PDA

View Full Version : Something weird happened

sash
20th October 2005, 06:06 AM
Last night I built up a lot of energy, but instead of releasing it like usual I focused all my attention on my third eye and then released it.
As a result, my awareness seemed to get "locked" into place for a few seconds then when I snapped back out of it everything seemed normal.
However after lying down I had "flow-like" sensations flowing around and up the base chakra. Then shortly after I got pain in my entire lower back, which felt extremely heavy and made it difficult to move.
I wasn't sure what to do with it so I ignored it and went to sleep, upon waking up - and for the entire day up to now I have felt terrible (physically and spiritually).
I'm not sure if what I did with the energy focusing technique was not a good idea, or what exactly it triggered.
Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Warm Regards,
Sasha

21st October 2005, 02:13 AM
Sounds like a bad 'kundalini' experience. Not a good idea. I suggest that you lay off the energy work for a few days -- except to draw energy downward toward the navel. That is supposed to help. After that, work on the minor chakras before going back to the 'third eye.'

Remember: Fools rush in where angels dare to tread. Try being an 'angel' for a while -- it is said that 'kundalini' can drive one to insanity. I don't know... never been there, myself!

21st October 2005, 02:25 AM
Sounds like a bad 'kundalini' experience. Not a good idea. I suggest that you lay off the energy work for a few days -- except to draw energy downward toward the navel. That is supposed to help. After that, work on the minor chakras before going back to the 'third eye.'

Remember: Fools rush in where angels dare to tread. Try being an 'angel' for a while -- it is said that 'kundalini' can drive one to insanity. I don't know... never been there, myself!

How did I do that :?: ...

sash
21st October 2005, 02:49 AM
Interestingly that is what I thought it might have been. Nowadays my kundalini energy seems to activate with almost any energy related work. I still feel quite sick after the experience. Regretably about a year ago I almost started to rise kundalini but freaked myself out and have never gotten back to that level since.

Do you think that drawing energy down into the lower chakras would be conducive to creating a stable mentalality? In other words, when the chakras are in balance is the mind also in balance? Besides that it seems that kundalini has already had a massive emotional influence on me, which I doubt could increase. Hence being mentally prepared for the experience is my primary goal. I would back away from working with kundalini for a while since it is often suggested to build up the energy body first, however this is not going to work because almost any energy I use begins to stir kundalini energy -- the higher the chakra the less effect it has for energy body work.

Its interesting that you mention drawing energy down into the navel, this gave me the idea of focusing it there instead of the third eye when realsing it, I think I will attempt it next time. However, interestingly enough when I relased the energy into the third eye the pain spread from my lower back to my navel area anyway, this is why I'm not sure if it would make much difference where I direct the energy. Nonetheless it merits experimentation.

Thanks
Sasha

22nd October 2005, 12:54 AM
Well, Taoists say that the navel is the place to store energy. The Microcosmic Circuit starts and ends with the navel. They say that there is no limit to the amount of energy one can safely store in the navel.

See http://www.kheper.net/topics/Taoism/circulation_of_light.html.

Quantitativefool
22nd October 2005, 05:37 PM
Yeah, the Navel is the healthiest place to store energy, I believe a friend I know in Accupuncture said that from the navel all energy can go to any meridian (pathway) necessary and thus balance the energy system. I'm pretty sure that is why the navel is the most important center to raise energy and direct it.

Hope it helps,
-Stu

star
22nd October 2005, 06:12 PM
With energy work I find it best to go with your gut. Time and time again I run across articles and people tell me the best way to do it. Though I haden't ever read that material or talked to some of theose people before. I find I was naturally using those techniques, just more personalized.

24th October 2005, 04:40 PM
There is an interesting contrast between Tantra and Taoist thought. Tantra conceives of the chakras as steps in a ladder, going from the root to the crown. It is very linear in that sense. Taoist thought, however, sees the energy centers in terms of a circle, or a set of interconnected circles.

Personally, I think the Taoist idea to have definite advantages.