PDA

View Full Version : Kundalini Ups and Downs

Snowman23
8th October 2007, 06:30 PM
Has anyone else experienced periods where your consciousness seems to become dull, after the amazing peak experiences?

Korpo
9th October 2007, 09:22 AM
Growth is not a linear process. Real growth and attaining of new leaps forward happens when seemingly nothing happens - the energy is used up for the growth. Only after growth levels off excess energy is channeled into new peak experiences until the system stabilises again.

Peak experiences themselves are good glimpses ahead, but should IMO not be overrated. In the long run what you can sustain is important, not what gives you "a kick"... ;)

Take good care,
Oliver

9th October 2007, 12:57 PM

CFTraveler
9th October 2007, 02:04 PM
Recently, I had a mind expansive experience in which normal life felt dull and mundane afterward. This summer, I went to the Savage River National Forest with a shaman friend and had a powerfull experience with the energies/spirits of the forest. After having several mind expansive epiphanies I was emotionally spent. Over the next few days my mind kept replaying that wonderful experience over and over, but all the while I was left feeling flat and dull. When I returned to the city, it was as if the fog of normal life enveloped me again and I felt myself go into a strange funk. So, I pulled out my Tai Chi DVDs and focused on my body’s energy flow. The dull flatness seemed to fade quickly. After moments of expanded consciousness, I would suggest doing energy work of some sort to bring balance back to one’s mind and body. One can never go wrong balancing the body's energy. :wink: This is great advice, e. (for some reason I want to call you Ed.)

Mickey
12th November 2007, 03:27 PM
First post here on this forum for me - so, hello everybody! :D

I had a series of very intense kundalini eruptions many years ago and since then I've basically been watching this mysterious force working its way through all layers of myself.

I can absolutely confirm the ups and downs encountered within the process. In the beginning there were episodes of terrifying depression and melancholia and later on times of extreme physical fatigue and sensations of dullness. Mind wouldn't work and emotions were very flat :?

Once awakened, the kundalini-shakti seems to begin to do a complete rewiring of mind and body - and the periodical shrinking and numbing of consciousness is probably a necessary part of this purification

8)