PDA

View Full Version : Conversations in Dreams

vooood
28th October 2005, 04:25 PM
~ I have noticed that when I am in a lucid state I have converstaions with someone.. I barely remember who it was and what we talked about but I remember there was a conversation.. It stops as soon as I get out of the lucid state..

~ Slowly I start remembering who I talked with but the themes are still a mistery.. I am also afraid to ask these persons if they had a conversation, too :D

~ Anybody knows what this is? Is it an ability or I am just mad? :D

floatingadam
28th October 2005, 07:39 PM
I know what that's like. Go ahead and ask them, I'll bet they don't know anyhthing about it. It seems our brains are a lot more powerful and mystical than we know.

Quantitativefool
28th October 2005, 09:47 PM
Yeah, that happens to me, even in non lucid dreams, when I'm trying to remember something, very frustrating, I'm not quite sure of the cause though.

Good luck,
-Stu

CFTraveler
28th October 2005, 10:40 PM
I have conversations all the time in that hypnagogic state. Sometimes the information is useful, but most of the time the information (I remember the last part of it usually) is untrue or absurd. Usually a warning about some catastrophe that either doesn't happen or not close enough to reality to be taken seriously.
So if you're crazy, then we're the same kind of crazy. :wink:

enoch
30th October 2005, 10:40 PM
happens to me but it's always written words that I'm reading which have real significance and whilst I'm reading them I'm wowing and oo-ing and thinking, this is real life changing stuff, and all......and then I awake and it just slips away. Annoying but tantalising too. :?

floatingadam
31st October 2005, 08:32 AM
Yeah, Enoch, I remember plenty of times where I'm thinking of something that could be life changing if only I could remember it when I wake up. I'm too paralyzed to get up and write it down, and everything profound is gone in the morning when I wake up. :(