PDA

View Full Version : Usefulness of Theta Metronome in APs?

matthewrule1
12th October 2007, 11:37 PM
Hi,

I am new to the forums and was wondering something.

I use a Theta Metronome for meditation and relaxation, and something occured to me. The state of mind the metronome usually puts me in sounds very similar to the state suggested for attempting astral projection. Does anyone with experience in these matters think that the Theta state is proper for attempting APs from? Or would it be better to try without the metronome, i.e. is it not possible/probable to project from such a waking state?

Any help/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

CFTraveler
13th October 2007, 01:01 AM
Roughly, the ideal state is from Theta to Delta- I don't know if a metronome will really synchronize your brainwaves (binaural beats do, however) but what I would tell you is this: If you are going to attempt AP using a metronome, incorporate some sort of ritual like Robert Monroe used to do, and then, when you've conditioned yourself to associate the ritual to achieve the state, try to use your ritual by itself to achieve the state without using anything else.
Whether it works or not, becoming dependent on external cues is not so good. I have a BWGen and Hemi-Synch, and I use them occassionally if I'm having a dry spell or if I just want to meditate and don't want to be bothered by background noise- and I usually project not when I'm listening to them but later on or the next day.
So, there's nothing wrong with trying it, just don't let it become a crutch.

ps. I deleted the other duplicate posts.