PDA

View Full Version : The Biology of Kundalini

0range
20th October 2007, 09:30 PM
http://biologyofkundalini.com/

the best site i've found so far on kundalini loaded with information.

boris
22nd October 2007, 08:43 AM
yes this is a very good site

Beekeeper
22nd October 2007, 09:35 AM
Thanks, I've bookmarked it. :D

ButterflyWoman
22nd October 2007, 09:56 AM
I read it, I bookmarked it, and I blogged it. ;)

0range
23rd October 2007, 07:34 AM
I read it, I bookmarked it, and I blogged it. ;)

the whole thing? its a book! someone needs to get outside :P :lol:
yes i just about read the whole thing too, its quite addicting.

what do you guys think of it?
i really like the diet and herbal recommendations, she also goes into so much detail on just about every aspect you can think of relating to kundalini and spirituality in general

ButterflyWoman
23rd October 2007, 12:15 PM
Well, I only blogged the link. ;) But, yeah, I read it. I read pretty quickly when I'm absorbed in something. And I go outside twice a day every school day, rain or shine, because I have to take a kid to and from school (we walk, so I even get exercise *gasp*)

:D

I was quite taken by the descriptions of transformation, of metamorphosis. I've always felt that was what it was about... well, I felt I was undergoing metamorphosis, but only fairly recently learned that it was a spontaneous Kundalini awakening. Anyway, I also was very interested in the caduces symbology and the comparison to the Christian Trinity (which goes along with something I've thought for some time; the Holy Spirit as written in the Bible has much in common with Kundalini and I believe it's the same thing).

Thoughtbreach
4th November 2007, 12:20 AM
A lot of the book is crap. Some of it good. There is some new age double talk in it, that can be a pain in reading the important parts.

0range
4th November 2007, 04:19 AM
where is there crap? don't just say something like that and not offer proof. on the contrary that makes your statement 'crap'

for those interested in diet for energy cultivation, this is pretty comprehensive
http://biologyofkundalini.com/article.p ... rKundalini (http://biologyofkundalini.com/article.php?story=FiveFormulasForKundalini)

i ordered a bunch of supplements/vitamins/herbs off that list. ill let you guys know how it works out

Korpo
4th November 2007, 09:32 AM
Okay, you two, why don't we take a step from the "your crap is crap" level of discussion, hmm? :)

I'd say, Thoughtbreach, if you make a statement like that which is a bit rude you should

* tone it down a bit.
* be more specific (e.g. quotes, paraphrasing, etc.).

Oliver

Jonathan2525
4th November 2007, 12:35 PM
The site has too many assumptions for my taste. Either that or the author should explain all the inferences she makes. Has she tested the chemistry of many kundalini practitioners in order to reach such conclusions? Is it all based on herself? Has she conducted on herself tests to see which substance is more predominant in her system during K awakening (Nitric Oxide etc)?

Korpo
4th November 2007, 12:50 PM
Yes, valid questions indeed. :)

Oliver

0range
4th November 2007, 06:34 PM
there is a bibliography if you doubt her sources. i think its based on her research and her own experience but obviously it shouldn't be treated as fact.. this is merely one of the first scientific attempts at explaining the metamorphic phenomenon

ButterflyWoman
4th November 2007, 10:18 PM
Gee. I thought it was really interesting reading. I just took away the bits that struck me as being worthy of filing away and left the rest. I just left the parts that didn't interest me or which were of no interest (which includes chemistry, etc.).

Thoughtbreach
5th November 2007, 02:18 AM
I found a funny qoute in the book last week; i put on 1 of my sites it goes:

"How to avoid a kundalini awakening--Eat a heavy cooked diet, do not exercise or spend time in nature, waste your energy on alcohol and cigarettes, do not meditate, avoid spiritually advanced people, do not get into stressful or challenging situations, do not sail across the ocean or do anything remotely adventurous, breath shallow, avoid music, dance, drumming and raw food. Do not fall in love, and especially do not love any guru type. Do not feel any gratitude or mystical feelings. Have no awe over creation, cultivate a mean, small and nasty nature, do not use your intellect, and do not follow your muse or your heart."

Sounds familiar, like many people we might know.

ButterflyWoman
5th November 2007, 02:41 AM
Actually, I experienced Kundalini awakening when doing MOST of those things. I was engaged in contemplative prayer (which is a form of meditation, though I didn't know it at the time), but otherwise... yeah. Pretty much all of that with a few exceptions (I've always been very engaged, intellectually, for example). And yet Kundalini came, anyway (and damn near killed me, but that's another story).

So while I do know for sure that there are ways to increase your chances of experiencing or invoking Kundalini awakening, and I realise that my situation was quite unusual, it does still happen that the Spirit has plans that we know nothing about, and which we would never think to pursue on our own.

I'm just saying. :)

Thoughtbreach
5th November 2007, 03:46 AM
Yea, is a good book...

Jananz
18th April 2008, 04:26 AM
"The site has too many assumptions for my taste. Either that or the author should explain all the inferences she makes. Has she tested the chemistry of many kundalini practitioners in order to reach such conclusions?"

Hi, this is Jana Dixon...I realize the difficulty of presenting a forward-reaching hypothesis...without the years of lab work necessary to confirm ones intuitions, gnostic callings, eurekas, dreams, visions, hammers on the head, trials and errors, 100s of thousands of hours of piecing databites together etc... However the goal was never to try and impress that "this is the way it is!" rather the goal all along was to follow the trail of cognitive heat until the primordial stream was self-satisfied. And to inspire other young minds and hearts to follow their own self-investigative disclosure...hopefully in time scientists and students will directly study the phenomena in themselves and others.

My passion throughout the 7 year odyssey, was to try to help raise our spiritual awareness out of our contemporary regression into conservatism, fundamentalism, medievalism and traditionalism...into something uniquely contemporary, and uniquely ourselves. Not some secondhand external ideology of what spirituality and being human is supposed to be...apeing others.

I presented my cognitive journey in BOK-1 and will go further with it in BOK-2...not in an effort to be "right" but simply make the most "sense" to me, in a world bordering on insane, so that others might be encouraged to go deeper into their own expression of their personal truth. And path the way toward a regenerative human culture that is no longer based on exploitation and diminishment of the individual and of life itself.

I am not asking for you to "believe" the details of my thesis, but to simply inquire into your own process, and to try to describe it in biochemistry, physics, mysticism, cosmology...to the depths of your spirit, and the heights of your rationality...through the inner-outer journey...and so touch the stars.
Thanks,
Jana

CFTraveler
18th April 2008, 03:11 PM
Thank you for contributing to this thread, Ms. Dixon. It's a rare treat to receive input directly from original authors. We're happy that you found us. :lol:
CF.

ButterflyWoman
18th April 2008, 04:29 PM
Ah, the wonder of checking the referer logs (or doing a Google, there are lots of ways to find referring sites). Very nice to see you, Ms Dixon. I enjoyed your site tremendously, at any rate.

Jananz
18th April 2008, 05:37 PM
Yes I often check the viewer log on my site to see where people are finding me from.

I still am finding it hard to find the depth of words needed to describe the need to include preceptive, precedent, visionary cognitive work as being primary to the quest for greater truth. There is no final truth. It is more a wavering line that includes regression, periods of getting lost, remembering, dogmatic stagnation, growth spurts and slow growth of human cultural conditions that allow for the disclosure and stabilization of greater truth. As we evolve in conditions that tolerate the acceptance of greater truth we will see that the higher faculties of mind far exceed our rationally-learned mental database. Through visions, dreams and gnostic revelation we can know things beyond the realm of our past experience. This is a faculty of consciousness which we will have to rely on more and more, if we expect to save ourselves from the machinations of our own shortsighted use of the human intellect. Insisting that the precognitive front, the "eyes" of human evolution, shut up until the years of lab-work has been done will hold humanity back in this dark age of scientific materialism plodding along at the rate of the supply of funding.

We still live largely in the exploitive culture, where research funding is supplied through a corrupt cartel of petrochemical-militarism and where our medical industry is deeply invested in the status quo of disease, disease and more disease. There will be a divide and huge gulf of time between the visionary-gnostic preception of apparent knowledge and the scientific lab and PhD work on aspects of spirituality, consciousness and evolution. We might have to wait for a gentler era when truth means more to us than profit. Thus we must make do with the best approximation of truth we can arrive at now and grow with that.

As a culture we have yet to discover that there is more profit and potential in health, evolution, expansion of consciousness than it all manner of exploitation, capitalizing and profiteering. If the gnostics and visionaries shut up until science became sensitive and subtle enough to palpate supersensory and supercognitive abilities, then human progress would occur at an even slower pace than it now is. And frankly, because of the synergistic interplay of the myriad of problems our lack of foresight has created, we simply have run out of time. We now have to use our higher cognitive abilities or we will suicide the planet.

star
19th April 2008, 01:26 PM
Kundalini can awaken from just having a balanced psyche. If you don't have much in the way of fears and you hold yourself in good esteem (Within your own mind) you've got the basic mindset. heavy smoker/drinker/fat/hedonistic... Its not a complicated formula.

Jananz
19th April 2008, 05:41 PM
At this point I see kundalini awakening as being a quantum-jump event that allows the individual to throw off the unconsciousness of family of origin and culture that they have imbibed. Thus it is a catch-up, healing event to actualize the true potential and to bring the individual's being and DNA into alignment with cosmic-time. That is because our culture tends to repress consciousness and human biology we are held back from the cosmic pace of evolution...(ie: out of sync with God). Kundalini allows the perturbation necessary to rise out of the vice of social inertia...and this reformation happens through the various forms of unwinding, shedding and resurrection symptoms that ultimately end up in more actualized DNA and more efficient cell function, which enables a broader range of consciousness to occur in the individual through the integration of consciousness from cells and the triune brain. And all this is simply catch-up to what we would be if we were born into an enlightened society. As each person emancipates themselves from the lower vibratory/unintegrated state to embrace a vaster truth...then we build the cultural fabric to generate children that are not weighted down by trauma, dysfunction, addiction, poverty...and can come into their spiritual lives without the added catastrophe of explosive kundalini awakenings. As our biology becomes stronger, and our neurology less conflicted and society more knowledgeable, kundalini will be a slow permanent burn over the course of a lifetime that fuels the creative, spiritual and animal life of each individual within an enlightened society. No longer will we need these massive novas to break through our closure and shutdown.

star
19th April 2008, 08:27 PM
At this point I see kundalini awakening as being a quantum-jump event that allows the individual to throw off the unconsciousness of family of origin and culture that they have imbibed. Thus it is a catch-up, healing event to actualize the true potential and to bring the individual's being and DNA into alignment with cosmic-time. That is because our culture tends to repress consciousness and human biology we are held back from the cosmic pace of evolution...(ie: out of sync with God). Kundalini allows the perturbation necessary to rise out of the vice of social inertia...and this reformation happens through the various forms of unwinding, shedding and resurrection symptoms that ultimately end up in more actualized DNA and more efficient cell function, which enables a broader range of consciousness to occur in the individual through the integration of consciousness from cells and the triune brain. And all this is simply catch-up to what we would be if we were born into an enlightened society. As each person emancipates themselves from the lower vibratory/unintegrated state to embrace a vaster truth...then we build the cultural fabric to generate children that are not weighted down by trauma, dysfunction, addiction, poverty...and can come into their spiritual lives without the added catastrophe of explosive kundalini awakenings. As our biology becomes stronger, and our neurology less conflicted and society more knowledgeable, kundalini will be a slow permanent burn over the course of a lifetime that fuels the creative, spiritual and animal life of each individual within an enlightened society. No longer will we need these massive novas to break through our closure and shutdown.

bring the individual's being and DNA into alignment with cosmic-time
Whats cosmic time, how does it change DNA and why would alignment with cosmic time benifit?

That is because our culture tends to repress consciousness and human biology we are held back from the cosmic pace of evolution...(ie: out of sync with God).
Mainstream thought is that nothing like this exists, at least to me it feels as though there is slight resistance. Bad eating habits or lack of excersise, or even incorrect excersise is considered biological resistance but I'm not sure about your definition. Do you mean planetary pace of evolution? Or do you mean that we are progressing with a greater scale of being other than just the people/animals/plants or whatever here on earth? Dimensional would make sense to me, i've worked with that. I'm not sure if you just meant spirits and more advanced entities such as Arch Angels or what not I wouldn't be sure what to call it either if that were the case.

Kundalini allows the perturbation necessary to rise out of the vice of social inertia...and this reformation happens through the various forms of unwinding, shedding and resurrection symptoms that ultimately end up in more actualized DNA and more efficient cell function, which enables a broader range of consciousness to occur in the individual through the integration of consciousness from cells and the triune brain. And all this is simply catch-up to what we would be if we were born into an enlightened society. As each person emancipates themselves from the lower vibratory/unintegrated state to embrace a vaster truth...then we build the cultural fabric to generate children that are not weighted down by trauma, dysfunction, addiction, poverty...and can come into their spiritual lives without the added catastrophe of explosive kundalini awakenings. As our biology becomes stronger, and our neurology less conflicted and society more knowledgeable, kundalini will be a slow permanent burn over the course of a lifetime that fuels the creative, spiritual and animal life of each individual within an enlightened society. No longer will we need these massive novas to break through our closure and shutdown. This I only personally disagree with becuase Kundalini magnifies the negitive qualities of a person as well, while it can be used as a tool to further progress yourself (However your defining progress) It can also send you spiraling into insanity and have many, many negitive effects.

Society really doesn't feel like the an issue to me, once I turned 18 I just moved out of my home and started working on my own and was easily able to meet like-minded individuals on the net or around town, it just depends on who you'd like to associate with. And at least with the ability to manipulate the astral and overhanging egregores its possible to further change an enviroment to suit your specific purpose via direct manipualtion. If you tune into the astral you'll see how native entities already do this or how group mindsets effect areas and how to move into that sort of thing and either remove or reprogram.

Anyway, this is just my view. I have a few questions posted above I was hoping you could clear out for me but my beliefs are definetly not the end all say all so feel free to disagree, you won't hurt my feelings by dishing out to me your own ideas and experiences. Were really in it togther even though every1 holds their own view/perspective.

Jananz
21st April 2008, 06:03 AM
While some people like Ken Wilber say you can never be out of sync with the Tao, or Nature because they encompass everything positive and negative...I personally am interested in helping to create an enlightened civilization in which consciousness/truth/awakeness/health/genius/creativity etc....are welcomed, encouraged, supported and funded. The reason why we often regress is because there is no safe haven in this hostile world for spirit (souls) unfolding... Shock, trauma, competition and general primate nastiness tend to want to make us exit this world, not enter it more fully.

It is only when the new takes over that the old drops away. “Believe” you can open your mind to the Divine Flow. When in the Divine Flow there are no limits to this creative source. By letting go of the lower energies and states we evolve up the spiral at the speed of the Divine Flow…Kairos, or God’s Time.

Cosmic time is Kairos or God's time, it is not anthropomorphic time set by clocks and calendars. It runs off the sun and moon electrogravitic rhythms, the ionic weather patterns, seasons, earth energies, Schumann resonnance, telepathy, gaia mind etc...its the stuff that allows the deepest synchronicities, syzergies between people, significant events building in the social politic etc...In any deep spiritual or contemplative sense, this cosmic time is the only real significant type of time worthy of grokking deeply...penetrating the secrets of the galaxy and the universe itself.

I see all disencarnate entities such as angels, archangels, Gods, Goddesses etc... as ancient forms of archetypes of the psyche...today we have more modern forms such as enneagram etc...
Spirit...to me is the animating formative force prior to matter that manifests the universe...it is looking increasingly more like Zeropoint to me.

When you start to read Viktor Schaubergers books you start to see how deeply off the rails this civilization is...so deeply we have little knowledge of how deeply we are in resistance to Spirit in practically all that we do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka3Pb_St ... re=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka3Pb_StJn4&feature=related)—Naomi Klein - The Shock Doctrine - Part 1 of 6

Jananz
28th April 2008, 03:22 PM
I had a young girl go comatose in my hands the other day. She came in the store, asked to use the bathroom, then promptly fainted on the floor, she woke up a little and we sat her on a chair where she started going out again, I then proceeded to lift her to put her on the floor. She snapped out of it and came immediately back to full consciousness...she had been belly dancing all morning, and was complaining of “energy” pains in her solar plexus. This was a kundalini-fainting episode. The first time I ever heard of such a thing...not sure if this kind of black out IS actually a seizure or something else entirely.

Jananz
9th May 2008, 08:18 PM
I just realized fully today that BOK is a very comprehensive manual for dealing with Gulf War Syndrome and PTSD for the vets. It is paradoxical that those practices and nutritional remediation needed for enduring kundalini without excess damage and regression are exactly those things that are needed for remedial action on the biological-mental-emotional repercussions of war. From the need for silicon to strengthen cell structures against free radicals and radiation, to nerve recovery, and detoxification of toxins. Plus a vast smorgasbord of effective tools, practices and skills needed to recover full physical and spiritual functioning. The crisis of war and the crisis of kundalini are similar in their omnipotent impact on our lives. There are similarity and correspondences between them for recovery from these dismembering and dismantling forces…if the two schools of thought could be united…those trying to help kundalini awakeners, and those trying to help war vets…then both efforts could be greatly enhanced…to the point where the need for war itself and the trauma that it spreads in soldier and civilian alike…may indeed be outgrown in short order.

War you could say is a failure of nerve, consciousness and heart. We can outgrow it by repairing and developing the human spirit to transcend lesser solutions and opt for the high road of Global Peace…as though our lives depended on it. Because they do!

Kairosbliss
4th June 2008, 06:21 PM
Actually, I experienced Kundalini awakening when doing MOST of those things. I was engaged in contemplative prayer (which is a form of meditation, though I didn't know it at the time), but otherwise... yeah. Pretty much all of that with a few exceptions (I've always been very engaged, intellectually, for example). And yet Kundalini came, anyway (and damn near killed me, but that's another story).

So while I do know for sure that there are ways to increase your chances of experiencing or invoking Kundalini awakening, and I realise that my situation was quite unusual, it does still happen that the Spirit has plans that we know nothing about, and which we would never think to pursue on our own.

I'm just saying. :)

Yes, so did I ... well, I did spend time in nature and I did meditate, but used to fill my body with a lot of crap, still the Serpent came alive and I am now one year into the adventure. I am so grateful for this great book and it helps keep my sanity intact and I find inspiration there to really change many of my 'not kundalini friendly beahaviours' and are moving towards more super food and raw food.
The author;Jana Dixon is currently writing a raw food book which will,I think,be quite revoloutionary.

star
4th June 2008, 06:41 PM
I get the feeling that raw food helps, I think a Japanease diet seems like a good example of how to eat. You know, the sushi and whatnot. I have heard that ninjas also used to eat raw foods becuase it was healthier.

Kairosbliss
5th June 2008, 02:02 PM
I must whole heartedly recommend Super Food Smoothies to all in the transmutation flame,
it's not a walk in the park and super nutrition is needed,I think ...I have just started and I have just joined this site,so I'm probably preaching to the converted,but I am just having a ball,using the suggestions and info from Ms.Dixons book.

psionickx
11th April 2011, 09:34 PM
An incredible site about the chemical nature of Kundalini.

CFTraveler
11th April 2011, 09:58 PM
Merged with existing thread about the same site.

Tutor
11th April 2011, 10:51 PM
An incredible site about the chemical nature of Kundalini.

psionicks, the author of this brilliant book is a member in this forum, Jananz.

psionickx
12th April 2011, 09:02 AM
This is something what Jananz wrote on a thread of mine.I'm not vain .. ...but only by meager curiosity decided to check the comment with Jananz which lead to messaging back and forth

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21787 (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21787)
Postby Jananz on Mon 04 Oct 2010 11:32 pm
Grace comes in spades when kundalini is up. This in itself is worthy of many lifetimes of contemplation.

Recognition from people of such accomplished caliber is a reward all own its own.

lcordero
13th April 2011, 03:04 AM
How is this for the biology of kundalini. The 33 fouls create 33 elders and seven dragons
inside your body. Their etheric shields will F-U up, the etheric shield goes by what
common sense is, not by what is seen or if their is a deception.