PDA

View Full Version : Wedding without a Bride Dream 10-14-2005 3:58 AM

esotericus
24th October 2005, 08:13 AM
I had this dream today. Thoughts, comments, anyone?

I went to get married in a church. I was wearing a tux. I looked at my hands and body but never looked in a mirror. It was late at night, and there were kids hanging around the steps in their fancy clothes. My mom and an elderly lady from my childhood were in the church, but no one else was there and it was nearly dark in the church. They sat in the shadows. I went to a large room across the street and sent away a bunch of kids who were in there so I could be alone a moment. It turned into a sleazy public bathroom, where some homeless guy threw wet dirty clothes against the wall. I went back to the church, but the bride never appeared. I don’t know her name, never saw her; there was no preacher, rings, best man, nor bride’s maids. It seemed I was not even dumped. I was at the church with no one to marry, waiting and expecting but no one ever appeared. I woke up for real by myself once again and sat down to write this dream.

CFTraveler
27th October 2005, 08:24 PM
I'm sleepy so forgive me if I say something too stupid.

Here are some possibilities:
1-You are looking forward to something that hasn't happened. Marriage can mean something else, like a commitment to something new (going to school, new job) something life changing...but scary.
2- You are losing touch with your feminine side- Like you used to like to cook or were more sensitive (I don't know) :cry: Or something like that that you don't do anymore. (the missing bride)
3-You were in a situation that seemed great (the beautiful place) but turned out not so good (the gross bathroom) and you got away in time
but not before the lower side of your self (the bum) threw something at you (intuition) to let you know it was time to go.
How's that for amateur psycho-logy? :P

This is the kind of thing that happens when I'm sleepy-no impulse control.

esotericus
28th October 2005, 12:33 AM
At this point, I take occasional continuing ed courses. got my degree class of 1992. I'm somewhat close to retiring, but not that close. I'm starting to cook, barely did before, long story. Well, I got dumped without a word or an explantion several years ago after 4 years together, her phone changed; she became unreachable. She fell off the face of the earth; no dear john, no 6 o'clock news, no picture on a milk carton. It would not have worked anyway.

I'm going to go out on a limb and post my ladies-only link. Don't worry, it's an "about me" page with a portrait.

http://mysite.verizon.net/intj-astral/aboutme.html

Dsmoke
28th October 2005, 03:28 AM
Hmm. How were you feeling when you were at the church waiting? Confused? Excited? Bored?

esotericus
28th October 2005, 04:39 AM
I was very sedate. I stood with my hands together before me as if I expected someone, but not knowing who. There was no sense of an arranged union and I'm an American, that's definitely out of the picture. In fact, I checked my bed upon waking to see if I was alone or with someone, it felt so real. I was alone, like my journal entry says.

I have met someone and I'm trying to build a rapport and see where it leads, in fact.

Dsmoke
28th October 2005, 04:08 PM
Ok, if this were my dream and I had recently met someone I was interested in, the dream might be suggesting that you know that if things work out, it could lead to marriage or some kind of happy union. Yet you also know that it could all fall apart and become ugly and unpleasant (symbolized by the bathroom). At this point in the relationship, it is too early to predict what will happen.

So there you are in your dream, waiting at the church but nothing is happening. You're ready to go but the bride apparently isn't. Your subconscious may be warning you not to go too fast or get impatient because it simply isn't time for anything serious to happen yet.

You probably already know this - sometimes our subconsciouses like to reinforce things even so.

esotericus
29th October 2005, 02:15 AM
I had the dream before meeting the person.

Dsmoke
29th October 2005, 09:01 AM
I had the dream before meeting the person.

Heh, I've had dreams like that, too. I don't know about you, but my dreams can often pick up people from future situations. I wouldn't be surprised if your dreams honed in on an important upcoming person :)

esotericus
29th October 2005, 03:19 PM
Well, I hope so, I’ve seen it happen before and being without really sucks.