PDA

View Full Version : Muscles Jerking

Ascendant
27th October 2005, 02:45 AM
I've noticed that when I go into the trance state, my muscles will occaisionally jerk, waking up my mind to some degree. It's not just my neck muscles like when my head lowers because of sleep; usually it's a leg-muscle jerk or a full-body jerk. Is this a bad thing? On the one hand, it helps me keep my mind lucid; on the other, I'm worried that my body may not be falling asleep enough.

Any advice, information, or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Apex
27th October 2005, 02:58 AM
I have these happen, usually only once or twice per session, but I consider them more 'twitches'. Since I can't anticipate/prevent them, I just consider them part of the experience and accept them. In this way, they're usually not distracting for more than a moment.

Warriorking
5th December 2005, 12:46 PM
I get these very bad

Every time i practice the rope technique, i get the jerks for about 3 days afterwards. Its a pain because when i try to go to sleep at night it stops me from sleeping and i only get about 3 hrs sleep. And thats not healthy when you drive on the roads for 50 hrs a week.

It happens right as im on the boarderline of sleep and awake. Some times i get jerked awake about 10 times a night.

marcus_spotzl
7th December 2005, 09:12 PM
I use to get the same thing when i went into a trance or started to feel vibrations, but now i dont because i use robert's body relaxing techniques that i use to just skip over when i attempted to project.

Energy Ways
13th December 2005, 04:46 PM
Yea these happen 2 me usually but not as bad as it used to because i dont really get em anymore.I used to just be in a trance and suddenly id jerk a bit or my arm will twitch and go back to its position exactly feeling the same has before.I usually get jerks in energy blockages or my arms occasionally but my arms always seem 2 be flowing with lots energy.Once was very weird im not sure i was in a trance and suddenly my whole leg just threw up right into the air it just flew up jerked and fell straight down i wasnt really concntrating on it until like 3 secs later i just "what the hell just happened better check my leg"and so i did very odd.

Charlie
14th December 2005, 05:11 AM
Hi guys, newbie here!

I'm very new to the world of astral projection, in fact ive never even experienced an astral projection. I'm a avid listener to coast to coast am, and was listening to the segment quite recently on astral projection, the guest a fellow aussie like myself. I found the whole segment so interesting i thought i would look into it.

The main point of interest for me was when the host his name sorry is...Robert Bruce. Anyways Robert was talking about muscle jerking. I'm 22, and ever since i can remember i have allways had this muscle jerking when i'm in bed. Usually its just before i'm about to fall asleep (the peroid where your not quite alseep yet, but u have no sense of time like u should when your awake) I also get it when i'm actually asleep too, but this is rare, its usually the former that occurs most often.

Anyway my main question is, is the jerking natural or commonly linked to projection? And can u project and not rememeber it?

And can someone explain to me what the astral plane is, is it the place u go when u die? and when u guys all project where do u go?

thanks for any answers, at the point its all very new and confusing.

Ascendant
15th December 2005, 02:22 AM
Hey, Charlie, welcome to AD.

Anyway my main question is, is the jerking natural or commonly linked to projection?

I believe so, if it's related to the falling sensation often experienced when falling asleep. For me, it's like I suddenly feel like I'm falling, and my whole body jerks in response. This is, I believe, caused by the astral body moving out of the body. Of course, when you wake it comes back.

And can u project and not rememeber it?

Definitely. In fact, working to remember OBEs is one of the main skills that projectors need to learn.

And can someone explain to me what the astral plane is, is it the place u go when u die?

I'm not sure whether people do go there in death. However, I do know that the astral plane is like a parallel universe built for interaction with the astral body, which is a kind of spirit body, if you will.

and when u guys all project where do u go?

I'm still training to project, and have not done it yet. I'll let some who actually have answer this question.

Matt
15th December 2005, 03:58 AM
I went through a period where a leg would twitch or an arm would move and wake me up while meditation. It was starting to be a real problem because I'd pretty much have to start from scratch when it happened and it happened nearly every time.

A few times I would find that an arm would start waving in the air on its own, as I would come back to the physical focus it would stop and drop to my side. I have no idea what caused that. However these symptoms eventually went away on their own without me ever knowing what the fix was.

It could just be a matter of some kind of energy blockage that gets cleared out with consistent meditation or NEW type focusing.

kmD
31st December 2005, 10:54 PM
hi all, ive been conciously projecting for 7 years now and thought i could help with the muscle spasm issue.
I think you should look towards the physical in this case rather than spirtual. How much daily exercise do you get? Alot of times inactivity will cause this, so that when you push energy through these areas during meditation and NEW exercises, these muscles will spasm because they are not used to being worked.
I find this is a big area that people who are trying to project forget. NEW is part spiritual, part physical (for me anyhow), and if you ignore the physical aspects of your body, it only makes it harder when you focus on the spiritual.
Remember, projection starts with the physical energy of your body, and the better shape you are in, the easier things will be. good luck!

Matt
31st December 2005, 11:49 PM
It coud be there are a lot of factors that cause muscle spasms and some are physical. I use the gym pretty much every day so at least in my case it wasn't because of being physically inactive.

dominic
24th January 2006, 07:38 AM
I had the same, my muscles just randomly twich etc, once I was really getting into it and i felt like i had no thoughts, REM sleep, then my leg just shakes and at first i don't really notice it because im 'half asleep' but then i realise and it annoys me loads. I've gotton used to it now.

Beekeeper
24th January 2006, 09:20 AM
I had a three day run of arms jerking and then it just stopped.

CFTraveler
24th January 2006, 08:01 PM
The jerk you get from the falling sensation is called the 'moro' reflex, and it is common in infants. According to medical science, it is one of the few instincts human babies are born with- cry when hungry, jerk from 'fear of falling.' Since it is considered an inborn reflex it is attributed to the only fear infants have- of falling. This reflex is supposed to go away when you grow up, but it obviously doesn't completely- So it follows if you are going into a trance and start to separate, it could be that this reflex is triggered then by the feedback of the falling astral body. If this is accurate, then I would say this is a symptom of OBE, and people who have it more are projecting whether they realize it or not. (this is my theory, though).

As to where we go when we project, there are supposed to be different 'levels' in the astral- the RTZ, or real time zone, and then other levels, which get more abstract as you go from one to the other. I won't get into 'planes' or any of that stuff, because I believe it's mostly interpretation.
When we die it is theorized we go somewhere in the astral, but probably not in the same area as projectors, because if they were there would be more projectors reporting having seen their departed ones during one.
I myself haven't seen anyone that I know who's died, and I have been projecting for more than 20 years. (I have had dream visitations, though).
I hope we have answered some of your questions.

Beekeeper
24th January 2006, 09:34 PM
Thanks CF. Informative as ever. Never really thought to connect it to Moro reflex.

25th January 2006, 02:45 AM
I've noticed that when I go into the trance state, my muscles will occaisionally jerk, waking up my mind to some degree. It's not just my neck muscles like when my head lowers because of sleep; usually it's a leg-muscle jerk or a full-body jerk. Is this a bad thing? On the one hand, it helps me keep my mind lucid; on the other, I'm worried that my body may not be falling asleep enough.

Any advice, information, or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
I had been bothered by such jerking until quite recently. I seem to be cured. I do not know what to credit for the change. Might it be the salt baths I had taken? I don't know...

2nd February 2006, 11:55 AM
This may sound odd but most or all twitches and jerks have the same cause and it has to do with ETs. I have tourette syndrome and I have found out that all tourette syndrome 'cases' are in people who are abductees. I was reading all your posts here on ap twitching and I can tell very certainly that it is the same thing. We are getting close to seeing how large some things are and how deeply they have penetrated 'society'

However it is not as simple as an et purposely creating a string of twitches or a twitch after a twitch or even manually creating the disease. Think about that.

Let me be funny. Tourette syndrome is evidence that the universe exists. In that way the tourette is both natural and unnatural. Feel special when you twitch. It means god loves you and exists too.

There are things out there to beat tourette people. It wasn't easy.

Tourettes is seen as a disease. Anyway that's how i became god. I think i ascended. So the tourette disease is as profound as the universe and as close to home as the cheese on your sandwich. I gained the abilities.

WHO allowed it. I was put on the books at age 10 when I was first diagnosed with such disease. Tourette people get watched. The medical community does things. It is a complex issue for me as to when I 'entered' the system due to the fact that I am jehovah. People were going to tell the truth about what I've become or done or show something or other and it will break the system because it will prove that i was never sick. The medical system will not exist anymore, it will be different. WHO approved this. Anyway I had no reason to worry as, people who are destined to ascend, once they do ascend and become ~one with god~ ..., their power and existence becomes retroactive. As anyone knows god can do anything. So really there was never any problem beating anything or overcoming anything in the first place. This is probably the case with anyone. This speaks of the greater reality. I am living proof! Hehe

And I am not an asshole and can't be accused of anything. Because we live real lives and BEING YOU is not an accuseable issue. I did not turn into JEHOVAH and lose my body mind and spirit as a person who grew up on earth, I have it all with me. I am a nice guy.

So don't expect anything of me either i don't have to provide anything.

You can't accuse someone of being god and then expect to be able to accuse them or manipulate them or trap them or make them do things. God does nothing for anyone. It is possible for people to ascend but that does not make that person the controller. I am the controller of the ones it just so happens that I ascended

don't think i wont help you though. anything i want happens.

i told u i am the 1

there are no problems on this planet. there never were