PDA

View Full Version : Short OBE?

blacktiger057
15th October 2007, 01:36 AM
This might be more of an energetic effect of some sort, but I'm not exactly sure. Anyway, sometimes when I am lying in my bed trying to get to sleep, I feel that I am suddenly above my bed, but, since it is dark, the outlines of evreything are fuzzy. And within a second I feel like I have fallen 100 feet and have slammed into my bed/body. Sometimes my feet actually rebound against the matress. Then I get all scared, but realize that I am back in my body. THis happens once every 1-2 weeks.

I've talked to some of my friends/family, and they say that sometimes they too get this weird sensation. Is it some sort of energetic sensation? Or is it a very short projection?

All responses appreciated.

Scott

Astral_Ace
15th October 2007, 09:18 AM
I've experienced this also.

For me what happens is I'll have fallen asleep briefly and for a split second I'll experience what feels like stepping off a platform with one leg out and then immediately slamming on my back into my bed. After this occurs I just fall asleep I don't recall ever staying awake after experiencing it.

Having never experienced a conscious induced OBE, I can't help but wonder if this is the same as what some people claim to experience when they are too close to their physical bodies during AP and get "sucked" back in.

-Astral_Ace

Beekeeper
15th October 2007, 11:40 AM
Are you guys talking about the falling sensation on the brink of sleep?

Blacktiger, what you describe sounds like a projection to me.

CFTraveler
15th October 2007, 02:04 PM
Ditto.

Fish
1st November 2007, 11:33 PM
Are you guys talking about the falling sensation on the brink of sleep?

Blacktiger, what you describe sounds like a projection to me.

YES! This happens to me virtually EVERY night.. I have always attributed it to "falling asleep"but I always have to wake up before actually getting to sleep again after it. My husband always says to me after my body has leaped straight upout of the bed.. "I see you've fallen asleep again." lol