PDA

View Full Version : Heart Chakra and Mudras

Ascendant
18th October 2005, 03:22 AM
Tonight I stimulated my heart chakra for the first time. I was using a mudra (a special hand position) to help open it. I originally concentrated on the place where my heart was, because the MAP directions were kind of confusing. That produced little or no effect. So I moved over to the center of my chest--and instantly there was a powerful feeling. My mind went empty and filled with a kind of pressure and bliss combined. Also, I felt pressure in my chest. As long as I kept stimulating my heart center, I was able to remain in that strange state. Any idea what it was? It wasn't like the sensations that go up and down the spine, as mentioned in MAP. But it was definitely something.

Also, does anyone know where I can find a picture of the mudra for the solar plexus center?

star
18th October 2005, 05:05 PM
btw where did you get the heart mudra? I would like to try it. I get my best results in my heart. I have been able to get into strange trances useing the heart too.

I can't tell you exactly what it is though. but you should keep with it and investigate.

Planet_Jeroen
18th October 2005, 05:15 PM
Would you be kind enough to describe the mudra ?

Regards,

Jeroen

Ascendant
18th October 2005, 06:14 PM
I have been able to get into strange trances useing the heart too.

Yes, that's probably one of the better ways to describe the state I went into--a strange trance.

Would you be kind enough to describe the mudra ?

Sure. I used the one at this website, where other ones can be found as well: http://www.eclecticenergies.com/chakras/open.php

Basically, one lets the index finger and thumb of the right hand touch, and places them on the lower breastbone.

Planet_Jeroen
18th October 2005, 06:55 PM
Thanks, great link. I practised the one for the hart chakra behind my computer, just to get the possition right, and immediately felt as if I was doing NEW in that area... nice one!

Regards,

Jeroen

Quantitativefool
19th October 2005, 03:17 AM
Wow, that is a veyr very effective Mundra. Have you found any other effective ones like these? I definately got nearly immediate results on my heart center. It was much like the strobing in a kundalini experience.

Thanks alot for the link!,
-Stu

laiana
20th October 2005, 12:20 AM
Did anyone do the chakra test? I found that I'm not strong enough in my root, throat or third eye which sounds about right!!!

I tried the root opening mudra before practicing Yoga tonight and I don't know if it was my imagination or not, but it definitely felt a lot better! On of my Yoga frustrations has been not being able to ground myself properly and I found this really really helped.

Thanks for the info!