PDA

View Full Version : the science of the astral plain

U-Mos
7th October 2007, 07:48 AM
so theres something thats been bugging me for a wile. i have no consept on how the astral plain is connected to the physical world expecally when the idea of string theory and all those different diminutions come into play

though im now confused on what the dimensions are like except for the 11th which taking a firm grasp on that idea loosens the one that was produced wile watching imaging the 10 dimension. oh well what is there to do? any ways that imaging the 10th dimension was a bit too sci fi from the beginning. i seem to have a nack for this. i would like to chat with michio kaku guy; he seems to be a little off his rocker for me.

the question is, how is the universe and the astral plains modeled, related, connected and such

kiwibonga
7th October 2007, 08:16 AM
I'm not sure that your question, which already contains many assumptions, can be answered without making a lot of equally dangerous assumptions...

You might want to be a bit more specific about your understanding of what the astral plane is, and perhaps we can help you complete that understanding...

U-Mos
7th October 2007, 08:57 AM
the thing is that the concept of what i have is that the astral plain and physical world seem to be completely sepreate though there is a part that copies the physical world but that really doesn't help much.

it might just be that i dont know what the dimensions are. i'm pretty sure i got a fairly good grasp on what the astral plain and such are but i've haven't come across a constant idea of what the higher dimensions are which is throughing me off quite a bit

CFTraveler
7th October 2007, 06:16 PM
My guess is that the astral planes are how the material world looks (or manifests) from a different perspective, from a different standpoint. So it's not that it's connected, but it's what it is. The way a molecule of water is different from a drop of water from the way an electron from an atom of water looks- instead of dimension, perhaps the difference is scale.
But perhaps, when you cross the barrier of the electron to the quantum particle, when it's existence as a particle becomes a matter of statistical probability, maybe 'scale' loses it's meaning, and it becomes a lot more interesting, but less definable.
But then again, this is a wild guess of mine.

orbit1
9th October 2007, 05:08 PM
I can't help with your specific question, but here's a cool Flash animation that helps explain the 10 dimensions:

http://www.tenthdimension.com/medialinks.php

journyman161
10th October 2007, 01:04 AM
Think of an onion. In the centre there is a ball with a skin on it - anything living inside that skin would have a complete 'world' to experience, but pierce the skin & there is another layer, also enclosed & apparently complete. You could keep piercing skin to get out to another layer & another until finally you make it 'outside' & can view all 'Reality' from outside.

Think of the 'skin' as being a vibrational change - in our plane we exist at (say) 1MHz with a range of (say) 1kHz either side. If you could alter your innate frequency, even temporarily, to 2MHz, you'd 'see' & experience a different Universe.

An analogy in the 'real' world is this - if you could alter your eyes to see a range up above the ultraviolet, the universe out there would look different to what you see in the visible. Change your range to below infrared & it would be different again. I have a poster that shows the Milky Way in different frequencies & some of them are wildly different to what we see & being able to use other frequencies has yielded valuable information we didn't know before. (Such as the galactic collision currently happening just the other side of the central bulge)

So altering how one perceives things can change what we see; is it too big a leap to see that if we can change our basic perceptive levels, we might experience something different?

CFTraveler
10th October 2007, 02:11 AM
I think what you're trying to find is some kind of connecting thread between the "astral" and "physical" planes.
The problem with this is that you are treating "astral" and "physical" as seperate things.
That's what I was trying to say, but the words weren't as clear.

U-Mos
11th October 2007, 03:30 AM
I can't help with your specific question, but here's a cool Flash animation that helps explain the 10 dimensions:

http://www.tenthdimension.com/medialinks.php

actually thats the one thats throughing me off cause there are recent brake through that make that obsoleat, it even has a discamer at the end

kiwibonga
11th October 2007, 11:31 AM
The 10 dimensions flash tries to fit together time and space... it has absolutely nothing to do with anything remotely tangible or actually observed, and it certainly has nothing to do with astral projection... It's a method to try and understand how to represent more than 3 dimensions in your brain, but then again, it's just one person's understanding of it all... And it's not the most logical one, IMO...

It's probably best to ignore it altogether for now...

CFTraveler
11th October 2007, 11:41 AM
That's the problem with New Age- that for some reason at some point the word 'dimension' was assigned a meaning completely different that the meaning physics has assigned to it. A dimension is a way to measure spacetime, not a series of parallel or sequential regions in space, which sounds more like what new agey people (myself included) use to describe regions that may be part of spacetime but most probably aren't.
I don't know what the aswer to this is- create a new term? 'Astral plane' is something that many reject as too 'mistic-y' and 'focus of consciousness' is too subjective IMHO.
So maybe we should have a contest on the creating of a new term for this?

journyman161
11th October 2007, 11:45 AM
Quantum feasibility? Fluxation? Level of Entanglement? Sphere of Perception? *grins*

CFTraveler
11th October 2007, 12:24 PM
I like 'Fluxation'. Hmmm...

randall
18th October 2007, 10:27 PM
I think that the question of how the astral affects or interacts with the physical is much the same as the question of the mind/brain problem. Philosophers have debated and propoosed various throeries for centuries.

you have your materialists who say that consciousness is merely a by-product of the brain. Your idealists who say that all is mind, and the brain is a subset of the mind (as a poster mentioned above). You have your dualists, who propose mind and brain as 2 separate things, that must either interact somehow or else be synchronized in such a way as they seem to correlate with each other.

I think that possibly mind and matter/energy are distinct but that they both arise from a common proto-essence or reality. A kind of pure information that cannot really be called consciousness because i think consciousness carries with it a connotation of self-awareness, or personhood. i think its more like a kind of pure undifferentiated "is-ness" and that at the base level, both consciousness and matter/energy are "composed" of it, or maybe a better way of saying it would be that they are "defined" by it. I think that rather than the brain controlling the mind, or the mind controlling the brain, that both mind and brain are 2 distinct extensions of the same underlying reality, into that what we call "physical" and what we call "spiritual/astral or mental".

Or anyway thats my story and Im stickin to it :P

journyman161
18th October 2007, 10:43 PM
It might be that reality is like the Sun. Our Solar Source produces energy across a wide spectrum, with a very identifiable pattern to it (stronger in some ranges than others) but still covering a range from low to high frequency. It also produces masses of magnetic flux & a variety of particles in amounts that push the helio-pause out to about 3 times the distance to Pluto.

A variety of factors means we only perceive a tiny fraction of all this, but that doesn't mean it ain't there... The human senses filter it to managebale level, the van Allen belts around the Earth strip some of the more harmful energy away, distance protects us from some, the Earth's magnetic field shield us from charged particles etc.

But if we could look out there at the Sun with different senses, it looks wildly different to what we see.

So maybe the astral & physical are all the same, but our senses strip away the higher vibration stuff & we simply don't perceive it. Doesn't mean it ain't there though... :lol:

CEP2plet
6th November 2007, 10:38 PM
If you want to study "the connection between the physical and the astral", start with what you already know and do, because that's a huge hint right there. When you go to sleep, what do you think about? What are you imagining? How do you feel? Etc.

Before asking big questions like "what is physical reality and what are the astral planes exactly?" it's best to clear your mind first of anything distracting you. The last thing you want after putting time in to think about something as clearly as possible is to come up short with rashness getting in the way.

The pedantic has returned.

CFTraveler
7th November 2007, 12:04 AM
Hey, C. Where've ya been?

CEP2plet
9th November 2007, 10:40 PM
Oh, out and about. Music and work, music and work. I went to a Bob Dylan concert as of late, I'm working on my own music for various "outlets", and the Book of Enoch has been consuming my reading time. And of course, I've been keeping notes on all the nightly experiences I have. I need to take pictures of where I've been in the past, so I can begin drawing/painting my "dreamscapes" so you all can see where I've been.

CEP2plet
9th November 2007, 10:53 PM
Oh, I almost forgot, at the last couple of songs at the Bob Dylan concert I went to, the lighting crew of the stadium/coliseum we were in illuminated an All-Seeing Eye on some curtains behind Bob Dylan's band. I thought that was kind of funny. Interesting... I wonder what for...

I don't have any pictures, unfortunately. But I still have the ticket from the show, so I still have something to remember the whole ordeal by, and to prove that I was there.

CFTraveler
10th November 2007, 12:51 AM
Oh, out and about. Music and work, music and work. I went to a Bob Dylan concert as of late, I'm working on my own music for various "outlets", and the Book of Enoch has been consuming my reading time. And of course, I've been keeping notes on all the nightly experiences I have. I need to take pictures of where I've been in the past, so I can begin drawing/painting my "dreamscapes" so you all can see where I've been. Cool.