PDA

View Full Version : Question about self-healing

arthur
6th October 2007, 05:42 PM
Hello. I hope I did not choose a wrong subject to post under.

I have to apologize in the beginning if I cannot find the right words some time to time as I am not an native English speaker :)

I am s strong beliver of alternative medicine and I have long been intrested in reading about the subjects of energy etc.

Now I have some problems of my own and I have tried to find help for them with using my own mind.

First I have to start with some information of my backround. I was addicted to chemical drugs when I was a teenager. I was quite a heavy amphetamine user for 4 years and it came to injecting drugs in the end.
For my luck I found strength and motivation to quit that path and nevertheless it was 10 years ago I feel like walking the correct path at the moment. Took some time but I never thought it would be a quick process of getting myself together.

Now about the problem. I have always been very energetic person with lots of inner strength. At the moment it is like fading or smthing. I feel tired too much, my feet and hands are always cold, little sicknesses get to me easy etc. Also I am realy low on sexual energy and motivation on it. I once read, that using drugs can like "kill" or completely block energy channels and chacras. So I found the "NEW energy ways" that is a really really good approach to the subject as I saw it. I thought that maby I can clear the channels and feel the life in me again. For the few first time I started to work with my feet I felt it as described or almost like that. Then the next time - almost nothing and so on. I am quite sure I understand the process of visualisation or "feeling" as it was ment. Can anyone suggest the most correct way I can heal my body, gain my lifeforce and sexual energy so it would work and help me feel as a 27 year old man should ? Is it possible that my energy channels are too harmed from my pass and now is the time to pay for what I have done to my body ?

Any suggestions are welcome as I am really really worried :S

Big thank You ahead ...

CFTraveler
6th October 2007, 08:26 PM
Now about the problem. I have always been very energetic person with lots of inner strength. At the moment it is like fading or smthing. I feel tired too much, my feet and hands are always cold, little sicknesses get to me easy etc. Also I am realy low on sexual energy and motivation on it. I once read, that using drugs can like "kill" or completely block energy channels and chacras. So I found the "NEW energy ways" that is a really really good approach to the subject as I saw it. I thought that maby I can clear the channels and feel the life in me again. For the few first time I started to work with my feet I felt it as described or almost like that. Then the next time - almost nothing and so on. I am quite sure I understand the process of visualisation or "feeling" as it was ment. Can anyone suggest the most correct way I can heal my body, gain my lifeforce and sexual energy so it would work and help me feel as a 27 year old man should ? Is it possible that my energy channels are too harmed from my pass and now is the time to pay for what I have done to my body ? Hi Arthur. It sounds like you're already doing the right things. It's just that it took you years to get to where you are now, and it will take some time to undo the damage- just know that if you continue to concentrate on a healthy lifestyle, lots of energy work and rest, rest, rest, will help you regain some of your depleted vigor.
In the subject of medicine, even though you expressed to be a believer in alternative medicine, I would advise you to get a full medical workup done, just to see how your physical body is, so you know what to do whether you follow the medical route or not. Deficiencies and other problems (like heart problems, etc.) should be ruled out, just to be safe.
It looks to me like you're on the right track, just keep on with what you're doing, and don't give up.

arthur
6th October 2007, 09:41 PM
actually physically I am in quite good shape as I am in military for many years and have done quite thural physical checkups many times. Problem is, that the physical condition is "fading" now and clearly felt by lack of energy and lifeforce inside :S

Tom
6th October 2007, 10:02 PM
DHEA, melatonin, and magnesium are the three most important supplements you could use. DHEA and magnesium in the morning and melatonin at night. There is a form of magnesium supplement you can use that is in a lotion form; you rub it into your skin instead of taking it as a pill. Magnesium levels can still be normal in the blood while your tissues are depleted because it is used to maintain the correct pH of your blood. DHEA and melatonin levels tend to peak at around 18 to 25 years old and slowly go down from there. Meditation can slow the decline, but if you are starting out low it can help to supplement.

The neurotransmitter dopamine is the one most affected by amphetamine use. I suspect there are foods you can eat which would elevate the level of dopamine in your nervous system, but I'd have to use Google to find out which ones.

al.luciddreamer
7th October 2007, 05:23 AM
This will sound strange, but I wish there was a way I could trade problems with you for part of the day/night. My problem is that too much anxiety often transforms into feeling energetic right when I want to go to sleep (it's actually happening right now as I write this -- I'm in bed hoping that hen-pecking out the characters of this message on my PDA will help my mind slow down). If you could only have some of this energy during the day when you need it, and if I could only borrow your low energy state to help me fall asleep, it would be a good trade. One more interesting thing about all of this, too, is that I've been having dreams just lately where the palms of my hands seem to be emanating some kind of warm, healing energy (I've used it to "cure" dream injuries). So here's an idea, I don't know if it would work for you, but I would be thrilled to hear if it did -- actually USE your low energy state to get yourself into a very relaxed meditation (or even a hypnotic state) where you can give yourself access to healing abilities that might be dormant deep inside of you.

arthur
7th October 2007, 10:27 AM
so you all still think the problem is physical ? isn't it possible to do some sort of energy treatment that would make body function normally again ?

CFTraveler
7th October 2007, 07:26 PM
Energy work and meditation should bring balance to your life, but if the problem is physical you have to take care of the physical also. Don't think of it as a one-or the other proposition, both aspects of you should be managed for best results.