PDA

View Full Version : I finally managed to meditate....

Sleeping Cookie
9th September 2007, 08:15 AM
I feel I have to share with you an amazing experience I had this week-end.

For a year now, since I started showing interest in out of body experiences, meditations and much more areas, I felt some kind of blockage. I bought both of Robert Bruce books (Astral Dynamics and MAP), but the moment the book arrived to the practical stuff, I just couldn't do it. So meanwhile I read a lot, enriching myself with theories.
A few weeks ago, a good friend of mine that is also a reiki master told me she was going to teach reiki 1 and 2. I told her immediately I wanted to participate and also convinced my husband. After the course I have one thing to say - WOW... this was overwhelming...
On the first day (reiki 1), we meditated and during the meditation she also performed the tuning. It was an amazing experience. For the first time in my life I actually managed to meditate. I also met my spirit guide. I didn't see him, but I heard him loud and clear. It was an amazing experience. I felt like I was talking to myself in a way. The experience made me understand that I can do it. I can meditate, and consequently I can start practicing OBE.
This of course is beside the fact that I graduated reiki 2. My husband and I will first practice on each other until we feel ready to treat others. I feel much more energised and much more confident of my abilities now.

Korpo
9th September 2007, 08:22 AM
Congratulations, Sleeping Cookie. :D

So, will you give NEW a try to, or do you already have enough on your plate for now?

Good success,
Oliver

Sleeping Cookie
9th September 2007, 08:39 AM
Thank you Oliver...

Well, I also bought the new Robert Bruce energy book. Unfortunately because I didn't manage to practice anything before, it was just lying on a shelf for 2 months.
From what I understand NEW is not very far from reiki. After all it's about transmitting energies. Am I wrong?

Korpo
9th September 2007, 08:54 AM
Cannot really say, because I don't know about Reiki. But NEW has components for moving energy, for stimulating the energy body, for helping balancing energies and for removing blockages. It's in that sense a smorgasbord of techniques I'd say.

Oliver

Sleeping Cookie
9th September 2007, 09:04 AM
Sounds not far from reiki... since I'm already into that I will give it a try...

Rhone
9th September 2007, 02:11 PM
Reiki and NEW both involve energy, obviously, but they use very different methods and they serve different purposes (unless you're talking specifically about healing using NEW). They can, however, complement each other, and practicing NEW regularly could improve your ability with Reiki.

In Reiki, the idea is that a Reiki Master "attunes" you to Reiki, which is supposed to be a special energy only accessible by the attunement (something I disagree with, but I won't try to convince you of that). This attunement involves stimulating upper chakras and (energetically) drawing Reiki symbols on them. The practice of Reiki involves placing hands in various locations and just "letting" the energy flow. Sometimes symbols are used by visualizing them or drawing them with fingers. There are no exercises taught for developing the energy body; all improvement in one's ability is gained through attunements and practicing the actual act of healing. What troubles me about this is that, in both the attunements and the Reiki healing process, energy is only flowing through the higher chakras and arms. There is no energy flow below the heart chakra, so energy body development is, IMO, very unbalanced.

NEW, though it can be used very effectively for healing, is primarily about effectively developing the entire energy body. This is useful for anything and everything you would want to use energy for (healing, projection, clairvoyance and clairaudience, manifestation, protection, etc.). NEW involves using body awareness to consciously move energy through the body, which improves your ability to move energy and clears blockages.

If you practice NEW regularly, then you should have a stronger and more effective energy flow when you practice Reiki. Think of Reiki as a sport, and NEW as hitting the gym and track to make yourself stronger, faster, and leaner.
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/sport/sport-smiley-001.gif http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/sport/sport-smiley-007.gif http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif