to say I remember it very well, and that's what matters. The truth of it is still there, even with my monkey mind and the sinus headache that's been bothering me all day (allergies, ugh).

I don't think I've quite achieved enlightenment, but I am absolutely confident that I will achieve it in this lifetime. Or die trying, heheh. ;)

Korpo
9th September 2007, 02:43 PM
This forum keeps on amazing me. All you people have experiences that often quite strongly to what is happening to me. Often enough at similar times. That's weird, and great, too.

I, too, have now to let go of all the old pain, resentment and negativity to fully enjoy the life I have and will have. It is not nice to face it down, but believe me, the results will be worth it. :D

OlderWiser,

you are right. This state of Oneness you perceived is at the root of many meditation schools, including my own Taoist one, where they call this Universal Consciousness. Which pervades everything, is the ultimate nature of the Universe.

I remember some fabulous experiences of what is possible, too, and they did renew my will to go on and commit myself to this path.

Chris_com28,

your Higher Self is trying to help you all the time in order for you to learn your lessons for this life time. Yes, we are not trapped, but certain restrictions need to apply for us to go through the learning process. Sometimes it is hard. It is, however, not always hard. ;) Your Higher Self is always there for you and might be more present in your life than you think. I was quite amazed at how I found it in my life when taking a closer look at intuition.

Take good care,
Oliver

Chris_com28
11th September 2007, 03:49 PM
Well I guess it's all down to how clearly you see your life. You may look at it and see a mess, but with clear vision you may see the messages teeling you to change and what to do. Though personally I think a more stable connection with your higher self is a requirement to see past the confusion.

This kind of reminds me of Evan Almightly. If you haven't seen the movie I won't spoil it for you, but it's worth watching in my opinion as it was quite good.