PDA

View Full Version : very lucid dream?!

Sapient
11th September 2007, 08:59 PM
Me and my wife had layed down for a nap i am on a drug for anxiety called vistaril it makes me sleepy..i had a dream within a dream..i dreamed my wife got up and went to the couch down the hall so i watched her and i began to focus on her face her faced turned into my mothers who passed away and then another person i don't know..it hit me that i was dreaming!! i knew i was dreaming and i thought i think i have learned how to have OBE's at that exact moment it felt as if my whole body was tingling violently with electricity the vibrations were so hard im wondering how they didnt wake me...then i thought NO im not gonna have a OBE so i tried to stop and wake myself up. So i am trying to wakeup and realizing its not working each attempt to close my eyes didn't work..so then i thought hey im awake now i jumped up to tell my wife what had happen she was still laying in the bed then i realized i am still dreaming..i then layed back down and focused hard on waking and boom i was awake and back into the real world?? crazy dream??

CFTraveler
11th September 2007, 09:14 PM
I'd say false awakening, due to your failure to completely awaken (possibly because of the meds?) would be my guess.
What I'm curious about is why you didn't want to go OB, and if seeing your mom's face on your wife's is what made you lucid.

Sapient
11th September 2007, 09:56 PM
I'd say false awakening, due to your failure to completely awaken (possibly because of the meds?) would be my guess.
What I'm curious about is why you didn't want to go OB, and if seeing your mom's face on your wife's is what made you lucid.

it truely felt so real.

CFTraveler
11th September 2007, 10:01 PM
I didn't say it wasn't real- according to many (including Robert) a false awakening is a short, half-lucid OBE that you snap out of quickly.