PDA

View Full Version : NEW ruins my sleep

Shirley
3rd October 2007, 10:21 AM
When I do healing or NEW just before going to sleep my brain gets very active, and my imagination goes wild. I end up not sleeping very well because I have energetic, non-stop vivid dreams that will keep me from resting properly. It's just like having a television inside your head turned on all night, always pumping images, sounds and feelings into your brain.

Has anyone experienced this? What does it mean? Should I quit NEW before sleep?

Beekeeper
3rd October 2007, 11:05 AM
Yes, Shirley. The best solution is not to raise energy at bedtime. Grounding is a good idea too.

CFTraveler
3rd October 2007, 01:04 PM
NEW should not be done before sleep- in the morning is best. Maybe a light energy raising if you plan to try to project, but as a routine, not in the evening.

wstein
4th October 2007, 12:33 AM
lol I just posted this in the dreaming forum as a way to have more bizarre dreams; with that exact warning.

Aunt Clair
15th October 2007, 03:08 AM
I agree that energy stimulation before sleep would seem counterproductive but energy raising from the feet to the crown can facilitate projection . I do it regularly without adverse symptoms .

Jonathan2525
29th October 2007, 04:42 AM
Hello all,

Shirley, Robert Bruce says that this might happen to some people in his new book about energy work, creatively entitled "Energy Work." :D

“…doing too much energy work directly before bed can make falling asleep difficult…Reduce time spent energy working before sleep accordingly…Best remedy I have found for this is a late night snack.” from Energy Work pages 50 and 51

So do less energy work before falling asleep, and if you still have trouble, have a snack. I seem to remember he says elsewhere in the book that protein shuts down the energy body somewhat. Maybe a yogurt might do the trick or the classic warm milk.